• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as it pains me to say, Moxley was bang on!! Complete and utter shambles.

yeh its quite sad to admit he was right.

Can't blame McLesih wanting to come here and just hope he changes my views on him but yeh this whole managerial search was a shambles and the perception of the board is incredibly damaged - irreversibly perhaps.

It hurts me to say that, because I detest the man!! If I ever met the guy I'd probablly chin him for even looking at me. :lol:

McLeish isn't to blame. Bottom line is, he is a very honest guy, and he carries himself very well. Nothing against him as a person...I just think the board have been on the funny stuff. :?

Very much a shambles and I bet the media are loving every minute of it. When the search started with names being chucked in left right and centre, the media couldn't have dreamed that it would end this way....A man who has just got Villa's arch rivals relegated being the prime candidate for Aston Villa.....Was he all along, who knows? A writers paradise.....

I guess you could say that we kept it very well hidden.....kept a lid on it for as long as possible.....WE'VE BEEN TIN TIN'D!!!!

i wonder if Lerner wants someone to take the flak - if so if its a masterstroke to put the ex blues manager in charge. If we struggle next season - who gonna the flak ? - an ex bluenose or Lerner , 7,000 miles away

This board is CLUELESS

PAYING BLUES MONEY TO TAKE A SHIT MANAGER

UNBELIEVABLE

Its not true!!

I am not happy but its happening! Get behind the boys and stop feeding the press with this "we are all doomed" attitude!

No I am not looking forward to the new season but I hope this guy proves all us wrong, he has the majority of the City against him yet he still wants the job yet a potentially bad appointment and some of you cry off! I know who I think has got the biggest balls and its not those who spend every minute spouting statistics and think they can predict the future.

Get together, have a group hug and then get your arses down VP to do what you was all born to do and support the team!

Nobody is asking you to sing his name, just get behind the team. If you are coming down to boo then stay at home with your voodoo doll, tissues and your History of Aston Villa Video.

This is a test of how far you will take your loyalty, the younger generation wont remember the shit we went through many years ago but he hasnt even put pen to paper yet you are designing your placards.

I dont want him but I love my club and I know you do too so grit your teeth and give the guy a chance to prove us wrong!

i wonder if Lerner wants someone to take the flak - if so if its a masterstroke to put the ex blues manager in charge. If we struggle next season - who gonna the flak ? - an ex bluenose or Lerner , 7,000 miles away

I don't think Lerner will escape the flak at all if things go wrong this time.

Crikey

Is Mr Lerner moving to Hawaii? :winkold:

This whole deal stinks...

McLeishs appointment goes completely against the reasons we apparently discounted much more suitable candidates such as Hughes and McLaren. It goes completely against the apparent change of direction we were supposed 2 taking with our last appointment and our apparent first choice this time. It goes completely against the supposed ambition of our board that we seem to place premier league experience of higher importance than actual success, especially when that premier league experience has resulted in undoubted failure. And most of all it goes against the fan friendly, family club image the board have spent 5 years pushing.

Is Randy friends with McLeish and has just promised his mate a job? Has McLeish offered his services on the cheap? Is Randy just trying 2 piss off the fans or the blues board? Has the typical chairman disease taken over and finally given him an ego? Or is he just bored and wants to create some controversy? Whatever it is, Randy must have an intensely personal reason to not see what every villa fan can see, and to risk undoing 5 years of hard work and investment. And its that suspicion of this being in Randys interest more than that of the club that just doesn't hang right. I mean from a football perspective it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

What we desperately need once he's appointed is for a statement from Lerner himself, explaining exactly what the hell has happened these last few weeks, to try and help us make sense of it. We need answers regarding all the contradictions this appointment has created, and details regarding what the hell our ambitions are now going forward, as its pretty clear now we aren't going to reach the heights we expected under this board. But I won't hold my breath, no doubt it'll just be the usual vague, meaningless, corporate drivel about mcleish sharing the vision of the bright future. The bright future that has now all but been extinguished by this either naive, vain, or just simply unambitious appointment.

On a brighter personal note though, marcelo bielsa is hotly tipped 2 become the new manager of my other team, Athletic Bilbao. At least that's one possible exciting appointment 2 look forward to. It's a shame villa couldn't show the same ambition.

I think we will comfortably finish in the top half maybe 7th. It wont get any better than that and it certainly wont be exciting, but with a few decent signings - Foster, Nzogbia, maybe dann - keep hold of downing. Get Gabby firing again. Maybe have a new player in Ireland if he wants it bad enough. Delph, Gardner, Bannan and Marc could all play big parts 2. Bent will always get goals (again if we keep hold of him).

Its a steady appointment - we will be fine. Fingers crossed for a good cup run