Exciting Youth

smetrov

Regardless of they're level of ability, It's still exciting to see our academy graduates playing with so much Heart and Hunger, the likes of Herd, Albrighton etc always, give 100 percent. whatever the end result. Cannot fault the lads.

If you can't fault Albrighton - youre either very easily pleased - or not looking very hard.

Unfortunatley giving 100% is not enough (on its own)at premiership level. Real talent is what counts. Its early days but I don't see much in our current batch to suggest they are anything other than low end prem at the very, very best.

Regardless of they're level of ability, It's still exciting to see our academy graduates playing with so much Heart and Hunger, the likes of Herd, Albrighton etc always, give 100 percent. whatever the end result. Cannot fault the lads.

your a miserable git.

Regardless of they're level of ability

???????

So your saying it doesnt matter if they are woeful like Bannan, Allbrighton and Delfonesou because thay came through the academy.

Sorry I totally disagree. If they are not good enough for the premier league then they should not be allowed in the 1st team even if they are from the youth system.

Bannan, Albrighton are woefull?

when did that happen? Albrighton isn't massively consistent i'll grant you and he overhit crosses in the fulham game nearly every time. doesn't make him woefull. he's been our motm on a coupel of occasions this season.

as for Bannan, his quick feet are what set up the shot for Gardner which Weimann scored from. i've seen him come on a few times and try too hard for the hollywood ball. i've also seen him use the ball really really well and look to retain possession and pass and move well. woefull is just so far off the mark from what i've seen.

why would you want to criticise them as harshly as this so early in their careers?

the other comments about saying you can't say we have a good academy until we are constantly churning out stars is a bit crazy for me. a successful academy is one that turns out players who can have a decent career at a decent level (championship and above) so that it is self sustaining and hopefull makes a profit.

the fact that we have Gabby, Albrighton, Bannan, Herd, Clark, Gardner, Weimann, Carruthers, Johnson and the Fonz all in and around the first team is exceptional work from our academy. there's Baker and Lichaj too, Stevens and more where they came from too :)

come on, look at the collective value of that lot! all home grown! how is that not a good thing for the club?

anyone branding our youth set up a failure because we don't produce a messi or a wilshere or something every couple of years is badly deluding themselves. no academy does that consistently for years. ajax had their turn, barca have the best now. but neither of them have churned out world class players consistently for 15-20 years at a time...

Anyone else ever glance and read this is "Exiting Youth" which is precisely what they will be if they're properly good. #Depressing

Gary Gardner could be Stevie Gerrard mark 2 ....

Andy Weimann could be Alan Shearer mark 2 ....

Only time will tell, but they both have something special imo.

Chris Herd is as tenacious and dangerous in the air as Tim Cahill (shame we need him as a DM)

Bannan, Albrighton, Lichaj, Clark, Baker, will all get better imo.

Then there's the next crop that are just starting to bang on the first team door.

Keep the faith AM and don't shut them out with average Bosman incomers.

Chris Herd is as tenacious and dangerous in the air as Tim Cahill (shame we need him as a DM)

Then there's the next crop that are just starting to bang on the first team door.

Clark and Gardner may make it - not convinced about the others.

However good\bad the academy - you have to be realistic, you can't build a premier league entirley from the youth team. If two of those listed are as good as say, Gabby then we will have done very well.

Yes chappy. In 124 years of the football league it has happened to one team once. I think smetrov is being fairly realistic don't you :)

People always use that Utd team as an example...but even then there were a lot of experienced signed players in there team...bruce, pallister, schmeichel, keane, cantona, mclair, irwin were all mainstays of that side.

Yes it had some exceptional players in, but since then how many "world class" players have Utd produced from their youth team? Answer none

I'm proud of the youth team and how many players are in the match day squad, it's no mean feat and I can't believe people are moaning because we haven't produced world class players.

Yes chappy. In 124 years of the football league it has happened to one team once. I think smetrov is being fairly realistic don't you :)

Did it not occur to you that my post might just have been with tongue placed firmly in cheek?

Clark and Gardner may make it - not convinced about the others.

However good\bad the academy - you have to be realistic, you can't build a premier league entirley from the youth team. If two of those listed are as good as say, Gabby then we will have done very well.

How good is Gabby really? Im not convinced

It's clear that Villa will not be able to sign outstanding players. That takes big money and big wages. We can go the Bosman route and pick up average players and settle for average position and performances, or we can work with the emerging talent that years of Academy work has produced.

They may well not turn out to be "Man U class of 94" but I would rather we took a chance on their development than buy in mediocrity.

Â