What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Fantastic

M83-Hurry-Up-we-re-dreaming.jpg

Definitely.

I like M83, and this album has a few great songs, but I can't listen to it in one go.

The first disc breezes by for me, but I agree...I rarely make it to the end these days. Still love it though.

51IIBt0S0kL._SY450_.jpg

This'll keep me quiet for a while.

Two rival versions of this around - it seems the Moochin' About guys have had a major falling out, and there's a very bitter argument raging on the Amazon review pages. 

You know anything about it Xann?

Edited by mjmooney

Haven't seen Jason since February, should find him on Facebook really.

Just texted him, will see what he's saying.

It does look a bit like what happened to Acrobat - A row followed by two separate concerns releasing the same stuff.

Haven't seen Jason since February, should find him on Facebook really.

Just texted him, will see what he's saying.

It does look a bit like what happened to Acrobat - A row followed by two separate concerns releasing the same stuff.

Well, tell him I've bought his version!  :) 

Almost time for the usual 'Albums of the Year' thread.

There's been an embarrassment of riches this year, so it'll be hard to narrow it down even to a top ten.

I've been thinking about it for weeks trying to remember the early albums of the year, making sure they weren't late albums of last year

I have only one Album of the Year, but it's already one of my favourite albums of ANY year. And I doubt that's happened since the 70s. 

Big Big Train - English Electric: Full Power (2 CD) 

Big%20Big%20Train%20-%20Full%20Power%20c

Superficially, it's the dreaded 'prog' - definite sonic nods to Genesis, Yes, Tull, etc. 

But the songs are not the usual twaddle about spaceships and elves, but gritty and moving tales of working class life and history, both rural and urban. 

The packaging is also a work of art, with some fantastic photography and art, plus lyrics and the background to the songs. 

Can't recommend it highly enough. 

Â