The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Sack him and we'll be in the same position for the 3rd time in 2 years. We'll be perpetually 'in transition'.

Keep him and we'll be in a worse position than we have been in for ages.

Lerner needs to realise that he has made another almighty **** up and then spend some serious time and research getting it right next time.

Perhaps continually having to pay out compensation for his mistakes might make him wake up and smell the coffee for once!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack him and we'll be in the same position for the 3rd time in 2 years. We'll be perpetually 'in transition'.

Disagree. If he goes and we get a decent manager in he would be able to use the rest of the season to look at the squad. With high earners gone (NRC, Beye, Sidwell etc.) I'd be shocked if he wasn't given some kitty in the summer. I fear if AMc is given money it will be wasted. Hutton is that example of a poor signing. But back to my point, if a new manager does come in and uses the rest of this season to see the squad, pick some new players to pick up we can push on next season. IF he gets sacked in the summer then thats a different story and I agree with your point.

The only way McLeish will get the boot any time soon is if we go down. Thankfully we ain't going down so it ain't gonna happen. I see him being here for the next couple of years and us stuck somewhere between 9th and 15th.

How do you know we won't go next season? What happens if the relegation fight is tight as it were last season.

McLeish has the same points as Houllier did last season right now. But we know for a fact McLeish is hopeless in relegation battles. He won't get us out of it.

Go and get Paul Lambert.

This

I've been saying this for ages. He is one of the very few managers who could give us massive HOPE of top 6 regularly without spending fortunes on transfer fees. He has a load of Championship players sitting 8th in the Premier League. Just imagine what he could do with us...

Plus we shouldn't be sacking him until Steve Bruce has found himself another job. Just the thought makes me shudder!

If there was ever a reason to keep McLeish it would be so we don't end up with Steve **** Bruce. He'd be first in line too what with his premiership experience and all *shudder*.

I still fear this season. We still have Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City and Tottenham to play, and all it's going to take is a couple of banana slips against lower mid table teams and we could be well in the relegation battle in the final quarter this season.

Will McLeish get us out of it? Will the fans and players have faith in him? No.

Plus we shouldn't be sacking him until Steve Bruce has found himself another job. Just the thought makes me shudder!

If there was ever a reason to keep McLeish it would be so we don't end up with Steve **** Bruce. He'd be first in line too what with his premiership experience and all *shudder*.

Would have to agree.

Can you imagine Lerner's shortlist:

Steve Bruce

Trevor Francis

Barry Fry

All know the area and having managed at the STY would see coming to VP as going to heaven!

Lambert will not come to us, plus we have no money to spend so what could he do? Same players making mistakes

Why wouldn't he come to us? We're a big step up from Norwich (he left Colchester midseason to join Norwich in the first place). We have 4/5 big earners leaving in the summer, so I'm fairly sure we will spend.

McLeish knows he is safe at the next home game.

Everyone expects us to get turned over by Man City so if we do get beat then nobody will be shocked.

However, if we get a draw or somehow manage to get a win the fans will be ecstatic (short term memory loss kicks in) and he can go home a happy boy for another week.

Unfortunately for him, our next home game is against Fulham (having played Wigan and Blackburn away) and if we don't beat them then he will get what he deserves from the fans.

I don't think anyone better (more than marginally I mean) is out there let alone would want to come here.
John Gregory?

I loved Gregory when he was here but seriously his record since he left us makes McLeish look like Mourinho.

Lambert will not come to us, plus we have no money to spend so what could he do? Same players making mistakes

Why wouldn't he come to us? We're a big step up from Norwich (he left Colchester midseason to join Norwich in the first place). We have 4/5 big earners leaving in the summer, so I'm fairly sure we will spend.

He is a good friend of MON.

So he might be bit weary of us but agree someone like Lambert would have made far more sense than tapping up McLeish.

The way I see it, (and I mentioned this in today's match thread), we need to get to 32 games having reached 35 points. We can then use the last 6 games to add to that and try and finish as high as possible. If we fail to get 7 points from the next 8, we are in deep shit.

I can't see the bottom 3 reaching 30 points in that time, so I think we are safe anyway, but, you never know.

Â