What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Don’t know the song, I think I 've only listened to one Bill Nelson album and that’s Quit Dreaming and Get on the Beam (?) and it doesn’t ring any bells from that. have you tried Shazamming it?

Edit: That sample was also in MARRS Pump Up the Volume which also sampled Eric B and Rakim (different song) in the same year

From the depths of memory and then yahoogling it, the song is Quietly Now (Manipulating the Phonograph No. 2) or/and Quietly Now (Manipulating the Phonograph No. 1). Ade gave me the CD probably 20+ years ago and it had no track listing, so I used musicbrainz to try and identify the tracks, and that’s what it came up with.

35 minutes ago, blandy said:

From the depths of memory and then yahoogling it, the song is Quietly Now (Manipulating the Phonograph No. 2) or/and Quietly Now (Manipulating the Phonograph No. 1). Ade gave me the CD probably 20+ years ago and it had no track listing, so I used musicbrainz to try and identify the tracks, and that’s what it came up with.

So after some research… that track only appeared in a 6Cd compilation of unreleased tracks called Noise Candy which was first released in 2002 but they are all from previous sessions. The sleeve notes say they were recorded between 1990 and 2000 so Coldplay / MARRS use of the sample predates it as that was 1987

• Thanks 1

Came in the post whilst I was at work…

Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band - Loophole

Much anticipated in this house and living up to expectations on first listen

image.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

BIG SPECIAL - POSTINDUSTRIAL HOMETOWN BLUES

🔥

This will feature in my album of the year list for sure. They’re awesome live too! 

• Like 1

spacer.png

catchy goodness from the Libertino label, a 50 minute sprint through post punk indie alt pop, y’know, all those sorts of words

Â