• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I want MON back, Laursen to not retire and Mellberg and Bouma to not leave on a free. I miss those days :(

This but without that clearing in the woods MON -it was him that let tehm go (Mellberg may have gone anyway but he was enver going to stay being forced to rightback to accompdate Zati Knight.

Just imagine... if we'd have got Luek Young a year earlier; less than half teh price and less than half the silly wages we gave him

--------------------Friedel

Young---Mellberg---Laursen----Bouma

We'd barely have conceded with that backline!

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want ANY of their players. They were relegated FFS

Dann and Foster are good players and are instant upgrades over what we have at the moment.

The reason they went down was because Dann was injured the last few months of the season and it would have been even sooner had it not been for Ben Foster.

Get behind the club now and stop this doom and gloom. No one knows how he is going to do. Give the guy a chance FFS. To still take this job after all this means he must have balls of steel! he may even bring those rebellious over paid players into line..........

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, I decided to support Aston Villa - they were innocent times when a club promoted from the 2nd division could win the league and then become champions of Europe.

At the start of every season, I thought my team might win the League. Once they actually did.

Those times are long gone.

The (not really but top four) Champions League changed all that, the power shifted to the players, who could leave at a whim for the chance of playing the Icelandic runners-up in front of a multibillion TV audience.

Then the obscenely rich owners arrived, using a working class game to garner prestige.

The "Champions League" became a self fulfilling prophesy and the fair financing initiative will only go to cement the teams currently involved in it.

Football is entertainment, it is about possibility - when that possibility becomes at best finishing 7th it is devalued.

With this appointment we have abandoned any hope of success and any hope of entertainment.

There seems little point in even supporting the club.