RESERVES : 2011/12 season/stats

BOF

Standard fare from Villa & Weimann today. Making it nigh on impossible for Arsenal to catch us. Only West Brom have any hope now. Next up for us is a very likely reserve final dress rehearsal against Manchester United who also won tonight.

Weimann joins Marcello Trotta as joint top scorer in the southern section with 9 goals. 2 behind the overall top scorer, Sunderland's perennial reserve scorer Ryan Noble.

[table color=#bccde9:f5f805168a][row][mcol]12/03[mcol]Aston Villa[mcol]2-0[mcol]Norwich City[row][col][col]goal.gif 40' Andreas Weimann

goal.gif 70' Andreas Weimann[col][col][/table]

Very happy watching again - they really do play some nice stuff at times.

Bannan - excellent again - his best position really is CM isn't it. Spraying passes and dictating the tempo of the game. Yes in PL he will be a midget against the likes of de Jong and Toure. For a long while I've struggled with where he can fit into the first team. But now I'm sure if he's going to play and we want to see the best of him it has to be CM.

D Johnson - If this kid could shoot he would be a hell of player. Mobility and power is really top drawer and his football brain is excellent also. Always seems to pick right pass, rarely gives it away and seems to find space well.

Samir Carruthers - I think it is too soon for him in first team and it will be interesting to see whether he can cope with physical aspect when he does step up. He does however have great talent, arguably more than the rest of them - seems to create a chance every time he gets a bit of space, links up with Baz very well.

Andy Weimann - ready for first team right now in my opinion I would start him against Bolton in place of Albrighton and play Gabby out wide. Led the line very well again, two terrific finishes.

N Baker - also ready for first team in my opinion - don't think he would let anyone down when required and I think once he gets the experience which is so necessary for PL CB's he could be a great player.

C Cameron - Two fantastic crosses for two goals - nice to see a left footer on left wing able to beat his man on outside. Reminded me a bit of Scott Sinclair in way he runs. In terms of physicality he will run into same problems Albrighton has so it will be down to whether he is able to adapt to get over that.

Bannan - excellent again - his best position really is CM isn't it. Spraying passes and dictating the tempo of the game. Yes in PL he will be a midget against the likes of de Jong and Toure. For a long while I've struggled with where he can fit into the first team. But now I'm sure if he's going to play and we want to see the best of him it has to be CM.

I agree but he needs an enforcer alongside him (as would Delph, Gardner and Makoun) if they played in there. That is definitely not Stan IMO. Could be Herd longer term but I would prefer another option as well. I always like Mulumbu at the Boggies although I haven't seen enough of him this season to say whether he has continued his form.

[table color=#bccde9:5230ea3ce4][row][mcol]13/03[mcol]Fulham[mcol]1-1[mcol]Swansea City[row][col][col]

goal.gif 65' Kerim Frei[col][col]goal.gif 10' Casey Thomas

[/table]

Better Leighton never.

[table color=#bccde9:6013bcde59][row][mcol]14/03[mcol]Arsenal[mcol]3-0[mcol]West Bromwich Albion[row][col][col]goal.gif 17' Park Chu-Young

goal.gif 45' Serge Gnabry

goal.gif 55' Chuks Aneke[col][col][/table]

All draws. All good news for Villa. It has given us the luxury of dropping points against United without overly damaging our title chances.

[table color=#bccde9:f630ed10fe][row][mcol]19/03[mcol]Everton[mcol]1-1[mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[row][col][col]goal.gif John Lundstram

[col][col]

goal.gif Jake Kempton[row][mcol]20/03[mcol]Liverpool[mcol]1-1[mcol]Arsenal[row][col][col]goal.gif Raheem Sterling

[col][col]

goal.gif Abou Diaby[row][mcol]20/03[mcol]Wigan Athletic[mcol]2-2[mcol]Norwich City[row][col][col]

goal.gif Jordan Rugg

goal.gif Jordan Rugg

[col][col]goal.gif Jacob Murphy

goal.gif Jamar Loza[row][mcol]20/03[mcol]Newcastle United[mcol]-[mcol]Chelsea[row][col][col]KO @ 7pm[col][col][/table]

Chelsea using Lukaku in the reserves is almost almost as unfair as us using Weimann :smug:

[table color=#bccde9:efa48082fd][row][mcol]20/03[mcol]Newcastle United[mcol]2-4[mcol]Chelsea[row][col][col]

goal.gif 28' Ryan Donaldson

goal.gif 90' Jeff Henderson[col][col]goal.gif 18' Romelu Lukaku

goal.gif 39' Nathaniel Chalobah

goal.gif 55' Billy Clifford

goal.gif 56' Romelu Lukaku

[/table]

[table color=#bccde9:9c355eac2b][row][mcol]21/03[mcol]Sunderland[mcol]1-2[mcol]Fulham[row][col][col]

goal.gif 41' Adam Mitchell

[col][col]goal.gif 29' Josh Pritchard

goal.gif 58' Ryan Williams[/table]

A small manner of the dress-rehearsal for the final this evening...

[table color=#bccde9:cda441979f][row][mcol]22/03[mcol]Wigan Athletic[mcol]1-1[mcol]Everton[row][col][col]

goal.gif 81' Adam Dawson (p)[col][col]goal.gif 7' Jose Baxter

[row][mcol][mcol]Manchester United[mcol]v[mcol]Aston Villa[row][col][col]KO @ 19:00[col][col][/table]