Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

Football is'nt a big spreadsheet

Yet if you believe the board of our football club, it's all about figures.

Which is the most staggering point of all this. Lerner must have his head in his hands that he let AM sign this waste of space

Yet another example of inexplicable hate for a player, early in their Villa career. Waste of space? Was Rooney a waste of space player when he was playing like crap for half of last season? No. We all know there's quality, and we have to persevere with him until he finds his form.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is the most staggering point of all this. Lerner must have his head in his hands that he let AM sign this waste of space

Yet another example of inexplicable hate for a player, early in their Villa career. Waste of space? Was Rooney a waste of space player when he was playing like crap for half of last season? No. We all know there's quality, and we have to persevere with him until he finds his form.

Hate, or pointing out that in the half a dozen games that he's had in a Villa shirt so far he has been terrible and not showing his worth of the £10million spent on him?

Seeing as we sold ALL of our creativity over the summer, we needed to bring in someone who could hit the ground running. N'Zogbia hasn't done that and perhaps more research on a player who could have - rather than a failed target for his previous club - could and should have been made.

Hate, or pointing out that in the half a dozen games that he's had in a Villa shirt so far he has been terrible and not showing his worth of the £10million spent on him?

Seeing as we sold ALL of our creativity over the summer, we needed to bring in someone who could hit the ground running. N'Zogbia hasn't done that and perhaps more research on a player who could have - rather than a failed target for his previous club - could and should have been made.

Calling him a waste of space and 9.5M =/= pointing out he is not showing his worth yet.

Lerner must have his head in his hands that he let AM sign this waste of space

What an absurd comment. There was barely a hint of disagreement when N'Zogbia was signed that he was not the best available option to us to replace one of Young or Downing. Few would have described him as being better than or equal to the players that departed, but he had a very good season last term and was as highly rated as any target within our reach was likely to be. I also believe that whether McLeish was manager or not, anyone else taking on the role would likely have pinpointed the player in the same circumstances.

He has been poor so far, but there's no reason why he will not come good and there were far worse culprits last night.

Yet for 6m quid and around 40k per week in wages we could have signed Jérémy Menez from Roma..

Couple things there...

•Ménez actually went to PSG for £7m.

•PSG have money falling out of their arseholes; had we chucked any money at Ménez they'd have simply chucked more.

Drenthe going into the team with a settled manager and a good set of players, how many players can lay on the assists at Everton? Baines, Osman, Cahill, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov etc. N'Zogbia will come good, but I hope for his sake it's soon.

Couple things there...

•Ménez actually went to PSG for £7m.

•PSG have money falling out of their arseholes; had we chucked any money at Ménez they'd have simply chucked more.

And of course the most important part; why the hell would he choose AVFC in Birmingham over Paris and the newly rich owners down there?

He has also returned "home" to Paris, his hometown sort of.

Lerner must have his head in his hands that he let AM sign this waste of space

What an absurd comment. There was barely a hint of disagreement when N'Zogbia was signed that he was not the best available option to us to replace one of Young or Downing. Few would have described him as being better than or equal to the players that departed, but he had a very good season last term and was as highly rated as any target within our reach was likely to be. I also believe that whether McLeish was manager or not, anyone else taking on the role would likely have pinpointed the player in the same circumstances.

He has been poor so far, but there's no reason why he will not come good and there were far worse culprits last night.

I wasn't referring specifically to last night. My views on the CNZ transfer are well known on here so I dont need to repeat.

The comment is not absurd - It was in reference to the comment about the board talking a prudent numbers game and then sanctioning this deal.

Lets be honest, AMC is not going to get another penny until CNZ pulls his finger out, if ever.

Comparing Wayne Rooney and CNZ would be criminal if it wasn't so funny!

You obviously don't see the point. But I suspect that's intentional. My point is, when a player of known quality isn't playing well, (or in both cases, frankly like crap) you persevere with them until they get their form back. But of course, CNZ never had any quality to begin with as he's a waste of space amirite?

You obviously don't see the point. But I suspect that's intentional. My point is, when a player of known quality isn't playing well, (or in both cases, frankly like crap) you persevere with them until they get their form back. But of course, CNZ never had any quality to begin with as he's a waste of space amirite?

Wayne Rooney is world class and even when he is playing poorly he is still as good as most premier league players. CNZ has displayed flashes of brilliance during his career but believes his own hype rather than looking to continuously improve himself. If you take a longer term view on him then he is distinctly average. It is a bit of a chicken and egg situation and I can only assume that AM picks his teams based on what he sees on the training ground.

In a nutshell, we do not have room to carry anyone whilst they "find their form" - which fuelled my whole annoyance that we spent so much on one player who has a good game every now and then.

Wayne Rooney is world class and even when he is playing poorly he is still as good as most premier league players. CNZ has displayed flashes of brilliance during his career but believes his own hype rather than looking to continuously improve himself. If you take a longer term view on him then he is distinctly average. It is a bit of a chicken and egg situation and I can only assume that AM picks his teams based on what he sees on the training ground.

In a nutshell, we do not have room to carry anyone whilst they "find their form" - which fuelled my whole annoyance that we spent so much on one player who has a good game every now and then.

Wayne Rooney did absolutely nothing in the first few months of last season, but was still started pretty much every game he was available for, to get his form back; because like you said he is world class.

N'Zogbia, while not world class, is still a pretty damn good player. And while we can't afford to wait half a season for him, and endure the kind of crap we're getting now for that long, 6 games is nowhere near enough time yet.

Its not his form - thats how good he is!

So you're honestly saying that the way he's playing now is how he's played for his entire career? This is him? Hard to imagine such a shit player single-handedly keeping a team up, as he did with Wigan last season.

Inexplicable hate, all of our players bar Bent and Given really, get some.

Its not his form - thats how good he is!

So you're honestly saying that the way he's playing now is how he's played for his entire career? This is him? Hard to imagine such a shit player single-handedly keeping a team up, as he did with Wigan last season.

Inexplicable hate, all of our players bar Bent and Given really, get some.

It's quite funny really, if one of our players has 5 or 6 bad games then they're shit. Like Warnock last season, yes he had a terrible start to the season but all of a sudden he was shit. It seems nobody is allowed to have a dip of form without being completely written off.

When Rooney is "crap", he is still miles better than N'Zogbia when he is at his best! That is the difference and your point is totally invalid. Also, everybody knows that Rooney will always come back and perform brilliantly, this has not been proven with Charles. I have high hopes for him, but have to admit the first impression has been very, very poor. One thing is form and new enviroments, but the level he has produced at just screams lack of ability above everything else.

Â