Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Don't forget guys our owners think this guy is the man to take us forward.

Not qutie right, he thinks he's the man to lower expectations, and the man who will quite happily try and make do by doing things on the cheap.

Exit stratgey, anyone?

Why should we lower expectations? We are Aston Villa

:evil:

Is it better now or were we better under doug (i never thought i would say that!)

Sorry, Petrov's been alright for me but Delph is having a nightmare. We need to hang onto the ball and stop playing long balls as soon as we get it. We are giving them way too much space.

I'm usually one to find positives but apart from Bannan who has been tidy, they have all been terrible, including Bent who's first touch goes further than a Jean Makoun pass!

Yeah, much prefer to watch Petrov sat in his comfort zone of a 10 yard circle whilst the rest of the midfield have to work around him.

Petrov is awful, the midfield as a unit, awful. One pass, two pass, lump it forward. Every time. Not interplay as there is no movement, no idea how to progress the play forward apart from lumping it.

I think McLeish just buys attackers and expects them to turn up and do their stuff. Is there actually any coaching going on at the club?

To be honest with you lads, we would have been better off sticking with Gary Mac, and only god knows why Hughes wasn't contacted. Oh well, we have to get behind the team regardless, we'll only make it worse if we tyurn on them!

££££££££

I've never seen anything in Delph anyway. Bring on Clark and allow Bannan to play the role Delph has been brought in for.

Have Clark holding and have Bannan and Ireland (may as well give him a go) further up in the middle. Tak off Delph and Petrov

Id go with that idea.

Doubt there will be any changes at all though

This has probably been the worst half of football I have seen from Villa in the last 5 years. Absolutely shocking half. How Everton arent 4-0 up..

Weve played much MUCH worse than this in the past 5 years

Petrov is absolutely woeful.

Have we though? If Everton had a decent striker, we would be at least 4 down. Not one of them out there looks like they want to even be wearing the shirt.

Its a poor performance but ive seen worse.

We may as well take Nzogbia off and throw a man upfront if we carry on giving the ball away, at least we'll be able to throw some balls up to the front men.

I've never seen anything in Delph anyway. Bring on Clark and allow Bannan to play the role Delph has been brought in for.

We are simply bringing players in with no effect on the team.

something is seriously wrong at the club. we seem to either be buying the wrong players or can't fit them in and develop them.There appear to be too many players just not good enough.

Blimey, even Tony Pulis can get effect from the players he has signed....look how they have developed in 3 years.Not ManU granted but a serious improvement.