• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling it is going to be Hughes.

I don't buy into the rumours Randy was put off because he quit Fulham, and where did that come from anyway? Someone from twitter no doubt, and everyone has run with it because of RL's well publicised way of doing business. My understanding is he (Hughes) only had a 1 year contract that runs out at the end of the month and chose not to renew it.

My bet is Hughes is a done deal and is drawing up a list of transfers as we speak, ready for a splurge on 2nd July.

If this week goes without any action (or Moyes being taken out of the running) I think it'll be a long wait until we do employ Hughes.

However, there is this constant chat about Hughes/Hiddink being the Chelsea team, which is possible in my eyes.

The General has said on villatalk "the new manager would be announced in the next week or two" that was 2 days ago, add 14 days to 11and you get the 25th June at the latest. If we can't announce Hughes until the 1st July then it cant be him.

Could they not announce it before then? Ready to take the job on 1st July?

I have a feeling it is going to be Hughes.

I don't buy into the rumours Randy was put off because he quit Fulham, and where did that come from anyway? Someone from twitter no doubt, and everyone has run with it because of RL's well publicised way of doing business. My understanding is he (Hughes) only had a 1 year contract that runs out at the end of the month and chose not to renew it.

My bet is Hughes is a done deal and is drawing up a list of transfers as we speak, ready for a splurge on 2nd July.

If this week goes without any action (or Moyes being taken out of the running) I think it'll be a long wait until we do employ Hughes.

However, there is this constant chat about Hughes/Hiddink being the Chelsea team, which is possible in my eyes.

The General has said on villatalk "the new manager would be announced in the next week or two" that was 2 days ago, add 14 days to 11and you get the 25th June at the latest. If we can't announce Hughes until the 1st July then it cant be him.

Yeah but "a week or 2" is a pretty vague way of describing it & it would take us to within a few days so one more delaying comment at that point (Saturday 25th June) along the lines of "We should be hearing something by Friday this week" & thats all it would take! Friday being the 1st of July of course!

Lerner is a big admirer of Hughes, wanted him 12 months ago

Cant see why anything would have changed

Appart from Lerner looking for loyalty and Mark Hughes resigning after a year, no I can't see what has changed at all.

Appart from Lerner looking for loyalty and Mark Hughes resigning after a year, no I can't see what has changed at all.

Mark Hughes didn't actually resign did he?

He just exercised the clause in his contract to leave the club...

exactly, he resigned i.e. he still had to give a months notice!

And the big difference is?

Why do people say he resigned, when he just chose not to renew his contract, this is no different to us not renewing reo-cokers contract, so for me randy will look a little silly if he is using this logic to rule him out.

Its not as if he sent an email to resign like the troll from over the road.

I've got to the point where i just wish the board would hurry the feck up, we have a lot to sort out, and i think whoever cmes in is going to be busy in the transfer market, as we have a fair few players to replace.

I wouldnt be against Hughes, and just maybe his dodgy agent could find us another Tevez :winkold:

But thats only what the media are reporting. And as we know, the media have not got a clue at the moment, none of us have.

In fact, everything ive seen so far in the press, looks quite dodgy when you look between the lines!

For instance.....

We were supposed to have not been impressed with Hughes walking out of Fulham....

Really?

Then, they say we want Mcleish, whom has done exactly the same as Mark Hughes!!!!

Now, they are either guessing, or somebody somewhere, is feeding them with a load bollox.

The way Oneil shafted Randy, would only of enforced upon him, that you cant compete in this buisines, by being nice, and doing things the right way.

So my money is firmly on Hughes.

and while we are at it, the fact he insisted on such a clause does not scream loyalty

Yes cos MON signed up to a long contract too didnt he

That didnt seem to bother RL

And the big difference is?

He didn't "walk out" on the club as such.

He just chose to leave at the break-point in his contract.

Mark Hughes did nothing wrong.

Fulham agreed to that contract.

He was fully within his rights to leave (I'm sure Fulham could have ended it if the wanted to as well.)

Add in the fact that RL wasn't all that keen on Hughes last year, it was simply the media saying "Pity Hughes joined Fulham, if he was still unemployed he'd probably be on the Villa radar".

There is another rumour that MoN became aware of our interest in Hughes, told Randy he was staying, then walked after Hughes took the Fulham job.....

Only rumours though :winkold:

Surely if Fulham have now signed Jol they could release Hughes from his notice period?... unless they are digging their heels in of course to make a point.

I have heard on the grapevine that Mark Hughes was not very happy to find out that the Fulham board has spoken to Jol in January behind his back.

I've also been told he was very well thought of by all the back room staff at Manchester City, who had nothing but praise for him.