The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who just keep droning on about 2 relegations

Equally there are those that tend to dismiss it and use the 9th place as some kind of guideline when just recently last season infact he relegated them.

Agreed.

But you don't need to look at his record to know he is a poor manager. You need to watch his teams. Two decent performances at home against possibly the worst two teams in the league and 5, for the most part, scraped draws where we probably deserved less. Very little entertainment or creativity. He just can't sort out a front 6 and today's selection of Heskey at RW illustrates this. He also must have been blind to not recognise that we needed a strong DCM'er in the summer - he went and bought in Hutton and Jenas and ignored this glaring gap!

I have no overall gripe with Mcleish - mine is with an owner who wanted a cheap Manager for a cheap approach - but I have to say there are too many games where the only thing we have is defensive stability - the other stuff is good when it fires but htat is too rare.

The single biggest thing missing is Passion, followed by creativity.

he can do a litttle about the latter, but should be able to generate the former, and doesn't appear able.

On another thread someone joked about Keegan as his Number 2 - that ought to do it !

Just back form the game today and unlike last season this was not a shameful display. For the first 15 minutes we were the better side and really took the game to them. There is simply no doubt about it though this is an excellent Man City side now that has moved up another gear this season has shown for me when they battered a very good Spurs side a few weeks ago. What I liked though was that even at 3 down we kept plugging away and for me deservedly got a goal and became the first side to score at their place since last season.

The football also wasn't bad.

This season Man Utd, Man City and possibly Chelsea are head and shoulders above anyone else so no shame that we lost to them and the manner of the defeat was acceptable in that we always kept going.

Lets now see how McLeish does at getting us to bounce back against the baggies.

Club honours

Motherwell 1994–1998

Scottish Premier Division runners-up (1): 1994–95

Hibernian 1998–2001

Scottish First Division winners (1): 1998–99

Scottish Cup runners-up (1): 2001

Rangers 2001–2006

Scottish Premier League winners (2): 2002–03, 2004–05

Scottish Premier League runners-up (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

Scottish Cup winners (2): 2002, 2003

Scottish League Cup winners (3): 2002, 2003, 2005

Birmingham City 2007–2011

Football League Championship runners-up (1): 2008–09

Football League Cup winners (1): 2010-11

Throw in a few relegations and a shite season with Rangers and it seems to me his record is a bit hit and miss not poor.

...............edit............grrr..............fucvkin plastic city.........

Alex McLeish winning % in Premier League; 108 matches 28 Wins = 25,9 %

Must be one of the lowest.

+ Villa and Blues have been investing little more than the very smallest ones.

++ BORING SHIT THAT HE PLAYS

People who just keep droning on about 2 relegations

Equally there are those that tend to dismiss it and use the 9th place as some kind of guideline when just recently last season infact he relegated them.

Yes, and in the same season he won the League Cup, so his record is mixed.

This is such a simple and easy concept to grasp, it astounds me beyond words that, pages and pages of pointless argument later, the issue is still being debated.

Just back form the game today and unlike last season this was not a shameful display. For the first 15 minutes we were the better side and really took the game to them. There is simply no doubt about it though this is an excellent Man City side now that has moved up another gear this season has shown for me when they battered a very good Spurs side a few weeks ago. What I liked though was that even at 3 down we kept plugging away and for me deservedly got a goal and became the first side to score at their place since last season.

The football also wasn't bad.

This season Man Utd, Man City and possibly Chelsea are head and shoulders above anyone else so no shame that we lost to them and the manner of the defeat was acceptable in that we always kept going.

Lets now see how McLeish does at getting us to bounce back against the baggies.

Well said and just wish some others could be as realistic.

record is mixed.

It really isn't.. Winning one cup doesn't balance 2 relegations.

Probably not. Giving a piss poor small club their first major trophy and their highest league placing in donkeys years certainly does though. He also brought them straight back up from one of the relegations lets not forget and it was a relegation he was certainly not solely responsible for.

Did I want McLeish? did I ****. Not even in my top 20 but so far he has done OK and has at least got some hard work,desire and pride back into the players.

He also brought them straight back up from one of the relegations lets not forget and it was a relegation he was certainly not solely responsible for.

He had a decent squad after they got relegated (for a championship level anyway) so had to get them up or else he'll be a failure at that aswell. Whilst he wasn't solely responsible as a manager he is the major reason why they went down as his rubbish tactics weren't working because he is a limited manager.

I am not going round the loop on this again, it is obvious some are determined to take positives from a 4-1 drubbin, whilst others (myself included) will not, so whats the point.

All I will say is that this is like watching blues with better players. If that satisfys people, the so be it, to me, its downright depresssing.

record is mixed.

No one claimed it did, of course.

As mentioned before, I can't believe what hard work this thread has become.

Reluctant as I am to allow people to talk complete bollocks without being challenged, I really do think this thread is now best left to the people who do want to talk complete bollocks about McLeish with each other

record is mixed.

No one claimed it did, of course.

As mentioned before, I can't believe what hard work this thread has become.

Reluctant as I am to allow people to talk complete bollocks without being challenged, I really do think this thread is now best left to the people who do want to talk complete bollocks about McLeish with each other

Agree, let us know what you want us to say and think and we will do it. Best not have differing opinions.

Â