What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

much prefer metallica to slayer although they went a bit too commercial after the 80s, but 'kill em all'  alone i rate above anything slayer did.

misfits.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

much prefer metallica to slayer although they went a bit too commercial after the 80s, but 'kill em all'  alone i rate above anything slayer did.

I like Metallica, specifically Ride The Lightening and Master of Puppets.

But your comment is wrong...Reign In Blood is better than both.

• Like 1

Kill 'em All is a rough car crash of an album made by a band who were still desperately trying to find their niche in the already flooded genre at the time.

It wasn't until Burton came more to the fore in Ride the Lightning that they really started to find their feet musically, and even then that album had some awful songs 'Trapped under Ice' and in particular 'Escape' were pretty bad.

Then of course came the genuine masterpiece Master of Puppets (Hetfield's sublime rhythm work and Burton's bass in full groove) and the high point of their creative output.

Everything after that? well, apart from the odd track on Justice for All it's all a 'load' of w**k.

32 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Kill 'em All is a rough car crash of an album made by a band who were still desperately trying to find their niche in the already flooded genre at the time.

The Four Horsemen for me is their pinnacle, I like the odd track that may have followed, MOP being a standout but I dont think they can be bettered than that track.

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The Four Horsemen for me is their pinnacle, I like the odd track that may have followed, MOP being a standout but I dont think they can be bettered than that track.

Four Horsemen was developed from a track written by Dave Mustaine called 'The Mechanics' iirc. Such a pity he had so many issues at the time which meant him being booted out the band as he absolutely destroys Hammett in the guitar stakes.

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Four Horsemen was developed from a track written by Dave Mustaine called 'The Mechanics' iirc. Such a pity he had so many issues at the time which meant him being booted out the band as he absolutely destroys Hammett in the guitar stakes.

I have to admit I dont know the band that well, and only know elements of their history. Megadeth, I know zero about/by, I think with Metallica what I do know has been the result of watching them at festivals or friends playing albums. My taste in metal was/is more at the hardcore end of things.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I like Metallica, specifically Ride The Lightening and Master of Puppets.

But your comment is wrong...Reign In Blood is better than both.

just dont get reign in blood at all and there is not one song from slayer i genuinely like. kill em all is full of classics imo but its not even their best work.

The history of heavy metal (that's worth listening to):

1. Led Zeppelin

The end.

Superb band, but I would never consider Zeppelin to be metal.

Fair enough. They were when I were a lad. Zep, followed by Purple, Sabbath and Heep, then the lower league acts. Everything that has come along since bores me to tears - with the arguable exception of Opeth (arguable because I only like their proggy/non-growling stuff).

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

Don't listen Ruge, it's just an accident of birth.

Rob's reliving his 80s hair metal youth.

:P

**** you! I didn't like hair metal, I was into Anthrax, Slayer, SOD, Exodus, Death Angel etc.

You're confusing me with that Queen fanboi from Sweden :)

• Like 1

Â