Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

he definately has the talent to be a first team regular at Villa.

Under McLeish??

Doubt it

Yes under McLeish, Gary has too much talent to be ignored. If he doesn't get a game for our first team, another Prem team will sign him up.

Also don't forget Petrov is getting older, I think Gardner will be our future captain.

Wasn't his getting the job on the understanding that he used the youth? I'm sure the Randy interview mentioned that.

McLeish's record with youth is utterly terrible hence my doubtfulness.

He has played Bannan, Delph and Herd a few times this season, so I don't see any reason why Gardner will not get his chance.

Scored for Cov today. They lost though.

In other news, Lady Di killed in car accident

:lol:

I thought I'd let somebody else do the honours...

By the way I've looked on Google for highlights but nothing! Surprising really, I thought they showed Championship goals straight away?

I have always been confident of judging the value of a player.... after 40 odd years of watching the game i guess it is to be expected.

Having said that, I wouldn't be anywhere near as confident of knowing when a player is ready to make the step up to first team football.

I would imagine lots of criteria will need to be considered in terms of the player himself and the spirit in the team.

I like most, in isolation, can't wait to see him let loose on the first team, but I guess/hope the coaches know best on this one.

I havn't seen enough of Gary to form any kind of opinion of how good he really is.

I have heard lots of comments that would suggest he is a star of the future... but I heard lots of that about the Moore Bros and Del fonzo before I saw for myself.

I have recently seen some of his goals and been impressed with them and lets face it scoring goals from midfield is a super gift to have.

I must admit what floats my boat from a midfielder is the ability to control the game or have a big influence on controlling the game and that entails guile, Ball control, vision and a determination or winning mentality.

I was around or in my spectating prime when Sid Cowans emerged, I had the priveledge of watching Gareth Barry Making his home debut ( and wow was my rendering comment) I had the opportunity to see a craftsman like Cropley and witnessed the artistry of Houghton & Parker and in contrast watching the control of Townsend & Richardson.

Gary, has the world at his feet... I just hope he goes on to emulate some of the better midfielders we have had in the past.

support is with you, my son.

Just seen his goal on snn

Great run into the box, great determinaton to win the header and a good goal.

I know its really negative but i just can't help feeling like this kid will be at another team when in his prime.

I agree. He'll be in the Villa team as opposed to the Coventry team.

Â