What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Pole - 2

I don't own this but a friend recommended it last week and I'll be trying to track down a copy (plenty on Discogs quite cheap tbh)

Dubtronica I guess if you're into that genre thing

Pole was started when a Wadorf 4-Pole filter dropped on the floor and broke, it started making random hissing and clicky noises heard all the way through this, they are random and not programmed (hence name of artist).

R-5678-1379643265-7806.jpeg.jpg

It's been 7 years since Kevin Sheilds got My Bloody Valentine together to record and release this (20 years after the last album)

Must be time for another soon? I know Sheilds is a perfectionist who works at glacial pace but I genuinely believe this is their best album and would love another.

A record genuinely recorded in analog and mastered specifically for vinyl

MBV

R-4325562-1362002984-1759.jpeg.jpg

Not listened to this for ages. Another one from the ON-U canon

Singers and Players - Staggering Heights features the usual list of characters but notably has Mikey Dread (He of Bank Robber by the Clash fame) on vocals on some tracks, plus added Prince Far I

R-173272-1227825692.jpeg.jpg

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Decent cover disc, 

A train station grab just to have something to read, as it happens, a half decent article on Ian Dury and an advert for a gig I didn’t know about. So all round good purchase.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

This is deffo on my list. Loved their last album and the tracks I've heard off the new one are great. 

Picked it up yesterday. Missed it when it first got promoted and they were all pre sold before before I got my arse in to gear. This one had been pre ordered and put away for someone but they were a no show and their time was up. I was top of the reserve list.

Yep, it’s really good pop, and that’s meant as a compliment. Watched that BBC4 Stuart Copeland thing on drums / drummers / drumming last night so now I’m listening to the drums and loving that. There’s no drums credit on the album but hopefully I’m not sat here lovingly listening to a drum machine.

• Like 1

Â