What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

In very decent condition, first pressing from 1985 with free 7" E.P. Worth sod all

The Three Johns - The World by Storm

Peel favourites, A Mekons side project and confusers of @mjmooney A drinkers band!

Second studio album by the Politico-punky Leeds threesome. One of those albums that contains a track with the same name as a previous album (Atom Drum Bop) that doesn't appear on that album

Much under valued band imo. I think I've already told my Thre Johns stories so I won't bore you with any of them again

R-431573-1352475094-3644.jpeg.jpg

Captain’s Log, 14.03.2020

The rest of the crew are showing strange symptoms of being a bit out of whack and have all gone out ‘for a run’. In the rain.

I remain sensible however, and have put on some retro synth pop and continue to dance around the kitchen eating toast.

49656406762_3d86e11429.jpg  49655587273_fec3655b43_w.jpg

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

@chrisp65decided to give your Roy Budd album a listen, it's really rather good. I may disappear down a Roy Budd shaped hole for a few hours now as he was quite prolific

I saw one of the guys from Dubrobots bagging a copy and thought there must be something in it if he was interested!

Sure enough, it’s great from start to finish, no filler.

• Like 1

Got the Budd thriller type stuff on Cinephile.  'The Marseille Contract' works as an album and is brilliant.

I like the others too, but you do get repetitive cues with the film's signature motif. 

This is from 74 with an 80s sax and a 90s dance feel. 

Bit of a genius, Roy Budd. Great piano player too.

• Like 1

‘Repetitive cues’ is what brought me here!

I’ve been told to go for Diamonds next and then Get Carter. Marseille also now on the to do list.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been told to go for Diamonds next and then Get Carter. Marseille also now on the to do list.

Heh.

'Diamonds' is great. Some smashing tracks, pulsing underscores, Eastern flavour, lovely.

I reach for the remote with some of the returning 3 Degrees cues.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm currently listening to Diamonds, its good but not as good. I thought Get Carter was spoilt by all the chunks of dialogue. I don't want to have to listen to Michael effing Caine tell some broad to take her bra off every time Ilisten to an album

Marseille might be next

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bickster said:

The Black Windmill, I think is on a par with it

It's great, I have it. You'll pay more for an album on vinyl now than you would've new, but it's not a bank breaker.

'Internecine' was recently reissued.

• Like 2

Yep, there’s no obvious date on my copy of Internecine, but the two written pieces on the back are dated 2019.

just did a discogs, it was 2019 - though all the one’s on discogs are more expensive than what I’ve paid in an actual shop

Just now, chrisp65 said:

though all the one’s on discogs are more expensive than what I’ve paid in an actual shop

You often find that with new releases, in fact you'll find prices on discogs for 2nd hand stuff is more expensive on Discogs than the very record in the shop by the vendoe selling it.

I saw The Fall's Infotainment Scan on Discogs being sold by a shop in Bath for £150, I was in the shop when I looked it up, it was £125 shop price

Mr Creation Records himself - Alan McGee and his band Biff Bang Pow! - Love is Forever

Notable because is has Joss Cope on Organ (Brother of Julian) who I used to know when he had a band called Freight Train with Donald Ross Skinner (Bro Julian's sideman for many years)

The Creation Svengali's band weren't as bad as some people made out. Much better than they were given credit for, especially this album

Original first pressing (Not sure its ever been repressed tbh) in all round VG+/NM condition

R-1014157-1406457259-3894.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â