RESERVES : 2011/12 season/stats

BOF

That'll do. 7 unbeaten equals Man Utd & West Brom's best for the season. 5 wins on the trot is one behind West Brom but more importantly we go 6 clear at the top with games running out for the chasing pack.

[table color=#bccde9:f37cd234de][row][mcol][mcol]Aston Villa[mcol]4-0[mcol]Newcastle United[row][col][col]goal.gif 34' Gary Gardner

goal.gif 50' Callum Robinson

goal.gif 55' Andreas Weimann

goal.gif 68' Samir Carruthers[col][col][/table]

Carruthers seems to turn out performance after performance at this level. How far away from the first team would he be?

I know he was involved with the first team on match day a few weeks back - don't think he made the bench but was in contention.

Don't think it will be long for him. In a way, a season long loan to a Championship side (not us!!!) would be ideal for him to gain valuable experience.

Cant remember the last time I had such fun watching a Villa performance. So many players to be proud of and excited about for the future.

Bannan - outstanding - anyone on this site saying he is "championship level at best" should watch that game to see what he is capable of. No doubt Premier is a step up but if we can figure out a way to get the best out of him we have a real player. Best performance I have seen from him.

Gardner - wonderful strike and overall helped boss the game.

Weimann - led the line tremendously hardly ever gave the ball away.

D. Johnson - really like the look of this kid. Always seems to make good decisions and seems as happy attacking as defending.

Baker - Absolutley outstanding last night - has pace Clark is missing and looks really solid in all areas.

Carruthers - Deserved man of match and glad he got his goal. Had the cutting edge that Newcastle never managed to subdue.

Really hope we handle these kids right and they get their chance when the time is right.

That performance was everything the 1st team has been missing. They were closing down with energy, making the key tackles in midfield, keeping possession really well and stringing passes together to cut through Geordies at will.

Need to get all reserve games on AVTV!!!

Carruthers seems to turn out performance after performance at this level. How far away from the first team would he be?

Physically he is a risk, which is often not shown up at reserve level, it is often powder puff and the young skillfull lads have a chance to express themselves. In terms of ability he definitely has a chance and is probably better equipped than a lot of the current first team squad. The third and final part, attitude is where he unfortunately falls down and this might cost him in the long run. Anybody who has been to watch the U18s (in particular) or the reserves and been near the front will probably know what I am talking about.

West Brom face a very tricky task to get back into 2nd place in the Southern section with a home tie against the top side in the Northern section. Wolves and Norwich is another battle of the bottom feeders and there's a tasty Scouse derby on too.

[table color=#bccde9:d28e7ce912][row][mcol]06/03[mcol][mcol][mcol][row][mcol]@19:00[mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[mcol]v[mcol]Norwich City[row][col][col][col][col][row][mcol]@19:00[mcol]West Bromwich Albion[mcol]v[mcol]Manchester United[row][col][col][col][col][row][mcol]@19:00[mcol]Everton[mcol]v[mcol]Liverpool[row][col][col][col][col][/table]

Depending on what we do against Man Utd and what WBA do with their (many) remaining games then yeah I suppose it's definitely likely.

Just watched highlights on AVTV

Even better than I remembered - passing for 2nd goal is very very good.

Didnt realise until I watched it back how well and often Bannan, Gardner and Caurrthers were linking up. Seem to all complement each other well.

Obviously wont get that space in Prem but has to bode well that they know each others games so well.

West Brom not going away. They play Arsenal next though :twisted:

[table color=#bccde9:b50cda483c][row][mcol][mcol]Everton[mcol]0-0[mcol]Liverpool[row][col][col][col][col][row][mcol][mcol]West Bromwich Albion[mcol]1-0[mcol]Manchester United[row][col][col]goal.gif 18' Nicky Shorey[col][col][row][mcol][mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[mcol]3-2[mcol]Norwich City[row][col][col]goal.gif 35' Jake Cassidy

goal.gif 49' Louis Harris

goal.gif 82' Jake Cassidy[col][col]

goal.gif 65' Matt Ball

goal.gif 67' Matt Ball

[/table]