What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Waxidermy.

Not being vinylcentric, I don't post on there. I do trade comps with some of the contributors though.

Got some amazing bits from them: field recordings, Xtian, Minimal - right out there some of it.

This is the first forum I've ever posted on, just sometimes come across waxidermy through general web searchs haven't been on there in ages now, they certainly get you copying and pasting stuff into google though. It's the Ihatemusic forum I always seem to end up reading now, lol.

I'm not bothered as now about vinyl as I used to be, my problem was that cd's kept making a ticking noise on the cd players I could afford, but now I've found that I can connect my mp3 player or laptop to the stereo via a cheap stereo connection cable and have it play the rips without the ticking - I have no choice but to do that now anyway because cd player broke.

mX3ow_ILCTm6jyT-vg_YIzA.jpg

Brilliant band.

Brilliant debut by a brilliant band. I bought this 12" before the LP.

128906b.jpg

I remember their debut on Whistle Test performing Dance Band and Science Friction. They blew me away.

arton9120_0.jpg

The Hospitals Hairdryer Peace

Getting out of bed

A real good Rock and Roll cd, I think. I don't normally like rock and roll, indie type stuff but this is I like too brill....

Alright I confess, I was getting a bit bored of that towards the end this sort of music needs to be real short. one for the rare occasions.

I'm now Listening to Henning Christiansen Requiem of Art, don't own a copy but it's available to stream on UbuWeb. One of my favourites I wish someone would reissuie it, I'm sure It'd be a smash hit.

Edited by useless

Brilliant band.

I love their later stuff (Skylarking and after). 

But I can't handle the early records at all. That jerky staccato stuff just sets my teeth on edge. 

Incidentally, that Big Big Train album I was raving about a few pages back features Dave Gregory on lead guitar. 

Brilliant band.

I love their later stuff (Skylarking and after). 

But I can't handle the early records at all. That jerky staccato stuff just sets my teeth on edge. 

Incidentally, that Big Big Train album I was raving about a few pages back features Dave Gregory on lead guitar.

This has prompted me to play English Settlement (my particular favourite XTC album), which predates Skylarking by some four years. I wouldn't describe it as Jerky Staccato either. I think that period you're talking about ended much earlier than Skylarking

Â