• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its ok to protest against Mcleish - no worries knock yourselves out guys but do it properly and calmly.....

The main point though is don't slag off the board until its definate 100% certain....

If and it's a massive IF it isn't Mcleish the board slaggers and the rubbish graffiti artistes will look very very very silly... I know wthis has probably been already said and ignored but......

Well said. The main thing is to show that we don't want McLeish.

So as a question if this isn't all signed and sealed with AM by say 5pm on Friday will people start to think hold on a second..... Media have made a large number of us look a little bit silly? or will they still carry on taking a shit at bodymoor gates and other super fan things?

in short how long a period of nothing official would need to happen before people start to doubt the media?

On the other hand, if they don't protest now they won't be able to show the board how against it they are.

No point protesting after he's signed the contact.

Though personally I don't think there's any point protesting anyway. The board know how against it the fans are already, they'll make the decision, if they think McLeish is the right man, to ignore the fans or not.

I just hope this isn't a case of stubbornness and a case of 'we pick the manager, not you!'. Makes us realise how fickle some of us are, that we protested against Hughes and McClaren as not being good enough, but now we would probably welcome them if they can stop this McLeish deal happening.

Is there one Villa fan that thinks this would be a good appointment?

There will always be a few people who think differently, but i reckon if you put up a satisfaction poll, then you would probably get 90%+ in the dissatisfied category.

I would say that of those 90%+, that 80%+ of them would be because of his playing style, and maybe maximum 20% for the sha connection.

I agree with the first bit, you would get 90% dissatisfied. But to say that only 20% would be because of the SHA connection is a bit of an understatement (bit = major). If we were getting McCleish straight from e.g. Rangers, or hypthetically he had just took down e.g Newcastle, or Wigan or the like, I think more people would be prepared to give him a chance. They wouldn't be happy but hey would give him a chance. You would end up with alot of people in the "neither satisfied nor dissatisfied group" (if there was one).

But, I have to stress, I don't want him for both reasons.

I don't think us Villa fans would be happy with any manager who had just been relegated with their team, no matter where they were from. You are probably right about my percentages though, it is probably a 50-50 split on the dour football/sha connection.

For me it is 100% down to the dour football and relegations, I couldn't care if he was from sha if he was doing a great job.

I don't care that he was SHA manager, the whole idea that we should never do any business with them is dumb, if it's in our interests we should. They might develop the next Messi (yeah right) so we should never just rule out dealing with them. Their next manager might turn into Ferguson and work miracles, and we shouldn't be above poaching him.

We should work entirely in the best interests for this football club. Leave the rivalry for the pitch, not the business side of the game.

That said, Mcleish is quite possibly the worst candidate around.

Over the past 2 seasons he's outspent teams that stayed up 3-4x, and still managed to take a team down.

I don't see anything that he's done that justifies appointing him, he's shown that he'll make poor purchases, play poor football, and simply can't get a team to pull out a result.

Look at Wigan, last 2 games of the season they knew they had to perform to stay in the league, Martinez got them performing, he got 2 BIG results for them. What did Mcleish do? He had 4 games in may where all they really needed to do was win one, instead he took 1 point from 12.