GTA 5

Genie

http://uk.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto-v/videos/ask-gamespot-will-gta-v-make-me-forget-about-next-gen-6408236'>Yes, that is a man..

You need to watch this (10 mins) if you have any kind of interest in GTA 5.

If you don't have the time I'll try and bullet point a few things that came up.

- The map (land mass) is 3.5x larger than the one in Red Dead Redemption

- If you take into consideration the new underwater exploration areas, you're talking 5x bigger than Red Dead Redemption

- The total map size is BIGGER than RDR/ GTA 4 & GTA San Andreas COMBINED - lots to explore!!!

- You can mod cars & characters, but you can only personalise the 3 story characters, not make up your own characters.  Tattoos, haircuts, clothes etc.

- Hard lock mode (from Max Payne) This helps disabled gamers lock on to people to shoot etc :)

- When character switching, it takes 5 seconds roughly, and zooms out from where that character is stood, and zooms back into where the new, chosen character is (stylish!)

- Still no release date, if any, for PC.. Shame IMO (even though I'm only a PS3 user)

- All of the footage seen so far is from XBOX/PS3's, no PC footage exists yet! - Lookin' good!

- It's been in development since 2008, specifically for both the XBOX/PS3, so this is Rockstars swansong to this generation of consoles, the reviewers say it looks great, with 1 or 2 slightly noticeable 'pop-in's' every now and again.. 

But in the vid, there are new clips/Pics and a better explanation than I have :)

Edited by lapal_fan

Modding cars in GTA has got to be one of the most pointless things ever. So, you'd steal a (presumably) fast car, and spend some $$$ putting body kits or whatever on it. Then you'd rag it off the edge of a cliff within about 5 minutes of having done that, and destroy the thing. At least, that's what would happen to me.

I do remember once starting a playthrough of GTA 3 where I tried to drive properly, not crashing in to anything, or running people over, and obeying traffic lights. It lasted about 10 minutes, which included the first mission driving 8 Ball from the bridge at the start. It's just impossible to not drive like a loon.

Edited by hogso

Maybe if the map is as good and stylised and as full as life as the developers say it is, much like red dead, there won't be a need to rush everywhere.. I know on red dead, I never skipped a journey or fast travelled anywhere, because it was so gorgeous.

I know it will almost definitely not be like that, but modding may come in useful for getting rid of wanted levels or missions etc.

And although I'm like you and don't really ever mod a car, there must be a fairly large demand for it to be included?

The one thing I wish they'd put into GTA is fuel meters, I think it'd be great doing a mission, jacking a car and having the 'OH SH*T' when the red lights on. haha

It would be a tiny mechanic, but I think it'd be great fun, just another thing to think about and it may make petrol/gas stations USEABLE! :) 

Ehhh, maybe. A really sad part of me thinks that it would allow a nice side job in-game; driving trucks and delivering cargo. Keeping an eye on the fuel and filling up when needs be, stopping at mom n pop road side diners for pancakes, kipping at the side of the road in the truck and fending off would be thieves. That'd be 'fun'. You could kind of do that in GTA SA, but it was a bit rubbish. It'd be alot better if the journeys were more massive, which the larger map would allow.

Just driving around in general with a fuel meter, though? Man, I'd hate to think what the people who disliked the phone calls from friends/taking girlfriends out/having to eat would have to say about that.

Oh boy I hope they have driveable trains again. Have they got driveable trains again? I loved driving the train too fast in SA so it went off the tracks :clap:

90/100 the car's would have loads of fuel. In my head if you filled up a car, it would last hours in real time.  I can't think of anything worse of having to fill up more than maybe once or twice in real-time, per day.  I just think for the sake of a few missions, when you're stealing a car or even pre-planning a new mission, popping to the gas station would be novel, you wouldn't have to get out the car or anything maybe, maybe just drive through it or something, not really thought too much about it, just thought it would be a cool little idea to give you more to think about!  

I too want trains again! CHOO CHOO! 

I didn't know you could drive trains in San Andreas.

I feel like my youth was wasted.

:o

Man, you need to pick it up again, just so you can do it. Great fun. You did it just like you'd steal a car, approach the front cab and hit triangle. You'd have to hang around at the station for one to stop first, like. You could do missions too, where you'd get in, start it up, and a timer would start for you to get to the next station. You'd have to judge your speed as you approach so you stopped in the target area, and then move on to the next place.

But as I said, just driving it way too fast and making it fly off the tracks was the best :D

nah, just choppers in gta4, they said the map wasn't big enough to justify planes.

I always thought so, didn't stop me trying for hours on end though :mellow: , running around the runway being chased by security guards, getting myself in to all sorts of bother :)

I went everywhere on a BMX.

I'll see if I can hunt out San Andreas. Was it in that game you took a plane out to Liberty City for a mission? I'd love for something like that to happen in GTAV. A wee trip to Vice City.

I think so, yeah. If memory serves, you went back to GTA 3, the first island and it was snowing? I think.

Maybe if the map is as good and stylised and as full as life as the developers say it is, much like red dead, there won't be a need to rush everywhere.. I know on red dead, I never skipped a journey or fast travelled anywhere, because it was so gorgeous.

Whilst I get what you're saying, it's much more fun to go flying down a street, take out a few pedestrians then send your car barreling through the sky in a wrecked mess than it is to stop at traffic lights.

Don't want a real life simulator, I think some of the ideas would be worth putting in as side missions though.

Edited by Rino8

I went everywhere on a BMX.

I'll see if I can hunt out San Andreas. Was it in that game you took a plane out to Liberty City for a mission? I'd love for something like that to happen in GTAV. A wee trip to Vice City.

I think so, yeah. If memory serves, you went back to GTA 3, the first island and it was snowing? I think.
Indeed it was, you got to meet Claude Speed as well. Love San Andreas, playing through it at the mo on 360. Looks dog rough but still insanely fun.

Oh and it still isn't September? Hurry up time! I'm itching for V.

Edited by Ingram85

Whilst I get what you're saying, it's much more fun to go flying down a street, take out a few pedestrians then send your car barreling through the sky in a wrecked mess than it is to stop at traffic lights.

Don't want a real life simulator, I think some of the ideas would be worth putting in as side missions though.

Oh yea I don't want to drive sensibly in GTA - I have enough trouble doing that in real life :lol:

I was talking about the modding to the cars and that if it is time consuming there are people out there that will look after them etc.  Especially if you can save cars in the garages of your real estate like on San Andreas.

I don't think I've ever modded a car in GTA though, just running around, acting like a word removed to EVERYONE is more fun to me :)

Have any of you watched the video I posted above?

If not, click below: 

Yes, that is a man..

I like the fact that 'her' co-presenter can barely fathom looking at her for more than 0.5 seconds, whereas she looks at him when he's reading constantly :lol:

To be fair, she's been at Gamespot for a long time now, I actually feel for her when you read the comments section

Â