Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Don't see any point in calling him back unless he is going to be involved at some point.
If we were one injury or suspension away from needing him to be in the 1st XI or bench then it would make sense to recall him even if there are no immediate plans to play him.

I do hope he gets some game time though. I've got a feeling in Gardner's case he would seize the oppportunity and do well.

Actually stated further back in the thread my disappointment at Gardner being loaned out in the first place, so it's fantastic to have him back again and available for the game against Stoke. AM simply has to play him now firstly in a midfield two with Petrov and then Petrov's replacement whenever that may come.

Going to be a super player for us. Only worry is that by the end of the season wouldn't be surprised at all if the top six vultures start circling around him.

Actually stated further back in the thread my disappointment at Gardner being loaned out in the first place, so it's fantastic to have him back again and available for the game against Stoke. AM simply has to play him now firstly in a midfield two with Petrov and then Petrov's replacement whenever that may come.

Going to be a super player for us. Only worry is that by the end of the season wouldn't be surprised at all if the top six vultures start circling around him.

It made perfect sense to loan him out - all part of his rehabilitation, he needed games.

ive never seen this kid play, but from what you guys have said, he sounds better than delph and even his brother? i hope he fulfills potential and doesnt burn away like so many young sparks that weve had come through

does anybody know what shirt number he is?

ive never seen this kid play, but from what you guys have said, he sounds better than delph and even his brother? i hope he fulfills potential and doesnt burn away like so many young sparks that weve had come through

does anybody know what shirt number he is?

The great youngsters hit you in the face like a steam train.

If you have to um and ah over them, the likelyhood is they won't make it far.

I remember when I first saw Barry....its was WOW at first sight.

Thats not because I'm a talent spotter, because I'm not its just that the lad was a cert..... same for Gary Shaw.

I remember seeing Shearer and Beckham for the first time..... absolute certs.

can't say that about any of our current crop of youngsters, sorry.

ps ....Could never quite understand the fuss over the Moore Bros.

agree with you tro, you can instantly spot great youngsters, they don't come along often

sad to say, your right.

Thats why i question winning youth cups as a bench mark, when as a team they are great but barely do we get a first teamer of any ilk from them.

When we beat Everton in recent years, Moyes said "you may have the better team" but I have "Wayne Rooney"....He was happy with his hand.

There is only one team in a football club the first team.....all the other teams are there for one purpose only to develop players for that all important team.

If you are a youth team coach and produce no end of youth cups, but produce no players for the first team there lies a heavy question on your worth.

i half agree with you there TRO

a player for me that i thought WOW, is albrighton, this kid impresses me tbh, definitely worth a starting 11 on the wing

Andy, I don't think he is in the category of some of our youth of the past, but I really like this lad for so many reasons.

I would like see this boy in a good settled Villa team like some of the players I have mentioned...i.e Gary shaw was introduced in to a great Villa team.

I feel a bit sorry for him, some how.

and incidentially I think Gabby overall is having a very good season in a personal manner

I thought in the past when Villa were doing ok Gabby was overrated... but ironically Villa are struggling and Gabby's game has matured and become more rounded....He is a much ,much better player.

If we could get a couple of players like Toure & Kompany, we would move up that League and players like Gabby, Albrighton & Bent would be shining.

good post tro, agree with all of it except we wouldn't have a chance of getting kompany, might get toure though

He did say "like". Jesus.

I agree with the premise. I have seen Gardner Jr and I did think "wow". I didn't think the same for Agbonlahor but he has gone on to become an integral part of the club. I did think "wow" with Hendrie and Luke Moore. I didn't rate Cristiano Ronaldo at all for quite a long time. Then again, I was lucky enough to catch an 18 year old Brazilian also by the name of Ronaldo and knew, just knew he was going to be the best I'd ever seen.

I'm no talent spotter either, clearly. But you know sometimes even the talent spotters get it wrong. I think the more football you watch the easier it becomes to spot those raw abilities. But without application those abilities can come to nothing.

Of our current crop it's hard to argue that Bannan, Albrighton and Gardner don't have something. Enough raw ability to become very good footballers. A Wayne Rooney or a David Beckham are so rare that the comparisons are unfair. However a Cleverly or a Ramsey would do us about now I think you'll agree.

Â