• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is most fans DO know more than them when it comes to football. they may not know as much in regards to running a club but clued up fans have a pretty good understanding of what mangers will bring what, how much a gamble each is and what effect employing someone of that standing will have on the fans ( who help fund the club) potential sponsors ( who help fund the club) the players and the media.

just because you have never driven before and you buy a ferrari doesnt mean you can drive it as well as someone who has driven for 15 years and cant afford a ferrari

Yes I'm sure you know much more than Billionaire businessmen and Top ranked, highly trained military men taking advice from top football insiders and professionals.

When RL has got something to announce he will do - until then chill out!!

im 100% sure i know an awful lot more about football than either randy or a military man who both had **** all to do with aston villa or football as a whole 6 years ago.

they may know more on the business side of things, i never said they didnt.

however football is not 100 business, you NEED football people at the top mixed with business people, they are both required and BOTH need to be working together.

that clearly cant be the case if we are saying the medias list of potential managers is correct. and no im not saying the list is correct before you misread that also.

how many football 'experts' are going to tell you to go out of any manager in the world, to pick hughes/martinez/mcclaren/mccliesh?

maybe someone who wants us to fail?

if you think for 1 second that the board are football experts who know everything about football then you are not very clever.

I am feeling like a poor deluded fan. There I was talking about the great opportunity the club had to make an appointment like Ancellotti or Rijkaard and then I woke up from the dream and realised this is Aston Villa we are talking about.

I have often stated that I think that somewhere in the dim and distant past that Aston Villa was cursed by a Gypsy. I blame Doug Ellis for that. He should have bought those wooden clothes pegs from the gypsy woman when Tommy Docherty wanted to hang out the washing on Tuesday afternoons!

Can someone please explain what 'contstructive dismissal' means?

It's where you're put in a situation that basically forces you to resign. i.e. if your boss makes your job untennable then this is effectively constructive dismissal.

I'm fairly sure that this is a superb piece of the club managing expectations.

Make us miserable - and we'll be greatful when appoint someone else!!

:bonk:

This has crossed my mind to be honest as I was told (i hate saying this but) by a someone with links that we had been given permission by Bolton to speak to Coyle, I laughed it off at the time but if the rumours are true that we approached several clubs?

Top flight firms do this all the time. People are generally unemployed for a reason.

So when you want/need a new CEO or whatever you have people cast the net and see who is available and who is interested. Personally as much as it upsets our more emotional friends on here, I feel this is excellent practise.

Maybe I'm delusional but I know it won't be McLeish - and I think that we will have our man tomorrow.

Being undermined by your employers to such an extent that you feel you have little choice but to resign.

I think its where your employers have made your job undo able. For example, with MON it was RL telling him to cut the wage bill - he found that undo-able and therefore quit.

Being undermined by your employers to such an extent that you feel you have little choice but to resign.

Can't see that this applies in McLeish's case.

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i wanted moyes but that was never gonna happen wouldnt of minded hughes.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

Coyle, Hughes, Ranieri.

I'd also rather have Poyet, Zola, Holloway.

Yep yep yep, all way-way-WAY above mcdouche.

And Chris Hughton too as someone said.

MAn I'd take all kinds of up and coming lower league managers over Mcdouche. I'm not even that picky really, I'll support almost anyone aprt from benitez/mcclaren and mcdouche.

Though I'm starting to think both mcclaren and benitez arnt so bad now.