Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I always have this hope deep down he'll be amazing but there is always a part of me hoping he's just average but good enough for Villa so no one takes him from us. I know for a fact if he breaks into the first team fully next season and has a great season he'll be playing for Liverpool or Man City in 2014 without fail.

Just sign him to a 5 year contract and put a massive transfer fee on his head, like 35-40 mill lol, should keep liverpool and other teams away

I can't think of another Premier League team that has as much talent coming through the ranks as we do right now, hopefully Gary will be the jewel in the crown.

Man Utd do.

Tottenham seem to producing a good few too.

Weve got a lot of promise that never actually do anything.

That never do anything? Gardner, Clark, Albrighton & Agbonlahor were in that side. What constitutes doing something? Bannan is a regular full international. Spurs have Livermore, that's about it. I think you're being overly harsh.

I can't think of another Premier League team that has as much talent coming through the ranks as we do right now, hopefully Gary will be the jewel in the crown.

Man Utd do.

Tottenham seem to producing a good few too.

Weve got a lot of promise that never actually do anything.

Spurs hardly ever produce good players. They just act quickly and buy the best young talent available. Bale, Naughton, Walker, Bostock (although he's been cack) for example.

I agree - there is no reason to be gushing over him at this point. Not seen him do anything yet that Craig cant do.

It's hard to compare but I would say he has more fluid movement and better instinctive positioning than his big brother.

Craig was - and remains - a grafter who impresses through his hard work and flashes of brilliance. Gary just looks a more naturally gifted footballer.

Sorry if this counts as "gushing".

Obviously, it can all go pear shaped for him, as it does for so many promising youngsters but he looks the part at just now.

That never do anything? Gardner, Clark, Albrighton & Agbonlahor were in that side. What constitutes doing something? Bannan is a regular full international. Spurs have Livermore, that's about it. I think you're being overly harsh.

Thats fair enough BoF

Of those examples, Gabby is a good example, who has established himself as a good premier league player.

Any villa fan who was 100% honest would admit that hes not an international player, and needs to improve significantly to become a regular for England. You look at Welback at United and he already looks a better player at a much younger age. of course hes in a better team, but that only makes it tougher to stay in the team.

But other than that, (as much as I am behind them), what have any of them done to make people stand up and go WOW. For me they just dont look out of place in a very very average and on occasions woeful team. And while theyl no doubt keep the side stable for years to come, I dont think we have a crop of very good players on our hands. Just more Gabby's!

I agree - there is no reason to be gushing over him at this point. Not seen him do anything yet that Craig cant do.

It's hard to compare but I would say he has more fluid movement and better instinctive positioning than his big brother.

Craig was - and remains - a grafter who impresses through his hard work and flashes of brilliance. Gary just looks a more naturally gifted footballer.

Sorry if this counts as "gushing".

Obviously, it can all go pear shaped for him, as it does for so many promising youngsters but he looks the part at just now.

Craig is a good player but has one serious flaw, a lack of pace. Gary has sufficient pace to make his ability more effective.

Could you imagine this place if Gary had of scored Craigs goal at the weekend.

Meh.

It'd be nothing we didn't expect :winkold:

Gary Gardner will score cracking goals for us, I'm certain of it.

I always have this hope deep down he'll be amazing but there is always a part of me hoping he's just average but good enough for Villa so no one takes him from us. I know for a fact if he breaks into the first team fully next season and has a great season he'll be playing for Liverpool or Man City in 2014 without fail.

Early days in the First team, but i hope he does well.

Liverpool will be lucky to attract any decent players by 2014.

Reckon we will be looking better than them by then.

It truly would have been a nightmare for the naysayers, that's for sure :) They'd have been able to remind us that one goal means nothing though.

It truly would have been a nightmare for the naysayers, that's for sure :) They'd have been able to remind us that one goal means nothing though.

Id have put it down to Frimpong's injury BOF :winkold:

All joking aside. Your statement; tongue in cheek as it is; does show that no matter what happens, there's always an 'out' for someone trying to defend an opinion that they refuse to change. I always get the impression people come on here not to have their opinions challenged, but rather to use the events of the day or week to reinforce their own opinions.

Spot on BOF with the above post. A big tick.

Since when did moaning and negativity - produce a positive result in life as well as in football?

I've just watched the highlights of Villa's reserves thumping Wolves 7 - 1 on AVTV last week. I hadn't realised Gary played in that game mid week as well as making his full debut for the first team on Saturday. He could have had a hat-trick in that game. Scored one and had one shot hit the bar. He's a midfielder but like Ian Taylor, loves to get forward and score goals, in the penalty box and from outside.

Footballers miss chances ALL the time, however the good ones get their heads down and keep going.

Gary along with a number of our youngsters strikes me as being one of those players.

All joking aside. Your statement; tongue in cheek as it is; does show that no matter what happens, there's always an 'out' for someone trying to defend an opinion that they refuse to change. I always get the impression people come on here not to have their opinions challenged, but rather to use the events of the day or week to reinforce their own opinions.

Cant say I disagree with that though I think thats just the competitve nature of:

a) forums

B) football

Liverpool were only able to spend big because they are a selling club that got £50 million in for one player. Why on earth would Gardner go there? They're seventh! Villa will be above them in twelve months time. As for Man Citeh, FFP rules are set to limit the oil men's spending.

I love the doom and gloom of people who clearly rate other clubs far more than our own. The small time attitude stinks. Why on earth shouldn't Villa produce a team of winning local lads and build the club up to back to where it should be? Once the wage bill is sorted, and the aging high earners are off the bill, Villa will be upwardly mobile and back on track again. Get behind the club and believe.

Cant say I disagree with that though I think thats just the competitve nature of:

a) forums

B) football

Yes but what does it say about someone and the competitive nature of their argument within a debate that they have to resort to name calling?

THAT's what does my head in. Why would you EVER need to denegrate a person because you disagree with their point of view? IMHO it only denegrates the person and their point of view who is dishing out the abuse and weakens their argument. It's totally unnecessary but sadly becoming more and more common.

a) forums

B) football

Yes but what does it say about someone and the competitive nature of their argument within a debate that they have to resort to name calling?

THAT's what does my head in. Why would you EVER need to denegrate a person because you disagree with their point of view? IMHO it only denegrates the person and their point of view who is dishing out the abuse and weakens their argument. It's totally unnecessary but sadly becoming more and more common.

Hope this is not aimed at me?? :D

But yes I agree. Though calling each other names is no worse than say calling Mcliesh or Redknapp, or Balotelli for example names. or Dalglish in my case. Or fans of other teams

Its not right, but it happens. We can do our best to stop it, but at the end of the day, we are all guilty of it. Sometimes we dont even know were doing it.

Â