The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

To be fair player stupidity was more to blame then the tactics today.

1st goal Dunne didn't need to make the tackle.

2nd goal Warnock shouldn't have let Walcott past.

3rd goal where was Hutton and again a silly tackle by Bent.

After the 3rd we were useless though.

Yet they're rarely punished. I have no idea how Hutton has wormed his way back into the first team. I have no idea why Warnock is still here as well.

You know, I could let it go if it was their first mistake...but they keep making mistakes, not just harsh mistakes, but straight up baby quality mistakes. They're **** stupid. All drunken pissheads who all deserve to be in the Championship.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately too many of this stupidity this season. With that sort of errors surely manager and the coaching team will have to shoulder some of the blame

You have to look at the rest of the game till those points and imo we were very organised and well set out for a change. We then made the mistakes and collapsed. I think there were ways to stop the early 2nd half onslaught but it's easy to say in hindsight. No manager would change the team when winning 2-0 at half time.

We've had some bad games this season when McLeish deserved slating, but today we were typical 'Aston Villa' and lost our bottle, and when that happens a team like Arsenal will take advantage.

Yet they're rarely punished. I have no idea how Hutton has wormed his way back into the first team. I have no idea why Warnock is still here as well.

You know, I could let it go if it was their first mistake...but they keep making mistakes, not just harsh mistakes, but straight up baby quality mistakes. They're **** stupid. All drunken pissheads who all deserve to be in the Championship.

We do certainly need some better fullbacks, I'm not going to blame Dunne for his odd mistake though as its not continual like Warnock and Hutton.

Any winger with pace is destroying us atm, or a defender in the case of the 3rd goal :(

To be fair to Mcleish I inherited a lot of Mons shit and lost a lot of the the better signings. But this is why we needed a manager that would get the best out of what we have. Not one who has relegated a team twice. Why cant they just hold on to the ball for longer than 3 pass's before whacking it long to nobody? I just dont get it. :(

Tactics in the second half were all wrong.

Why? We were 2-0 up. You aren't going to beat Arsenal by matching them with passing and tempo - instead you sit back and hit on the break which we did very effectively. Nobody anticipated the stupidity of those 8 minutes. It crushed our confidence and coming back was going to be very difficult given how well Arsenal maintain possession. Individual errors are beyond the managers control.

I don't really think the tactics were THAT wrong in the second half. Arsenal were well up for it and it would have been hard for any team to contain them. On another day without the stupid individual errors we would have won that.

My only criticism is that Dunne and Collins (and Cuellar really, completely over-rated by people on here) are still at the club. They're too prone to stupid errors and poor positioning. They need to go in the summer.

Oh and the signing of Hutton. Jesus christ he's shite.

I don't really think the tactics were THAT wrong in the second half. Arsenal were well up for it and it would have been hard for any team to contain them. On another day without the stupid individual errors we would have won that.

My only criticism is that Dunne and Collins (and Cuellar really, completely over-rated by people on here) are still at the club. They're too prone to stupid errors and poor positioning. They need to go in the summer.

Oh and the signing of Hutton. Jesus christ he's shite.

This is one of the reasons I despise MON. He really did buy a lot of shit for big money before he abandoned us. But the one thing you have to give him credit for was he could get the best out of them. AM does not seem to be able to do this.

He also hired a manager who was a popular choice with many, and gave him complete backing, which has turned out to be a costly mistake, but Mr Lerner's mistake nonetheless.

And what manager would that be then?

McLeish should've been quick with a sub at 1-2...I would've got Keane off as he was struggling to get in the game and got Gardner on at that point. I don't think McLeish is quick enough with substitutions tbh.

I don't think there was too much else he did wrong today, set up was very good in the first half and I do think we are slowly starting to play better football on the ground. We certainly thrown away plenty of two goals leads under different managers in the last 15 years, it's nothing new sadly.

Really wished he hadn't of signed Hutton. He bid for Clyne at Palace when he was at SHA so hopefully that's another old target he revisits in the summer.

Tactics were spot on in the 1st half and Warnock played well with Gabby to snuff out Walcott.

Gabby wasn't fit 2nd half and Walcott came out firing ...couldn't track back to help out Warnock - he was badly exposed - as he was when Dowining was in the team last season.

So I think some of the Mcleish bashing is a little unfair. 2 penalties plus a lucky rebound is a bit hard to swallow. I'm gutted.

I didn't realise until listening to comms that he was responsible for bringing Arteta over to Rangers in the first place.

Julie I wouldnt say Tactics were spot on at all. We had sat back so much that if Arsenal wernt so poor we would have been losing at half time. We were not got value for our lead and we are all honest, even at half time we knew that if Arsenal stepped it up a gear we would still lose.

I've been wondering if anyone on the coaching staff watches the matches and actually "coaches" the players to help them improve. For the love of God, someone needs to tell Darren Bent NOT to jump so damn early. EVERY SINGLE TIME he's already nearly on the ground again by the time the ball gets there.

Not only that somebody please tell the players to hold on to the ball until there is a pass on. We give the ball away so cheaply. Before I used to think that the players were just not good enough to retain the ball for long periods but Swansea have shown this is clearly not the case. Its so simple yet why cant we do it!!!!???

Its the rebuilding of the team thats worrying me we. Whoever is the Manager his problem will be the size of clearout. We need Warnock.Dunne,Collins and Hutton out at the back, Petrov is finished, Clarke can't play midfield. That's 6 positions for starters. AM or whoever ain't gonna get bick bucks for those players, so unless there's a big cash injection we are in trouble. If the likelihood season tickets will be down next year then the cash injection needs to be made earlier. With no deals in this window likely for the first time this season I'm worried for the future.

Its the rebuilding of the team thats worrying me we. Whoever is the Manager his problem will be the size of clearout. We need Warnock.Dunne,Collins and Hutton out at the back, Petrov is finished, Clarke can't play midfield. That's 6 positions for starters. AM or whoever ain't gonna get bick bucks for those players, so unless there's a big cash injection we are in trouble. If the likelihood season tickets will be down next year then the cash injection needs to be made earlier. With no deals in this window likely for the first time this season I'm worried for the future.

I see relegation on the cards.

Straight from the kick off they pushed Ramsay up close to Van Persie and were passing through our midfield and they were at our defence. The second penalty wasn't a foul, you can see the Arsenal player saying to Bent 'you didn't foul me'. Th ref was poor, he didn't do anything about the RVP elbow on Cuellar and the offside against Gardner late on was embarrassing.We played well first half and we blew it in the first 15 mins of the second half and lost to 2 pens and a joke goal.

Â