The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know why N'Zogbia was taken off for Heskey? That was an absolutely ridiculous substitution.

I'm guessing so Heskey would hold the ball up as it was coming straight back.

Anybody know why N'Zogbia was taken off for Heskey? That was an absolutely ridiculous substitution.

Exactly as I read it. And we did hold it up better once he came on

But we then missed N'Zogbia

We could've done with 12 players

Slag us off for not picking up any points today by all means, but don't claim we played crap

We did play crap in the second half. It was very much CRAP.

And thanks to McLeishs masterclass in shit subs .

Truly awful manager and the damage the idiot could do to us in a 3 year period is a disturbing thought.

Well if we played 'crap' in the second half, then we must've played incredible in the first

We weren't as good in the second granted, the fact that Newcastle upped their game may have had as much bearing on that, as well as panic setting in once they got a grip of midfield

But that still doesn't explain how someone can claim we're playing dire.

What were you watching? Second half we stopped trying to keep the ball, dropped back into our area and punted the ball up to the lone striker Bent. He lost it straight away and back it came, which led to more and more pressure on the defence. More panic, more punts etc etc.

Newcastle didnt really up their game, we stopped playing ours, simple as that. To plead ignorance to that is comical!

Watch a Swansea match...then watch a Villa match...

You will find your answer

I wonder if Randy Lerner, when finalising his 5 year plan (over 5 years ago) reckoned that in 2012 we would be playing inferior quality football to Swansea City!!

A look at the last seven days tells you all you need to know;

One good half against Arsenal, one woefully inept second-half capitulation.

One truly abysmal half against QPR that would be generous to describe as merely dire, one vastly improved second half.

One encouraging, inventive half against Newcastle, one naïve 'let's just sit back and protect what we have' second half, replete with awful substitions that destroyed the shape of the team.

This is a pretty accurate reflection of the whole season. We have quality players but they desperately need guidance and a plan to work to. The only way you get this kind of inconsistency is down to a lack of leadership. McLeish is out of his depth, doesn't know what to do with the creative players at his disposal and is at a complete loss to get anything out of the more limited players in the squad.

The club aren't going to act now but he HAS to go in the summer.

Come off it.

He takes off Ireland for Bannan. Not Clark for Bannan. Then he takes off N'Zogbia for Heskey despite setting up Keane for the goal in the first half. Then when we were 2-1 down after having sitting deep and playing hoof, it takes him ages to make the last sub from Clark to Gardner.

People who still insist of defending McLeish after this result have deep insecurity issues and it's scary how far you'll actually go of defending him.

Agreed.

Its like someone trying to argue day is night.

When someone is so obviously shit and continues to make shit decisions to have some morons still trying to play devils advocate for an utter shit manager its disturbing.

6 wins in 24 games is an utter joke.

To try and defend his shit subs today is an utter joke.

Shows how either demented some fans are or how this curmudgeon manager and crap baord has succesfully lowered expectations to a ridiculous and unrecognisable level.

McLeish has no respect from fans, therefore he has none from the players...it was always going to happen. Randy has created a right mess. We either bumble along with McLeish, with players we cant get rid of because of their wages, or sack McLeish and start again, with the players knowing they have ultimate power at the club. Either scenario is very unhealthy. Nice one Randy!

And why was it coming back to us, unlike first half?

Long ball, too deep, Bent alone.

As anyone considered the fact that they were missing Taylor, Tiote & Cabaye? These two midfielders bosses the game at Villa! We were full strength ffs!

All I can think is how lucky we are to have at least 3 worst teams below us this season!

To change from the effective and pleasing on the eye football in the first half, to the backs against the wall punt-on-sight of the second half is baffling. Why AM would do that is beyond me and by the time he tried to revert to how we were playing, we were already a goal down. Be consistent ffs! How much was down to his direct instructions though is confusing. For if it were, I'm not sure Keane would be yelling at Petrov and co. to play the ball to his feet, and try to get them to stop hoofing.

And why was it coming back to us, unlike first half?

Long ball, too deep, Bent alone.

This is what I can't understand. Once we got into the game in the first half we moved the ball well and looked like we could win it. Started the second half and the players first options was to slam it down field. It was like we had a completely different team in the second half and not just Ireland off.

Bannan didn't work out for me in the 2nd half I think we would have been better off if Gardner had gone right. Bannan tooked in too much and we lacked an outlet.

No natural width to the team and yet he brings on a centre forward to play on the left. Ok, N'Zogbia wasn't great, but at least he was giving us a little width. We lost that completely once Heskey came on. McLeish is said to have been a proper defender, played at the highest level, yet the Villa defence is terrible. Cuellar and Warnock were awful today. Hutton gets forward well but can't cross. What do they work on in training?

If 9th place wasn't good enough to save Houllier, then being in the bottom half come the end of the season should not be enough to save McLeish. I pray for consistency from Lerner.

He definitely didn't get the tactics right today and he made ridiculous substitutions. Our players looked so slow, Newcastle wanted it more.

I've defended Mcleish against some of the things people have said about him, but today there were no excuses I'm afraid.

If he seriously sets the team up and tells them to play hoofball, he has to go, because it doesn't work and it hasn't worked for us for years now but for some reason the people who make these decisions are the only ones who can't see this. If on the other hand he tells the players to play it along the ground and not to hoof it, then the players are more to blame but Mcleish still has to take some blame as to why the players don't listen to him and play his way.

It's so frustrating seeing us play this way, we need a big change.

Â