• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Whoever the manager is going to be, I think its vital for the club to either release a statement or enact a special one off interview stating the current direction of the club. It is a clear as day to outsiders (from listening to radio, tv, reading online blogs/network sites), that the opinions of our fans are all over the place as to where we should be or what we should be aiming towards. More so than probably any other club in the league. This has really come about to such an extent in the past year or so. It clear that Randy's original 4/5 year plan is out the window, so surely there needs to be a new one that we can be made aware of. No one seems to know, myself included, what we are trying to achieve right with the club in the coming years.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on recent developments on Oddschecker, my thinking is that Martinez will be our next manager.

Betting with Victor Chandler and William Hill is at 4/7, Paddy Power is at 1/2, and Red32 quickly shifted to 1/9 and then suspended their betting.

Obviously it's all based on the amount of bids, but it's all becoming a bit odds on.

Just like Hughes was @ 1/20 or Rafa @ 1/2 or McClaren @ 6/5....I wouldn't take any notice.

Hughes was really at 1/20 at some point? Bookies must be loving this at the moment.

Why ohh why Coyle.

I like the bloke really, did'nt do to bad. But when he needed to perform against Stoke in the cup, his tactics were awful. For a team to like stoke (negative football) to smash Bolton as much as they did, just turned me off Coyle. He needed that win and his team folded. So no thanks Mr Coyle carry on with Bolton.

He lost one game and he isnt the right manager for villa?

Errr, I think more than one game. But I mentioned the cup game because it was maybe the most important game they played and was easily winnable???

They played against a stoke side that have beaten the very best and lost. Balanced views.

I don't think I ever recall hearing stories of any other club holding a series of interviews before deciding on a manager. Is that just me?

I've heard it mentioned regularly enough for both clubs and international posts too.

Apparently Kenny Dalglish attended an interview for the Republic of Ireland job and when he went into the room where the panel was they asked for a copy of his CV - so he just walked out.

It seems odd that people like that have to do an interview because their strengths and weaknesses are pretty apparent when you get to Premier League level.

Maybe Randy likes to have a good working relationship with people and by conducting interviews he can roughly guage whether or not there is a chance he could get on with them or trust them.

Based on recent developments on Oddschecker, my thinking is that Martinez will be our next manager.

Betting with Victor Chandler and William Hill is at 4/7, Paddy Power is at 1/2, and Red32 quickly shifted to 1/9 and then suspended their betting.

Obviously it's all based on the amount of bids, but it's all becoming a bit odds on.

Just like Hughes was @ 1/20 or Rafa @ 1/2 or McClaren @ 6/5....I wouldn't take any notice.

Hughes was really at 1/20 at some point? Bookies must be loving this at the moment.

He most certainly was. So personally the odds a meaningless.

I'd just like to be the first today to announce something big must be about to happen because they've just suspended betting!!!!

I know they haven't yet, that'll be a couple of hours away. Just wanted to be the first to say it.

We need more money to compete, Lerner is unwilling to provide or is just completely oblivious to the idea or he hasn't got it.

Believe me he has it. The likes of Wiki will only write what they know of personal wealth. The Leaner family is worth billions. Ok he cant spend like Mansoor (Man City) but he is up there with the richest owners all day long.

Its all about weather he wants to spend it, he can flex when he wants i.e. Darren Bent.

I'd just like to be the first today to announce something big must be about to happen because they've just suspended betting!!!!

I know they haven't yet, that'll be a couple of hours away. Just wanted to be the first to say it.

Then I say, "But that happens every day..."

There is a perfectly good gun slinger who is chomping at the bit to manage this great club. Think you all know who I'm talking about. He's the last man standing.

Amen Brother, Amen....