The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

The thing is though, people are not happy. This guy I was talking to yesterday said the staff at VP are not happy with the manager or the direction of the club. The whole atmosphere around VP is one of disengagement.

I would suggest that most people are happy. Staff morale at VP has hugely improved since the takeover, in line with the investments that have taken place, after years and years of penny pinching decay.

Just wondering how you might know this? as a close friend of mind knows a few people from the ticket office, and he's told me that they are not enjoying working at VP at the moment.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a close friend of mind knows a few people from the ticket office, and he's told me that they are not enjoying working at VP at the moment.

I can imagine there's a modicum of truth there, in that the ticketing staff are probably being hammered to make sales targets as a result of our dwindling home attendances this season.

And the expectations keep dropping.

A good 2nd half at home against a newly promoted team resulted in a draw and 1 point. Further evidence of how we're going nowhere under this manager and yet it's somehow seen as something worthy of praise.

I would suggest that YOUR expectations dropping is a very good thing indeed.

And the "the newly promoted team" was managed by the very man many wanted here..... and we battered them. Absolutely battered them. We were very very unlucky and Warnock's OG IS NOT AMs fault. So our "shit/McLeish/AMcL" manager put out a team that played great football and battered Mark Hughes and his team.

You can't have it both ways my friend.

Mark Hughes has only been in the job 15 days or so, not exactly his team. And they were the better team in the first 30 mins. You've gone a bit OTT in this comment. I commend your stance in sticking up for the manager, but at times it does seem you're doing it in blind faith.

There are also fans though who just critice AM for the sake of it, without taking a step back and thinking about it.

I recently took on a new client, the company owner is a SHA fan.

He said that for the last few years he has really dread going to the sty (obviously he didn't call it that) and he had to drag himself to attend. He said the football was boring and negative.

Now he loves going down and can't wait for match days and the football is now exciting to watch.

So, based on the fact that McLeish bored the soul out of loyal fans for four years at the sty what makes anyone think he is suddenly going to have a management style change and offer us something different?

Answers on a postcard please.

Mark Hughes has only been in the job 15 days or so, not exactly his team

its more his team than villa is big ecks.

Come off it, straws and clutching springs to mind with that comment. Maybe in terms of players bought, in the last few days, but how much work has he really done with them.

Mcleish has been at the Villa since June. A hell of a lot more time to hughes has had to get his first 11 sorted out.

a good second half against one of the worst travelling teams inthe premier luage with a manager only in the job 2 weeks, having ad to make 5 changes to his starting line up, including having to play some players who only signed for the club 24 hours before and had done no training , no team talks nothing about tactics for the game which with most normal clubs takes place half way through the week or at least a few days before they play the opponents, which gives them time to practice against things such as super long throw ins, formations, tricky players and so on.

we did batter them in the second half, but how many times did they try and get out of their half? probably only 5 or 6 times in the secnd half, that was not down to our play, that was down to them suddenly dropping far too deep and trying to play long ball tactics, odd the same sort of thing shich made us look so bad for the first 30 minutes.

so around 35 minutes of decent football against a very very poor qpr, we get a draw. 1 point. so another game with no win.

while the second half was nice to watch, i have a strange feeling we wont be seeing that sort of football again for a while, because i doubt we will play against a team so poor again.

it was like villa v spurz apart from they actually got 2 goals before giving up.

so while pleasing we came back to get 1 point, in the bigger picture, it really isnt worth getting too excited about when put in full context.

it isnt as if in the second half we scored 10 goals is it?

even i, someone who expects the worst under this current G C , was saying at 2-0 down that we should still easily win the game because i could see how shit qpr were.

then at half time when we pulled 1 back i was saying the second half we should score 3 more as it was clear qpr were really going to be the worst team we played at villa park, for what ever reason.

but we didnt

so before people start creaming their pants that we managed to get point against the worst opponents i have seen us play in a very long time, lets see what happens over the next 5 games

i know we have newcastle next , let me see who else we have..

in fact having seen who we have, lets call it 6 games as we have 1 we should not win man city, 1 we should battle for a draw with newcastle, same with fulham and then 3 wins, wigan, blackburn and bolton

lets see what the football is like and what results we get, out of the 6 games there are at least 3 games we should win, you could argue 2 we should lose and in theory fulham should be a draw or win.

but i have posted what i think we should be doing in the first scenario

... I described Villa as a waste of a potentially good club in the pre-match build up, underachieving through poor management and more stringent financial controls from the boardroom. When the celebrations of the bizarre second goal died down I looked around this famous old ground, at the 10,000 empty seats and the gang of supporters down to our right joining in with the "you are embarrassing" chants from the travelling QPR faithful, and wondered just how it had come to this? Link

He said that for the last few years he has really dread going to the sty (obviously he didn't call it that) and he had to drag himself to attend. He said the football was boring and negative.

Now he loves going down and can't wait for match days and the football is now exciting to watch.

So, based on the fact that McLeish bored the soul out of loyal fans for four years at the sty what makes anyone think he is suddenly going to have a management style change and offer us something different?

just remember the players he had to work with there.

a few of my SHA mates were raving about when he signed benitez arate bently and were linked with keane pavuchenko and babel

he has better attacking players now so dont expect the same as before

also hougton is a little overrated its only the last few games they have scored a lot of goals before that it was boring and winning by a goal

a few of my SHA mates were raving about when he signed benitez arate bently and were linked with keane pavuchenko and babel

also hougton is a little overrated its only the last few games they have scored a lot of goals before that it was boring and winning by a goal

My blues nose mates were of Mcleish over Bentley, saying he played him out of position a lot of the time.

I've been impressed with Blues and Hughton so far this season, the'ir games are quite open. You got to remeber it does take a new manager a bit of time to get used to the team and get them going he way he wants them to as well as for him to know the players. Just like it will take Hughes more than 15 days to become accustomed to his players at QPR It may even take as long as, oh lets say 8 months. :-)

Yes the players McLeish had at SHA were not as good.

So why, if he has far better players to work with at Villa, are the results and the style of football no better?

And if Hughton is a little overrated, why did he get Newcastle promoted and into a health position in the PL before being unexpectedly sacked and why are SHA now firmly planted in the play off zone with a game in hand despite having to play so many more games because of their Europa involvement?

So why, if he has far better players to work with at Villa, are the results and the style of football no better?

there has been some good football at times. results wise a lot of players have made mistakes at vital times

And if Hughton is a little overrated, why did he get Newcastle promoted and into a health position in the PL before being unexpectedly sacked and why are SHA now firmly planted in the play off zone with a game in hand despite having to play so many more games because of their Europa involvement?

this was newcastles starting 11 in the championship

GK: #1, Steve Harper, RB: #12, Danny Simpson,CB: #27, Steven Taylor, CB: #2, Fabricio Coloccini, LB: #3, José Enrique, RM: #16, Ryan Taylor, CM: #8, Danny Guthrie,CM: #17, Alan Smith, LM: #18, Jonás Gutiérrez, AM: #4, Kevin Nolan, CF: #24, Andy Carroll,

that is going to win most games

SHA have a defence made up of premier league experience. 1 striker that will always score goals at that level and another who cost them £7m and has played in the champions league

THEY ARE WINNING.

Just like they never moaned about Eck's football in the Championship because THEY WERE WINNING.

If we were sat in 6th place not a single **** would be given about the "negative" football.

THEY ARE WINNING.

Just like they never moaned about Eck's football in the Championship because THEY WERE WINNING.

If we were sat in 6th place not a single **** would be given about the "negative" football.

But we dont play negative football mate. It's a myth that all the haters cant let go of.

THEY ARE WINNING.

my mates did, yes they were happy for winning, but always commented on the style. They were never impressed with his tactics or way of playing.

i'm a bit confused by some people's interpretations of AM's role in the qpr game, and the game as a whole.

qpr WERE NOT the better side even when they were 2-0 up. we weren't as good as the second half it's true, but they scored one great finish that was extremely lucky to fall so nicely for cisse and then warnock's blinder. not much else.

the football we played was what people on here have been crying out for, for ages. in the first half it was more measured in the first 30 mins. but at the end of the half we were playing some really good stuff. AM then must have tore them a new hole as they came out playing some of the best high tempo, intelligent passing football i've seen us play for AGES. we MURDERED them in terms of chances and possession, with style.

both the formation and how he got them worked up for the second half was AM's doing. i didn't want him here, but if he can get us playing like that consistently then we will be more than fine going forward. the window is closed so all he can do at the back is trust the kids a bit more to create some competition for places.

when keane goes i don't see it as a big mystery as to what will happen, ireland will play there and we'll play a winger on the right. not that big a change.

give AM some credit where it is due, that performance was fantastic. yes it only brought home a point. had the ref not been such a clearing in the woods though we'd have won, or if bent hadn't scuffed one, or if warnock had been a little less wild, or if the header went in. the list is long as we had 15 shots on goal from 23 chances.

also, those saying it's just "45 minutes against a newly promoted side", what about chelsea away? there's plenty of signs that we can do it with this squad and AM is starting to get it right. if we play to 80% of that level consistently we'll finish this season very well.

i'm a bit confused by some people's interpretations of AM's role in the qpr game, and the game as a whole.

qpr WERE NOT the better side even when they were 2-0 up. we weren't as good as the second half it's true, but they scored one great finish that was extremely lucky to fall so nicely for cisse and then warnock's blinder. not much else.

the football we played was what people on here have been crying out for, for ages. in the first half it was more measured in the first 30 mins. but at the end of the half we were playing some really good stuff. AM then must have tore them a new hole as they came out playing some of the best high tempo, intelligent passing football i've seen us play for AGES. we MURDERED them in terms of chances and possession, with style.

both the formation and how he got them worked up for the second half was AM's doing. i didn't want him here, but if he can get us playing like that consistently then we will be more than fine going forward. the window is closed so all he can do at the back is trust the kids a bit more to create some competition for places.

when keane goes i don't see it as a big mystery as to what will happen, ireland will play there and we'll play a winger on the right. not that big a change.

give AM some credit where it is due, that performance was fantastic. yes it only brought home a point. had the ref not been such a clearing in the woods though we'd have won, or if bent hadn't scuffed one, or if warnock had been a little less wild, or if the header went in. the list is long as we had 15 shots on goal from 23 chances.

also, those saying it's just "45 minutes against a newly promoted side", what about chelsea away? there's plenty of signs that we can do it with this squad and AM is starting to get it right. if we play to 80% of that level consistently we'll finish this season very well.

Great post, agree with all of.

15hd53n.gif

THEY ARE WINNING.

But we dont play negative football mate. It's a myth that all the haters cant let go of.

To be fair, we did set out negatively in quite a few games earlier in the season. Spurs, United, Newcastle at home come to mind.

Â