Photography?

trimandson

Huge difference between any "handbag" camera and an SLR. Before you've even seen any results............no shutter lag, after that because of the sizes of the sensors, images will be much better and the improvement in Lens quality as the little fella says even the kit lenses will be a huge improvement. A camera with one do all lens can never be as good as an interchangeable lens system

18-105

the D90 is a very good starter SLR, don't think you need to go much higher than that for a while, it'll be years before you outgrow it.

Its in amazon with a decent (not great but ok) Vibration Reduction zoom 18-105 mm lens for £750 plus £60 quid cashback from Nikon before April!

This year the maker of the world’s first digital camera, Fujifilm, introduced a 3-D digital camera: the FinePix Real 3D W1. The 10-megapixel FinePix has two lenses, set about as far apart as human eyes, which snap shots of an object from slightly different angles. Those images are then combined into one, creating the illusion of depth. Its 3-D images can be viewed — without clumsy 3-D glasses — on the camera’s back LCD screen or displayed in a special digital photo frame.

Fifty Best Inventions of 2009

The-3-D-Camera.jpg

Huge difference between any "handbag" camera and an SLR. Before you've even seen any results............no shutter lag, after that because of the sizes of the sensors, images will be much better and the improvement in Lens quality as the little fella says even the kit lenses will be a huge improvement. A camera with one do all lens can never be as good as an interchangeable lens system

18-105

the D90 is a very good starter SLR, don't think you need to go much higher than that for a while, it'll be years before you outgrow it.

Its in amazon with a decent (not great but ok) Vibration Reduction zoom 18-105 mm lens for £750 plus £60 quid cashback from Nikon before April!

Cheers Bicks (and Damien). Will post the results once I get the new kit. :)

25361_391233375040_49571395040_5513607_7198218_n.jpg

Just found this girl on facebook after so many years... man she has seriously grown up. Her parents and herself, though she was quite young to say the least at the time, used to say she was going to marry me.. now she's all grown up.. man ... I'd have to say yes ha (if I shoot her sometime soon, those who check my blog will see)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so i know very little about photography, but my boss is a serious (i mean serious) photographer

he wants me to sell his lense

where is the best place to sell this

its a Hasselblad 300/4.5 Hc lense

and retails at £ 2500.00

the camera is still good quality, just a little wear on the outside

where can i sell this?

so far i have looked 3 places

robert gray of westminster - bring it in to be examined

robert white - around 800

hassleblad retail - around 1000

anyone know anywhere i can sell this for the value its worth?

no, its second hand. A lens that retails at £2500 being offered £1000 for by a dealer is good value. The dealer will add a mark up but will in all probability (due to the nature of the lens) have to hang onto it for a fair while anyway and that incurs a cost

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Good price and lens?

Someone just asked me what I thought of this - is it a good price / lens - I said I had not got a clue but would ask the experts .................

they were not available so I thought I'd ask you lot - views?

Never heard of it, but this review says, in summary,

Regarding its extremely low price tag you can't really expect a stellar performance from the Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Di macro but from a value perspective it is fairly amazing what it can give you.

Love the way the page you linked shows "accessories" as being the cameras you would need to put it on!

Â