• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

OK, not that i am in the slightst bit happy about this appointment, but perhaps for once overeactions on forums etc may just have bitten us in the arse. if it werent for a mass protest on here about mcwally he could and probably would be our manager now, already scouting transfer targets and planning for preseason. would we have been happy? probably not...but at least we wouldnt have had half the soap opera we have now nor have been slated by the media etc to the extent we have been.

id snatch your hand off if you offered me mclaren now...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us have been questioning randy's decision making skills for a while now, doesn't seem to be so wrong anymore.

My worry is if mcleish turns us down or randy gives into fan pressure who the **** do we turn to? Also if mcleish turns us down it will just add to the complete shambles we've made of this so far and will be another chance for the media to hammer us.

If he gets the job **** it, I'll still be there and TBH I'll find it easier to get behind mcleish than it would have been to get behind houllier for another year.

Randy is not the super owner some of you have made him out to be. Bet he regrets massively allowing the relationship with MON to get so **** up.

This is **** ridiculous. Blues fighting to keep him, Randy fighting to appoint him, and both sets of fans want to see the back of him.

2 bald men fighting over a comb

I wouldn't mind if he was worth fighting over

I can't play devils advocate to McLeish

a disastrous appointment if happens and a nonsensical one for so many reasons.

Clubs statement tonight was embarrasing.

We cannot have a more disastrous appointment that the one that Martin O'Neill turned out to be.

Let's move on and back whoever is appointed as manager.

....McLeish is nailed on, get used to it..... put all the nonesense behind you and get behind him.

Ok Ok you made your point you want McLeish we've all read your last 3 posts. Now go to beddy byes and have sweet dreams about his ginger balls .

....Don't remember many players wanting to leave the Blues under McLeish, seems a very popular guy, from what I can gather.

Deserves a chance, and any guy willing to take all the flak, would suggest a strong character to me.

as for the negative football tag, most managers with poor players play negative football.....it kinda follows like night follows day.

I'm struggling to believe this is really happening! It's like finding out your hot wife who has always been faithful, has been shagging a dole scrounging fat bastard with no hair and teeth, and she tells you she's going to move in with him.

That actually did happen to me a few years back.

And I feel more gutted tonight than I did then

No lie it happened to a guy who i know he's a real nice guy Villa season ticket holder with a 50k a year job two kids,nice house,nice car a lifestyle most of us would die for and all the rest,he's mrs is a doctor at a hospital and he's found out she's been shagging a hospital porter for 12 months,he's greasy smelly dirty blue nose,her answer was,she was bored......WTF

....Don't remember many players wanting to leave the Blues under McLeish, seems a very popular guy, from what I can gather.

Deserves a chance, and any guy willing to take all the flak, would suggest a strong character to me.

as for the negative football tag, most managers with poor players play negative football.....it kinda follows like night follows day.

Make that 4.

I just want a manager in now to get on with the business of selling the players who want to go and bringing in fresh blood/prepping for the new season. I think big Eck deserves a chance if appointed, people fall back to his style of football at Blues, but Hibs fans are saying they played the most attacking football they have seen under him. I don't think Randy would accept it if he was gonna play the sort of football he did at Blues, which was affective for the most part for them, but not great to watch.

Some of the reactions have been embarrassing quite frankly, people saying they won't care about the club no more or they'll not go to a game this season or till he is gone. Villa till I die my arse. I was mad about this for a couple of days, but I am starting to find quite a few positives in. Hopefully with the money and backing of the chairman, he'll be able to get the balance right from his time at Birmingham and his times in Scotland with Motherwell, Hibs and Rangers. A good balance between defence and attack. I'm not convinced he had his way at Birmingham. With a good team of staff around him at Villa, I recon he could get work out. If it doesn't, then the club will still be here when he is gone. Decent guy, strong character, could be what we need. He managed Blues for 3 years, but I think his relationship with that club has been shattered since Carson came in.

Don't get me wrong, I am thinking, what are the board doing, but if they do it, I refuse to believe it is all doom and gloom. If Alex McLeish was not the manager of Blues, but some other Premier League club with similar poor quality of playing staff, and the date was March 3rd 2011, then I don't think many people would be as apposed to the idea. Still got a club full of dire players to 9th and a cup.

This managerial stuff has been a drain, the sooner it is **** over the better.

Good post I agree with you.

Is this too much?:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,

Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,

Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

It was my North, my South, my East and West,

My working week and my Saturday best,

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;

I thought love for Randy would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now, loan out every one.

Pack up the Holte and where the boys run;

Pour away the pitch and sweep up where we stood.

For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Was Martinez a blind? Was the passing nod in the direction of Ancellotti a sweetener for the fans, to convince us all of this boards integrity?

Was Mcbluenosegingerballbag the REAL target all along?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

....McLeish is nailed on, get used to it..... put all the nonesense behind you and get behind him.

Ok Ok you made your point you want McLeish we've all read your last 3 posts. Now go to beddy byes and have sweet dreams about his ginger balls .

If you had read my post properly, you would know i said he would not have been my choice..... but hey Ron Saunders wouldn't have been either.

He may turn out to be brilliant for us, who knows.

I'm merely saying none of us know, who is going to be the McCoy......Moyes might have been a flop, who knows

I'm saying, just accept whoever it is...... we have accepted mediocrity for the best part of 70 years so, so what.