The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Some people don't like him and probably never will cos he managed Blues, others dislike him cos of the bandwagon that's subsequently been built up by the aforementioned people (who don't like him cos he managed the blues) who are hell bent on trying to convince everyone else that they also should not give him a chance.

:thumb:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The marker is where you are in the table after you have played the other 19 teams twice.

So why are many VTers 7 months premature? :winkold:

There's also a good reason we have time to talk through the season. We don't all just hold our breath until season end.

Some people need a reality check. We're pretty average at the moment but thats nowt to do with McCleish.

How can you be the manager of something yet not responsible? So why are we paying him 2m a year? How come Pardew is doing a better job with a worse squad, playing good football? We even got outplayed by Wigan in a footballing sense. The fact their whole team cost 9.75 doesnt help their case.

The question is, is McLeish getting the maximum out of this squad? To me, no way.

Our two wins out of an easy start, Blackburn and Wigan who sit 19th and 18th in the premier league respectively. I said after the Wigan game that one swallow does not make a summer and people should not go over the top based on that win. Seem some have but I am sure reality will hit after Saturday, although I fancy Given to have an absolute blinder!

Making things up again, are we? We weren't even close to being outplayed by Wigan. We won very comfortably, and thought they weren't any good and probably will get relegated this season it was still adecent win.

And I agree with those who don't think city will be the big test. If we win, great, but we'll still not look at ourselves as title contenders. A draw and we've done it very good, but it would still be surprise. Lose and things are as expected. I only hope for us to give our all and just not let them run away with 4 or 5 or more.

Ah busted, your right, I made up the £9.75 inspector gadget......i confess.

The rest I stand by. We should have been dominant, but there was a strong penalty shout and other chances where they opened us up with their movement.

How can you be the manager of something yet not responsible?

...because hes been here 5 minutes and we lost 2 of our best players in the summer. What do people expect?! Actually...what is he even responsible for?!?! because im struggling here, help me out. And before you go on about the negative tactics blah blah blah we were playing like that a LONG time before McCleish was manager. I said it earlier....weve played shit football for years now - even when we had the likes of Young Milner and Downing we only saw good football in flashes - to suddenly place all of that on McCleishs' doorstep is just ridiculous.

Stu I want to come and work for you. Apparently managers are not responsible for their charges?

McLeish has been here for nearly 4 months, not 5 minutes and you are telling me he didnt know that Young was going/gone before he took the job?

I am happy to take it on the chin, I dont like McLeish and the sooner he goes the better for Aston Villa in my mind. You guys though just trot out excuse after excuse, when does it stop?

Ah busted, your right, I made up the £9.75 inspector gadget......i confess.

The rest I stand by. We should have been dominant, but there was a strong penalty shout and other chances where they opened us up with their movement.

Just can't see how anyone can claim we didn't dominate that game, and keep a straight face. We were comfortably in charge throughout.

Some people need a reality check. We're pretty average at the moment but thats nowt to do with McCleish.

How can you be the manager of something yet not responsible? So why are we paying him 2m a year? How come Pardew is doing a better job with a worse squad, playing good football? We even got outplayed by Wigan in a footballing sense. The fact their whole team cost 9.75 doesnt help their case.

The question is, is McLeish getting the maximum out of this squad? To me, no way.

Our two wins out of an easy start, Blackburn and Wigan who sit 19th and 18th in the premier league respectively. I said after the Wigan game that one swallow does not make a summer and people should not go over the top based on that win. Seem some have but I am sure reality will hit after Saturday, although I fancy Given to have an absolute blinder!

Is McLeish on the pitch? No

Did you watch the QPR game? If so, surely you notice McLeish giving out rollocking left, right and centre because the team were not doing as instructed.

Newcastle flying high? The sun even shines on a dog's ass some days.

Did you expect anything other than a loss at Man City? If you did then your deluded.

You do know we are still undefeated?

I dont believe there are any easy games in the league.

For me, you dislike McLeish for whatever reason and are using the smallest of things to jump on his back.

Cant win an argument, trot out the deluded line..................

We had our easiest start of the season for years, we should be bloody defeated and then some.

I dont need to jump on his back, he will show his lack of nous over the course of this season. The only reason I bothered to post was due to the regular "rapture" outbreak a couple of pages back. Its almost self perpetuating, somebody decides there is something good about McLeish and then the same old names get happy clappy.

Its funny how those same names are those who are prepared to accept mid table obscurity as thats "what we are" but Newcastle playing compact football is a one off eh? I dont know where they will end up, frankly I dont really care, but what is impressive is that they are trying to play the game the right way.

I don't even know why there's still a debate on this.

Some people don't like him and probably never will cos he managed Blues, others dislike him cos of the bandwagon that's subsequently been built up by the aforementioned people (who don't like him cos he managed the blues) who are hell bent on trying to convince everyone else that they also should not give him a chance.

If these people had their way no-one would be at Villa Park on a matchday and the club would cease to exist pretty quickly so why don't we just ignore them, surely it's easier than debating with them?

The way I see it we look pretty solid and over the last 135 minutes of football we've started to play some decent stuff (which i expect to firmly end tomorrow unfortunately). We have a new manager with new ideas, if what we've seen over the past 1.5 games equates to something nearer to AMc's masterplan then I am happy.

Wow, how wide of the mark can you be?

Tactically limited, dour and uninspiring with an average managerial record.

I couldnt give a crap who he managed before, or indeed manages after, I just want him out of the villa.

If these people had their way no-one would be at Villa Park on a matchday and the club would cease to exist pretty quickly so why don't we just ignore them, surely it's easier than debating with them?

The way I see it we look pretty solid and over the last 135 minutes of football we've started to play some decent stuff (which i expect to firmly end tomorrow unfortunately). We have a new manager with new ideas, if what we've seen over the past 1.5 games equates to something nearer to AMc's masterplan then I am happy.

I couldnt give a crap who he managed before, or indeed manages after, I just want him out of the villa.

For someone who speaks a lot about 'trouting the same lines', you seem to be doing the same with this 'tactically limited' stuff. Care to explain why he's such a bad manager? For what it's worth, I still think you'd be having a moan should someone with an 'excellent managerial record', who was absolutely exiting got off to a similar start to AM.

Did you watch the QPR game? If so, surely you notice McLeish giving out rollocking left, right and centre because the team were not doing as instructed.

Did you expect anything other than a loss at Man City? If you did then your deluded.

For me, you dislike McLeish for whatever reason and are using the smallest of things to jump on his back.

We had our easiest start of the season for years, we should be bloody defeated and then some.

I dont need to jump on his back, he will show his lack of nous over the course of this season. The only reason I bothered to post was due to the regular "rapture" outbreak a couple of pages back. Its almost self perpetuating, somebody decides there is something good about McLeish and then the same old names get happy clappy.

Its funny how those same names are those who are prepared to accept mid table obscurity as thats "what we are" but Newcastle playing compact football is a one off eh? I dont know where they will end up, frankly I dont really care, but what is impressive is that they are trying to play the game the right way.

Why do you label us 'happy clappy' because we refuse to codemn a manager who has took charge of 7 league games? :?

I just cant see what there is to critisise at the moment? :?

For someone who speaks a lot about 'trouting the same lines', you seem to be doing the same with this 'tactically limited' stuff. Care to explain why he's such a bad manager? For what it's worth, I still think you'd be having a moan should someone with an 'excellent managerial record', who was absolutely exiting got off to a similar start to AM.

So stating the fact he is tactically limited, dour and uninspiring with an average managerial record is not enough for you to understand why I think he is a bad manager?

Our forward play is lacking cohesion, we are being bailed out by a Gabby who is frankly inspired at the moment. Take that away, we would arguably not won yet. Our midfield is porous and our lack of discipline in either pressing higher up the pitch or dropping back to two lines of four will cost us against better teams. Credit where its due, the defence is back to where it was with MON, but still looks susceptible to movement (i.e. we are not keeping clean sheets).

I could go on, but hopefully that gives you some idea of my thoughts.

And why would I complain about a good manager? If we had one, and a direction, I would be happy.

'trouting the same lines'

Yeah, it's ridiculous. At least use a kipper for a change.

I hope this is going to be the sole use of a fish pun in this thread and people don't start trawling the net for them again.

Why do you label us 'happy clappy' because we refuse to codemn a manager who has took charge of 7 league games? :?

I just cant see what there is to critisise at the moment? :?

Then good for you mate, seriously. I am glad some are happy, although I am not sure what exactly they are happy about. Not being beaten by the sounds of it.

I hope this is going to be the sole use of a fish pun in this thread and people don't start trawling the net for them again.

I hate it when people carp on, I think we should stickleback to the point and not treat McLeish as if he is some sort of cod.

Our forward play is lacking cohesion, we are being bailed out by a Gabby who is frankly inspired at the moment. Take that away, we would arguably not won yet.

Not exactly. Our last 2 games (well, 1.5) our attack looked quite poised. And Gabby wasn't even playing for half of our win against Blackburn. I get what you're trying to say, our manager is sort of average, and you'd like what appears to be a world beater. Frankly, I don't see how we'd ever attract one, but it's silly to knock people who are content with what we have at the moment.

The James Milner fish pun thread...happy day's! :D

Â