Gym Routine

olboydave

That was 50mins cross trainer work at the end, was around 80 minutes for the weights and stuff so 2 hours roughly.

The leg press and chins were super setted with each other, roughly 45sec rest between warm-up and down sets, 60-90sec rest between working sets on squats and overheads.

Wendlers 5/3/1

Explains it better than I can. Has you working at 80% of your max, then 90, then 95 in increments.

You need to work out your 1rep max using this Strength Standards link and then follow the routine it gives you.

It is mainly for Strength gains, which is my goal.

Well the idea is that it's a 4 week cycle by the looks. Week 1 is 85% (5 reps), week 2 is 90% (3 reps), week 3 is 95% (1+reps) and week 4 is a recovery/endurance week. Then it goes up 5kg per 'cycle' after that methinks. I'll do the first 4 weeks, note how many reps I do on my 95% 1+ set and work out my new 1 rep max. Should increase and start the cycle again.

Yeah I'm doing the big but boring routine to add a few more exercises in for variety. With my headphones on I just put my head down and do it, get lost in the music. Don't get bored.

I just wish I had a home gym rather than having to go out to workout. Sometimes after work it's a real struggle. If I had the equipment at home then I would do so much more.

One thing to aim for anyway. All I need is a rack and a bench and I'll be happy as Larry.

Although it is a great feeling when DLing 150kg and everyone is watching you, 'mirin.

Haha, and they will watch too because it's hard not to make a lot of noise when you're deadlifting that weight! (incidentally I conquered the 130kg on Saturday so hopefully move onto 135 or 140 this week)

A home gym would be amazing. Just for the fact that i could lift whenever I wanted, rather than having to go to the gym when it's quiet to get any serious work done.

If I had a garage I'd be assembling one now. Unfortunately I don't have even close to enough room to start a home gym.

That's my issue too. I'd gladly forfeit going on holiday this year if it meant I could create a home gym in the garage.

I surprisingly make little noise when lifting. I also don't show any emotion on my face. 8)

I havent read this thread before but how refreshing to read a thread on a non fitness related message board that just points people to Starting Strength.

Usually these are full of jokers talking about how to 'tone up' etc.

All anyone needs is SS, that is for fitness, strength, size and just looking really good naked.

I just wish I had a home gym rather than having to go out to workout. Sometimes after work it's a real struggle.

My gym is less than a minutes walk down my street, found out this morning they're moving a few miles away to new premises, **** gutted! :x

Once I move gyms in September my gym will be on the way home from work and (hopefully) quiet enough that I can ACTUALLY go straight from work.

Which will be great. Means I don't have to muster the motivation to get my arse of the sofa at 8:30 in the evening

Once I move gyms in September my gym will be on the way home from work and (hopefully) quiet enough that I can ACTUALLY go straight from work.

Which will be great. Means I don't have to muster the motivation to get my arse of the sofa at 8:30 in the evening

Fair play Stevo, absolutely no way would I be motivated enough to go at half eight at night!

Ok, I deadlifted sets of 80 kg Saturday, but my grip was really struggling and I got sore hands. I know I can increase the weights, but I am afraid that my grip will create problems. Any tips (glowes are no option) to how to improve this area?

Â