Gym Routine

olboydave

See that's where we differ. I actually don't care how much I can lift. The only reason I progress is because I know that's the way to add muscle.

I chuckle when I see guys struggling to curl 20kg dumbells with atrocious form and I curl my 15's knowing it's doing me a hell of a lot more good than it's doing them

same for me, i completely did my back in a couple of years ago, best part of a year off work and over 12 months away from the gym after going 4 times a week for the 2 years previous (i used to weigh 24stone, in 9 months i was down to a trim 16.5 but have recently gone back up to 19), but lifting heavy weights is all well and good if you can do it properly, the amounts of chavs i see trying to curl a weight thats way above there capabilitys, almost swinging it back and forth and going "aaarrrggghhhh" to impress the girlies.

when i go to the gym its baggy t-shirt and shorts, not supper skinny vest and giving it the **** look how ripped i am look.

Been going to the gym for just over 3 months now my goal is to bulk up add muscle etc. When i first started going i was 9st 8lb at 5ft 7in tall and i am now 11 stones. Strength has also improved a fair bit my DB bench press has gone from 14s to 30s, Shoulder press from 12s to 26kg,

My main problem imo is my diet. I don't calorie count or keep an eye on macro's just eat what i want when i want including too much junk.

Also spent a fortune on supplements which i have discovered later on are not needed like Tribulus, BCAA,s and Weight gain formula's but all i'm on now is Whey and Creatine.

I think there's a place for BCAAs. I don't use them myself but they're widely enough used in the BB community to assume they do have an effect.

Whey and Creatine are a good way to go.

You're clearly eating above maintenance if you've added that much weight (1 stone 6 in 3 months is decent gains!). I guess the question is, is that all muscle or have you added some fat along the way?

Once you start to cut, or move out of the "newbie phase" is when you'll have to dial in your diet a bit more.

Re- biceps. I put the weight up. I did one arm at a time i.e. 10 with the left, then 10 with the right etc etc as opposed to alternating. I also did more sets. I got the feel I expected to get so I'm happy enough with that. We'll see how it goes.

Some imbecile actually got close enough to knock against me in the squat rack today, in the middle of a work set. Then when I pointed out that he shouldn't do that, he looked shocked that it mattered and said "Alright then, mate". How he's made it past 30 without someone caving his hollow skull in is a mystery.

**** arse hole, I can't wait until I've got enough room for a home gym.

This should probably go it the piss you off thread but I'm here now so this'll do.

:D

They've recently reshuffled my gym. At one point they had all the free weights and benches running down the middle of the gym. It looked a bit weird, but it meant you had loads of space.

Then they swapped it and put all the free weights down one endin this little corner. It made it much more cramped and easy to be working out too close to someone.

THEN they shoved the squat rack into the same space. So now there's 4 benches for free weights, and a squat rack, in a space no bigger than about 5 metres by 4 metres, if that.

It's ridiculous. Can't wait till I leave that shite gym.

I need to get me some Pendlays. I have a naturally strong back but I probably don't do enough free weight work to build it.

Had a top session myself tonight, the world seems a little brighter after you've smashed it in the gym don't you think?

I'm working away next week but I want to keep up with my training. can't take any weights, no gym within distance. Planning on doing some fitness work running and on the bike, but aside from press ups and pull ups I'm stuck as to what I can do strength wise to keep going? I've made breakthroughs recently and I don't want to lose the impetus.

Ideas lads?

Still stuck on 130kg deads :angry:

But managed 4 reps again this week compared to one last week so hopefully I'll make a step up next week.

Need a new routine. At the moment I do all my big compound lifts on one day (Squats, Clean and press, Deads, front squats) and it's exhausting. Not sure how I ended up with them on the same day but I did, and it just means whatever I do last suffers because I'm worn out from the others.

So need to work on that. I'll start a new routine when I start my bulk in a couple of weeks.

Down to 16.2% bodyfat now though. Good progress!

Â