Exciting Youth

smetrov

You had to ask didn't you, OBE?!

It seems like BB has been overusing that abbreviation for that last week until someone asks him what it means!

Just put it in your sig and then no-one else had to ask :winkold:

• 3 weeks later...
SamirCarruthers Samir Carruthers

With the first team tomorrow against QPR!!! Dreams can come true,, so happy right about now :D

Samir Carruthers makes his first step up. Good for the lad, looked decent few times I've seen him on AVTV. Remember we got him off Arsenal, they didn't want to lose him.

Also, shows how thin our squad is right now.

With the first team tomorrow against QPR!!! Dreams can come true,, so happy right about now :D

Samir Carruthers makes his first step up. Good for the lad, looked decent few times I've seen him on AVTV. Remember we got him off Arsenal, they didn't want to lose him.

Albie and the Zog's injuries mean we have no out and out wide options, hence Carruthers call up.

He's there instead of Delfouneso and/or maybe Weimann. We start our 3 senior strikers in a 442 so we could have a stronger bench if we put round pegs into round holes. Good luck to the lad. I don't think it's a problem at all. Especially considering it takes a place in the squad away from Heskey.

The key for me is getting the right blend to play alongside the youth.

Playing Delph or GG alongside Stan in a two man CM just doesn't work. We have had numerous examples of this - Wigan in Delph's first season. the start of this season and Wolves away where Stan and GG just couldn't get a grip on the game until Frimpong went off and they went down to 10 men.

Albie and the Zog's injuries mean we have no out and out wide options, hence Carruthers call up.

Zog is back according to the injury reports today.

Playing Delph or GG alongside Stan in a two man CM just doesn't work. We have had numerous examples of this - Wigan in Delph's first season. the start of this season and Wolves away where Stan and GG just couldn't get a grip on the game until Frimpong went off and they went down to 10 men.

I agree we need to get the blend right but I don't agree that Petrov & GG can't play together. Maybe they can't play together if you also have many other youth players in and around them i.e. the blend is wrong. But given that Gardner could be the only youth in the side then I think he can (and maybe should) play alongside Petrov.

Good news for Carruthers that; he's been quietly developing whilst Gary Gardner has (probably deservingly) taken the limelight. He's good on the ball and full of energy- I don't think he's likely to get onto the pitch, but it's another step in his development.

Is our youth really that exciting???

Looking at what has come through so far I don think Delfonesou is good enough from what I have seen.

Im yet to be convinced that Bannan,Wiemann or Allbrighton are anything special.

Gardner and Lichaj I havent seen enough of and I think Clark and Herd are decent at best.

I think some people get a bit carried away when it comes to our young players.

How is Derrick Williams considered at Villa?

Highly, I believe.

Easy now, throw such honeyed words about and the next thing you know the lad'll have a messianic reputation and an "e" added to his name.

I agree we need to get the blend right but I don't agree that Petrov & GG can't play together. Maybe they can't play together if you also have many other youth players in and around them i.e. the blend is wrong. But given that Gardner could be the only youth in the side then I think he can (and maybe should) play alongside Petrov.

Granted Frimpong played very well in that game but it wasn't centre mid where we were losing the battle. It was Kightly and Jarvis tearing us apart down the flanks.

A below par Gabby and our poor fullbacks led to that 1st half.

Â