The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Is he completed wrong though?

Us not having 4 starters in Gabby, Bent, Herd & Given would be similar to Liverpool missing Suarez, Reina, Adam & Bellamy.

Do you think we'd have lost as badly if they had Brad Jones in goal & Andy Carroll upfront?

I don't know, but I doubt many teams in the league could put in excellent performances with 4 starters unavailable for selection.

Well, seeing as the performance was just as bad as against Tottenham and Man Utd when he had every player to choose from, NO EXCUSES.

Exactly.

Tho this manager publically said we play like Holland!

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us not having 4 starters in Gabby, Bent, Herd & Given would be similar to Liverpool missing Suarez, Reina, Adam & Bellamy.

Do you think we'd have lost as badly if they had Brad Jones in goal & Andy Carroll upfront?

I don't know, but I doubt many teams in the league could put in excellent performances with 4 starters unavailable for selection.

This is the sort of lame excuse being paraded by McLeish. Don't get duped into believing that we would have been any better with them. We have failed to win and score in most of the games that the aforementioned players have been available for so why is their absence the sole reason for our ineptitude?

It's not the result though is it. It's the inept display, lack of effort, lack of desire... The entire can't be arsed attitude by an ill prepared, badly coached and poorly motivated set of players.

A few first teamers were missing but we've been this poor and worse all season.

It's garbage.

Hughes, Lambert, Rodgers, Moyes. Benitez would be up there for me. He'd sort the shit out at our club and he's a CL winning manager.

Moyes? Benitez? HAHAHAHA. People on here need to stop dreaming. We had the chance to get them before AM and we didn't even glance at them. What makes you think they would come here? No money to spend and forced to sell best players every season.

Ok fine. Lambert, Rodgers, Hughes. Mark Hughes is available for nothing yet out idiotic stubborn board refuse to give him any time whatsoever.

I'd rather have a manager who could leave us for compensation at any point than having to replace one each season because RL & PF keep hiring useless mongs.

Well, seeing as the performance was just as bad as against Tottenham and Man Utd when he had every player to choose from, NO EXCUSES.

I completely disagree.

Against Spurs we were terrible.

Against Man Utd we were better. We might not have had the final ball or the attacking flair, but we had the ball quite a lot in the 2nd half (even if Man Utd were happy to sit on their 1-0 lead).

Today we were better than in both of those games, despite the players we had missing. We had the ball loads, we tried to attack, we pushed the fullbacks foward, Collins even ran into the box when we were on the attack at one point, Heskey had a few chances where he should have forced a decent save from Reina, N'Zogbia released a few good shots. We were no-where near as bad as people are making out. We were undone by 2 set-pieces and got lucky on a few occasions when Liverpool caught us on the counter. Today, that's it.

It's not the result though is it. It's the inept display, lack of effort, lack of desire... The entire can't be arsed attitude by an ill prepared, badly coached and poorly motivated set of players.

A few first teamers were missing but we've been this poor and worse all season.

It's garbage.

Finally, a post I can agree with a bit.

The lack of effort was clear from a few players. Heskey looked terrible, Fonz looked lazy, Delph has been poor all season & Petrov, though he can be a calming influence, was rubbish, in my opinion.

BUT N'Zogbia looked loads better, Warnock appears to have found some form again, Albrighton is looking dangerous & Dunne looks like the player he was 2 years ago.

We don't see what happens on the training ground. They didn't look like they had been told to sit back and defend to Me. They pushed forward, they attacked on the wings, they tried to flick balls over the top for the forward, but the runs from players we had on the pitch aren't as clever as Gabby's or Bent's runs.

I just don't think a tame 2-0 loss to Liverpool, due to 2 set-pieces, is enough for Me to pile more pressure on McLeish.

The players have to take some of the stick too.

I completely disagree.

Against Man Utd we were better. We might not have had the final ball or the attacking flair, but we had the ball quite a lot in the 2nd half (even if Man Utd were happy to sit on their 1-0 lead).

Today we were better than in both of those games, despite the players we had missing. We had the ball loads, we tried to attack, we pushed the fullbacks foward, Collins even ran into the box when we were on the attack at one point, Heskey had a few chances where he should have forced a decent save from Reina, N'Zogbia released a few good shots. We were no-where near as bad as people are making out. We were undone by 2 set-pieces and got lucky on a few occasions when Liverpool caught us on the counter. Today, that's it.

I bet randy wishes there were 40,000 people like you out there.

He is completely wrong. Bent has been one of our poorer performers in many games, with AM's system possibly to blame. Herd has been mediocre, not a player whose injury excuses anything. Given has been good but exactly what did Guzan do wrong for the goals? Little, if anything. The only one that really may have made a difference was Gabby.

As others have said, in any case, all 4 of those have been available in other terrible performances this season.

I completely disagree.

I bet randy wishes there were 40,000 people like you out there.

Probably.

I'm positive. I'm positive when I shouldn't be.

If everyone was as positive as me then maybe Houllier wouldn't have been hounded as much as he was. Maybe that would have put a bit less pressure on the players, so maybe, just maybe, we'd have got a few more points in games we could have won. Then maybe Houllier could have brought in Cabaye and a few other decent players for cheap.

Just a thought.

We looked better ,as in we had some possession of the ball because once they had their goals they just sat back and waited for our slow as shit attacks then hit us on the counter and should have scored one more than one occasion.

can't believe i have reached this point now but i waould take fat sam over the clueless McLeish... LEAVE NOW AM AND TAKE PF WITH YOU PLEASE!

We didn't even have a shot off targ..oh..

We didn't have a shot on tar---- oh...

We didn't even play 4-4-2----oh

erm....

MCLEISH OUT!

HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BENT, GABBY, GIVEN & HERD DESPITE THEIR RESPECTIVE INJURIES AND BANS!!!!!

lololololololololol

whatever bruv, like your use of the enter key there, very clever. if you are happy with the shambles that has become our club then thats your lookout.

AM/PF/RL out

He is completely wrong. Bent has been one of our poorer performers in many games, with AM's system possibly to blame. Herd has been mediocre, not a player whose injury excuses anything. Given has been good but exactly what did Guzan do wrong for the goals? Little, if anything. The only one that really may have made a difference was Gabby.

As others have said, in any case, all 4 of those have been available in other terrible performances this season.

That sounds like a comment from someone who just wants to join in with the McLeish bashing and not from someone who has actually watched us play this year.

Have you watched us this year?

Within his first game, Given looked like he was going to save us a bucketload of points. Guzan hasn't been bad, but Given is better. Given might have organised his defence better or got a hand to Liverpool's shots.

Herd has been excellent in the games he's played in. He never stops running, he's been 10 times better than Delph defensively and he is actually a decent attacking threat with his heading ability.

Bent has been poor, but he still has the ability to nick a goal, even if he hasn't shown that in his last few games.

If everyone was as positive as me then maybe Houllier wouldn't have been hounded as much as he was. Maybe that would have put a bit less pressure on the players, so maybe, just maybe, we'd have got a few more points in games we could have won. Then maybe Houllier could have brought in Cabaye and a few other decent players for cheap.

Are you blaming negative fans for houlliers health problems?

And it's pure speculation that we'd actually be any better had he stayed and while cabaye may have joined it was equally likely gabby would have left.

Not really sure what your point is?

whatever bruv, like your use of the enter key there, very clever. if you are happy with the shambles that has become our club then thats your lookout.

AM/PF/RL out

Cheers bruv. I like your use of capital letters :thumb:

I don't recall saying I was happy with anything. I just don't think a 2-0 loss to Liverpool, where we were undone by 2 set-pieces and had 4 first teamers unavailable, is going to lower my opinion of McLeish. It's definatly not going to make Me want us to appoint Big Sam :lol:

My 'lookout'? I don't know what that means, but okay.

We had players out, but we have better players than some of the teams in the PL on the pitch today and still were woeful when the others would have put up a fight and had some idea of how to win the game or at least score.

We haven't got any tactics, or in fact, any clue. This comes from the manager first and foremost. The players should take the blame as well but being served this week after week is completely unacceptable.

Just watched mcleish interview. do they just play the same interview from previous games because he says the same every game ' we will work on the defensive side on the training ground' how many times does he say this and now i just dont believe him.

his been here 5-6 months im very worried that after that long defenders still dont know what there doing. i look forward to the arsenal game interview for ' we will practice on the training ground' and 'we didnt take our chances'.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2551733,00.html

Same shit different week.

The boss was happy with the effort shown in the first half but frustrated with the sloppiness after the break.

It wouldn't be a pathetic McLeish excuse intervie without saying "We need to address it", or mention the training ground:

It's something we have got to address.

"On the training ground and in the last few games they seemed happy and okay but I need to look at that very closely, starting tomorrow."

:|

Â