• McLeish
    • Houllier

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bluenose?

For **** sake.

By all means, slate him because he's a shit manager (if that's your view which is fair enough) but stop being so childish. Makes people look ridiculous and about 10.

Its importat because thats the standard of club he should be managing...

What do we have here then? Mcleish apologists receiving a reality check...

...Houllier undoubtedly a better manager.

No mate. They're both shit. Appointed by an equally clueless idiot who has a history of making poor appointments according to the Browns fans.

Both Houllier and McLeish are shit managers for Aston Villa. One significant difference between the two, Houllier was allowed to spend some cash, thank God McLeish wasn't.

McLeish just on talkshite bigging up Warnock and Albrighton and saying we had lots of chances.........?????????? Was he watching the same game, I dont think the players will be getting a bollocking tonight!!

If he sees positives in this game (which he did say) we are in for a very boring season of football.

Now I have calmed down I have decided to give Mcleish the benefit of my doubt, but this type of football cannot carry on surely. We have not played winning football yet!

The thing with Houllier is that you could see progression..Just in a short space of time you could see the training was having an impact on the players(those willing to get on). Just by the passing they were making..OK it wasnt world class, but it was still very early days..Bannan, Albrighton, Reo Coker etc, they were all looking up and using vision and movement..There was no useless balls just lobbed forward, it all had to have a purpose.. You could see it was hapening in training and this would have been filtered down the club. 2-3 years from now and we could have been a very decent side.

Houllier with Mcleish as defensive coach..

I reckon in fact that Mcleish is the polar opposite of Houllier. He is surely his anti-matter version?! as we are clearly devoid of creativity, imagination & flair though with a more sturdy defence than under GH who's ethos was totally the opposite with his aim being intelligent cultured football full of creativity & flair.. shame he never got to finish what he started so i guess we'll never know what he would have acheived this season with a pre-season & some more of his signings & time to replace the defence with his style of player.

Combine the 2 however & you have a great manager.. Solid AMC defence with GH's creativeness & craft.

Of the 2 i would prefer GH as frankly i cannot stand watching the boring, dull & uncreative rubbish we are currently witnessing.. Ok it may get lots of draws but football is a spectator sport so whats the point if it's boring to watch?

The thing which scares me is it appears from an earlier post as though we have been creating less shots per game than any other side in the division? Well the thing is thats against some of the lesser teams :shock:.

We have just lost at home to one of the most out of form sides in the Premiership in the only "cup" competition we realistically had any chance of going very far in & we could hardly muster a shot on target! :? I would have preferred to watch GH's Villa at least give it a go & show some creativity against such a poor side as Bolton & then if we'd lost at least i couldve watched a decent game. As it was it was like watching paint dry & we lost anyhow! & as for all the " we had lots of injuries" excuses well if RL hadn't sold an entire team including our 2 best players well maybe those injuries wouldn't have been such an issue?!

We are s**t & i hate to say that but we just are. Poor to average sides are totally outplaying us at home & thats very worrying indeed. I wasn't really "anti- McCleish" either as i thought he would have the players here to be more attack minded but it appears he just cannot help himself with this dire mind numbingly tedious stuff we have the misfortune to be witnessing.

Lets hope this was a case of "we don't wanna be in this competition this year" rather than we were actually that inferior to an out of sorts Bolton team.

The thing with Houllier is that you could see progression..Just in a short space of time you could see the training was having an impact on the players(those willing to get on). Just by the passing they were making..OK it wasnt world class, but it was still very early days..Bannan, Albrighton, Reo Coker etc, they were all looking up and using vision and movement..There was no useless balls just lobbed forward, it all had to have a purpose.. You could see it was hapening in training and this would have been filtered down the club. 2-3 years from now and we could have been a very decent side.

Completely non related as I don't disagree hugely ..

Why Deschamps? He's doing a really poor job? :?:

Bluenose?

For **** sake.

By all means, slate him because he's a shit manager (if that's your view which is fair enough) but stop being so childish. Makes people look ridiculous and about 10.

Its importat because thats the standard of club he should be managing...

so when Young played for us, you reffered to him as 'The Red!!!' because that's the standard he deserved to play at?

Seems odd....usually you'd just say 'He should be higher/lower than us' rather than calling someone by a nickname of the club.

Maybe we should do it to all our players based on their ability?

Completely non related as I don't disagree hugely ..

Why Deschamps? He's doing a really poor job? :?:

So is Wenger atm...But it dont mean he is a bad manager...Yet he, along with Deschamps will still come good as the season progresses. If we could get Deschamps, it would be a younger, maybe better and a more up date version of Wenger. I remember Wenger coming from Monaco, he bought his vision and style into the British game..French coaching has been pretty top drawer over the last decade and it would be nice if we could get some of that into our club.

1 thing I do agree with.......... We should have gone with a European manager. Even the proverbial King Kenny is struggling with the quality they have in there side!

Has to be young(or seriously up to date with the modern game globally) and well known too..Even Jol, Sven etc, are now struggling with how the game has evolved.

It's funny, when Martinez was looking likely I was hoping he wouldn't get appointed but looking back now I'd have him here in a shot.

Problem with that is that he would try and play football which would mean a squad overhaul and a change in playing style which in turn might mean another transitional season and I'm not sure we have the money for that or the fans would accept it.

These dinosaur managers like Mcleish and King Kenny have had their day, they offer nothing the games has changed. We are already seeing young/coach types managers turning up like AVB at Chelsea and of course Pep at Barca. This is the route we should have gone down...

I could see this vision with Houllier he champions all things modern despite being old...

I could see this with Martinez..(to a lesser extend admittingly)

I can't see it with Mcleish I just don't get the decision to employ him in the first place. What is his vision? What did Randy see in him??

I remember Wenger coming from Monaco, he bought his vision and style into the British game..

I remember him comming from the j-league, where he won 3 or 4 consecutive titles, but sure, he had been in Monaco before that......

Iirc, it was a bit of a shock at Highbury getting in a french manager comming from such a non-entity of a league at the time. But he did sign Bergkamp straight off, which was a massive bonus for the fans, and the club.

I predict that the clowns will be in Hysterics come May.

That was our best team tonight, outplayed and dominated by Bolton Wanderers.

We did not even try, and if we did, then we really are in deep shit.

BTW,

I wonder what the dickhead that is running this club into the ground, thinks, when his arse licker tells him about the empty stadium, and the lack lustre football on show from the fool they hired.

Circus in the town?

Its us.

McLeish's awful management does not automatically make Houllier a good manager!

They are both useless pricks!

And who cares what a few deluded fantasists think they could see happening in their crystal **** balls under GH! It's all guess work and if they ever actually watched football or even understood the basics then they would actually realise that GH was about as revolutionary as Tony Mowbray!

Â