RESERVES : 2011/12 season/stats

BOF

I'm guessing that a number of our regular side are in the first team squad. I suspect we'll get battered here.

VILLA: Seigrist, Nelson-Addy, Donacien, Williams, Stevens, Carruthers, Johnson, Burke, Cameron, Drennan, Taylor. Subs: Caira, Barrett, Ward, Darkin, Barton.

I'm watching MUTV on a stream and the commentators just referred to the next gen series as the champions league for reserves (which it isn't) and said that Manure weren't part of it because they didn't want to be involved... pretty sure it was an invite only tournament?

No surprised what is basically a youth team for us is losing to this strong United side. This side would give our first team a run for its money with Jones, Smalling, Fabio, Lindergard, Pogba, Cleverly all playing.

Yep, pretty much outgunned tonight - we occasionally ply the ball around well enough, but without Weimann, Delfouneso, Gardner and Bannan there isn't much in the way of goal threat and without Baker's height no threat from set pieces.

I wonder about the Saturday squad, if Weimann, Gardner, Bannan and Baker are all in it and Herd and Albrighton already in it, have we got some of our regulars missing?

That will be great experience for those young lads against such a strong United team. Our youngsters gave their all in the second half. Don't think Daniel Johnson will score many better than that in his career. Callum Robinson, Jordan Graham and Jack Grealish all missing too, think they are on international duty.

Not what we wanted, but as VillaRoy says, the kids will get more from this than they would have got from a regular reserve game. Five of United's outfield had fairly vast Premier League experience. Not a single one of ours has ever appeared in the PL.

As long as we use a stronger side in the final, I'm happy enough :)

[table color=#bccde9:c629e52c0e][row][mcol]22/03[mcol]Manchester United[mcol]3-1[mcol]Aston Villa[row][col][col]goal.gif 9' Will Keane

goal.gif 11' Jesse Lingard

goal.gif 59' Chris Smalling[col][col]

goal.gif 49' Daniel Johnson

[/table]

Pointlesshampton Wanderers lose again.

[table color=#bccde9:4fefdd4e19][row][mcol]26/03[mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[mcol]0-2[mcol]Bolton Wanderers[row][col][col][col][col]goal.gif 81' Mark Connolly

goal.gif 85' Oluwasanmi Odelusi[/table]

Fulham are still relevant at this point so we'll be looking for a favour from the 'naries.

Actually the other game is quite interesting too. Everton are currently unbeaten in nine games. That's a reserve league record this season. That despite only being 4th in their league. They're home to the very impressive (and by impressive I mean 'old and experienced') Man Utd who are quite simply sauntering towards the Northern title.

[table color=#bccde9:1846c8dc3a][row][mcol]27/03[mcol]Norwich City[mcol]v[mcol]Fulham[row][col][col]KO @ 15:00[col][col][row][mcol][mcol]Everton[mcol]v[mcol]Manchester United[row][col][col]KO @ 19:00[col][col][/table]

Well Fulham were battering Norwich 5-1 the last I heard. Should be over soon. Plenty of first teamers in the Norwich side I believe. Fulham OTOH were inexperienced. That's a bit embarrassing :)

Fulham remain relevant and Everton's unbeaten run comes to an end at the hands of a typically senior United reserve side.

[table color=#bccde9:0ea941e6f7][row][mcol]27/03[mcol]Norwich City[mcol]1-5[mcol]Fulham[row][col][col]

goal.gif 34' Ryan Bennett

[col][col]goal.gif 8' Rafik Halliche

goal.gif 12' Alex Smith

goal.gif 40' Bjørn Helge Riise

goal.gif 45' Alex Smith

goal.gif 47' Buomesca Tue Na Bangna[row][mcol][mcol]Everton[mcol]1-4[mcol]Manchester United[row][col][col]

goal.gif 90' Chris Long[col][col]goal.gif 2' Will Keane

goal.gif 7' Davide Petrucci

goal.gif 66' Jesse Lingard

goal.gif 70' Davide Petrucci

[/table]