The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Few Villa Facebook pages are mentioning bringing banners on Wednesday.

like thats gonna help.

seriously we need to concentrate on supporting the team whoever the manager, owners are etc because the support at villa park at the moment is shocking no atmosphere whatsoever.

Finally some sense.

:clap:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like thats gonna help.

seriously we need to concentrate on supporting the team whoever the manager, owners are etc because the support at villa park at the moment is shocking no atmosphere whatsoever.

Yeah but you're not going to change that. Rightly or wrongly that is the natural reaction to the team playing as badly as it is - no amount of reasoning with people on here will do the blindest bit to stop the boos or change the atmosphere at the game.

Banners might just make the players realise that the shower of shite they are serving up has gotten to the point where the fans are in revolt. That may spark a reaction from them it may not, but it's more chance than the apathetic mood currently going on.

Like I say, it's not that what you're saying is wrong, just that it's pointless believing it will happen.

Few Villa Facebook pages are mentioning bringing banners on Wednesday.

like thats gonna help.

Dull, insipid, abject performances lead to no atmosphere in the ground.

I have never witnessed football as dire as this - there is literally nothing that might rouse the crowd and inspire the slightest bit of excitement.

Over 37,000 for yesterday's game, a week before Christmas and on TV, shows the stalwart nature of Villa fans - this is no time for them to be criticised.

We have been ignored and insulted by our own Club for virtually all of 2011. If 2012 is to be any better, then it must herald the removal of McLeish and we must be as vocal as possible in hurrying the process along if we are to recover from this cancerous malaise that currently engulfs the Club.

I would take Coyle tomorrow. At least he tries to play football the right way.

Imagine what he could do with a Chairman who backs him. :?

Have you ever actually seen Bolton play?!!!

This is a bizarre comment. Owen Coyle play a terrible brand of hoof ball….he is one of the few managers who play a type of football less aesthetically pleasing than McLeish!!

To be honest we have been ignored since MON left and it has been one joke after another. I'm sick of hearing pundits slagging us off saying we're only Aston Villa why are we complaining. It's ridiculous. McLeish is a bad manager, managing a team of individuals with zero confidence and even less confidence in him.

I'm tired of this now. Lerner has made a massive mistake hiring McLeish when there are other managers out there. Yes he's managed the blues, fine, but it's not this I have an issue with. He is god awful, both tactically and technically. His communication skills are poor and the bullshit he spouts from comparing us to Holland to comparing Heskey to Beckenbaur is just embarrassing.

I do not agree that protesting of any kind before/during a game will yield anything other than a worse result than I expect (3-0 to Arsenal) on Wednesday but we need to do something about our joke of a manager. However, given the level of shit RL gets from Browns fans it will not make a jot of difference.

I would take Coyle tomorrow. At least he tries to play football the right way.

Imagine what he could do with a Chairman who backs him. :?

Have you ever actually seen Bolton play?!!!

This is a bizarre comment. Owen Coyle play a terrible brand of hoof ball….he is one of the few managers who play a type of football less aesthetically pleasing than McLeish!!

Maybe so this season but last season they played some very good football at times. We have a much higher standard of player at Villa than Bolton and under someone like Coyle I can see them doing ok.

I just really want McLeish out. Hughes would still be my top choice but would take any of Lambert, Coyle & Poyet as well.

like thats gonna help.

Yeah but you're not going to change that. Rightly or wrongly that is the natural reaction to the team playing as badly as it is - no amount of reasoning with people on here will do the blindest bit to stop the boos or change the atmosphere at the game.

Banners might just make the players realise that the shower of shite they are serving up has gotten to the point where the fans are in revolt. That may spark a reaction from them it may not, but it's more chance than the apathetic mood currently going on.

Like I say, it's not that what you're saying is wrong, just that it's pointless believing it will happen.

i know what your saying too. But ive had a season ticket for 18 seasons now, i remember when we used to go a couple of goals down and the fans would get behind us to try and help us get back in the game, sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt. i looked at the players in that 2nd half yesterday and i thought what belief are they going to have about getting back in the game when all hey could hear is boos and general manager and player abuse from the crowd. Were all aston villa SUPPORTERS so were meant to support through good and bad times so instead of shouting abuse at the manager when we go a goal down how about we sing a song or 2 and try and get behind them like we used too because nowadays most our fans dont act like supporters they act like spoilt little customers.

like thats gonna help.

I Say bring back the ''we're not fickle we just don't like you'' banner

I worked last time!!

like thats gonna help.

I Say bring back the ''we're not fickle we just don't like you'' banner

I worked last time!!

the thing is we are fickle though and always have been.

We can be fickle at times but I don't think this is fickle at all.

no this isn't dont get me wrong, i didn't want mcleish but i can see he isn't going anywhere anytime soon so i'm gonna do what supporter should do and support the team and not blame mcleish for every little thing that goes wrong like most people around me do because at the end of the day theres only so much he can do. He isn't out there on the pitch.

How good is Paul Lambert by the way? I think it's fantastic how he has managed back to back promotions and is looking likely to finish in the top 10 through first half of the season. He has had very little to spend (if any) basically working on a much worse squad than us with a very strict restriction. Yet the football they play under him is a million times ahead under AM. He hasn't complained that much either and doesn't need any 'emergencies' players in January.

Why on earth did the board ignore him? Oh that's right. 'Premier League Experience', so they think a man with 2 Premier League Relegations is a safer bet than a young upcoming manager with bags of potenial.

Now who's being short sighted?

Imagine this....

Randy: Hey Paul fancy leaving that team you've just got promoted twice to come and manage us, I know it's your first season in the PL and all but we'd really appreciate it.

Lambert: Umm sure I'd love to work with the likes of Downing, Young and Bent... just one thing how much money have I got to spend?

Randy: Yeah...about that.....

http://tinyurl.com/avfcpremcomparison

Latest stats on the tw*t.

Trust me the only way to make a noise over this is to boycott Villa Park. Anyone going is supporting the morons continued existence

I've been going for 50 years and travelled from far afield as Kent - Wigan - Devon (when I lived there). Why the F**k should I stop now? Sorry I may be a moron by I am a loyal moron who will follow my team no matter what level or type of football. At least I'm a claret and blue blooded moron and proud!

There isnt a manager apart from Hughes who can take us forward but he wont come.

I have been through some of the worst years at Villa but this on top of what is happening in the Premiership is soul destroying and have to say watching Championshp football may not only be more enjoyable but more within our current capabilities. Harsh? Maybe, but its how I feel at the moment.

I would love to see the number of season ticket holders not turning up to games, I know there are a good enough number for the club to start telling people to sell their ticket rather than let it go to waste.

Mcleish to me is dragging the club at the same level as the owners expectations, his outcome will be his true intention off the back of deciding to go for Mcleish.

Â