• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

Wasn't that Robert Oppenheimer ?? (Largely credited ((if thats the word)) with the atomic bomb.)

Edit: Yes it was.

It's originally a quote from the Bhagavad Gītā but only a pedant would point that out ;)

I get it now all the talk with smokescreen this and smokescreen that, it's obvious who is going to be the new manager.

smokescreen.jpg

Get that god-damned mother effin' Armada shite off this forum. :rant:

THIS is Smokescreen.

350px-Smokescreeng1.jpg

I'm not actually sure which is more concerning, appointing McLeish and telling him to work with what we have or appointing McLeish and backing him with huge sums of money. It might just be the final straw of Lerner's investment if this guy wastes the last of it.

I am actually getting a little bit excited at this appointment. Yes he is no fans 1st choice, but he is Lerner’s choice. Lerner clearly wants Villa to succeed and will take the fan reaction as a challenge to his judgement.

This in my mind will mean AM gets a pretty big transfer fund to not only sort the current squad out but also to add quality to give AM a glimmer of a chance to succeed.

AM will also use the fan reaction as a challenge. As many have said on here he must have big balls to take this one on. He will want to make this work (obviously) so will probably give more to this job than to any previous appointment. He is not a bad manager, despite what so many say.

Getting him appointed will also mean we can all start to look ahead again, and start to worry about what happens on the pitch not off it, which is what really matters.

All easy to say I know, but I am a bit bored of feeling negative and want to get back to feeling positive about my team, and support ALL that is AVFC.

UTV

Rational, intelligent, forward thinking, thought provoking. Might want to watch that kind of attitude around here, will get you in trouble.

its ok to protest against Mcleish - no worries knock yourselves out guys but do it properly and calmly.....

The main point though is don't slag off the board until its definate 100% certain....

If and it's a massive IF it isn't Mcleish the board slaggers and the rubbish graffiti artistes will look very very very silly... I know this has probably been already said and ignored but......

What happened with those 'tweets' yesterday taken from the Everton forum speculating that we had offered Moyes a 2 yr contract but he wanted 3 years??

Sytill any talk of that?

I wasn't aware anywhere that Everton Forum had sed we'd offered a 2 yr deal but Moyes wanted 3. That's news to me!

Like I say who knows?.. It's lockdown!

which is bizarre if it's McCleish

I am actually getting a little bit excited at this appointment. Yes he is no fans 1st choice, but he is Lerner’s choice. Lerner clearly wants Villa to succeed and will take the fan reaction as a challenge to his judgement.

This in my mind will mean AM gets a pretty big transfer fund to not only sort the current squad out but also to add quality to give AM a glimmer of a chance to succeed.

AM will also use the fan reaction as a challenge. As many have said on here he must have big balls to take this one on. He will want to make this work (obviously) so will probably give more to this job than to any previous appointment. He is not a bad manager, despite what so many say.

Getting him appointed will also mean we can all start to look ahead again, and start to worry about what happens on the pitch not off it, which is what really matters.

All easy to say I know, but I am a bit bored of feeling negative and want to get back to feeling positive about my team, and support ALL that is AVFC.

UTV

Rational, intelligent, forward thinking, thought provoking. Might want to watch that kind of attitude around here, will get you in trouble.

It could be an out there stroke of genius to appoint McCleish for the this reason:

Villa fans are notorious for turning on their own players, booing etc. This clearly effects the players. In appointing McCleish, we appoint a manager to take all the flak and blame and direct it away from the players. McCleish comes in knowing this situation and willing to work with it. Interesting idea anyway.

What happened with those 'tweets' yesterday taken from the Everton forum speculating that we had offered Moyes a 2 yr contract but he wanted 3 years??

Sytill any talk of that?

Yep we've bin tweeting trying to see what we can find out from other sources.

Villa Park is in lockdown.

guys client contact at EFC has gone quiet & backtracked. Will not talk about it. Just says Moyes is back off hols on Saturday apparently.

I personally think Kenwright won't sell cos EFC are absolutely skint and will find it hard to replace DM....... so RL's looking at Plan B

According to today's Mirror(yes I know) EFC can't even scrape together a downpayment to buy N'zogbia. Natives are worried!

Wasn't it the entirely trustworthy and very much ITK Oliver Holt who tweeted Moyes to Villa on a 2 year deal?

Sorry can I just clarify your notion here. You believe that the best thing to do in this situation and to alleviate fan rebuke, is to give probably the most opposed manager that has ever taken charge at villa park for numerous reasons, a load of money to spend and hope he does the business with it?

Rational no, remarkable though.

Interesting idea anyway.

I disagree. Stupid idea.

It's more important the fans support the manager than the players. We have to rely on him to pick the best starting 11 each week. If one of those 11 isn't pulling his weight and gets flak from the fans, then the manager has to make the choice to exclude him from the team. We can substitute a player, even sell him on if he doesn't turn it around; we can't keep changing manager.

Sorry i cannot see a positive from this appointment if happens on any level.

A manager whos done next to nothing in Prem in 4 years apart from relegated twice - hes a championship manager , Blues HAVE spent money despite what ppl say , the negativity of his football style , the negativity from fans towards him.

There's brave unpopular decisions then there's just stupid ones - this is the latter.

So as a question if this isn't all signed and sealed with AM by say 5pm on Friday will people start to think hold on a second..... Media have made a large number of us look a little bit silly? or will they still carry on taking a shit at bodymoor gates and other super fan things?

in short how long a period of nothing official would need to happen before people start to doubt the media?

If it's NOT going to be AM I would suggest the Board might be advised to leak the name of one of the other candidates to the press.

Would rather McClaren then McCleish!

Same.

But who wants either when you can get Mark Hughes! :bang:

Are Hughes's managerial credentials better than Mclaren's or McLeish's? I think Hughes appeals more because he was a better/more successful/more glamorous player than the other two. It's the 'cool dude' factor.