• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

£25m Downing, do you think we would get that??

Henderson is a reported 20m...how about that......

True

I cant keep up with football player prices these days.

I would give £10m tops for Henderson, if that really

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'smoke and mirrors' 'meltdown of bent proportions'. just two of the many overuesd expressions on here lately. how about, 'the board **** up, again'

Cue "WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING YET"

But when there's praise of the board it's....

*I agree*

Double standards.

But we don't actually know anything though...

**** you talk sport!!! "Downing and Young off so up to 4 playerts out" Talkshite more like, Young yes but thats an easy one

Even though most of it is bollox, its only bollox to us.

To most people outside the club, looking in, it paints the club in a bad light, and Randy in an even worse one.

This is why its of the upmost importance we appoint a manager that has been succesful at the top

Or we could just not get sucked into talksport and their way of angering fans into a reaction... much like they've done to you :winkold:

All this dithering while other clubs get their transfers done

IS your not the most ironic signature ever. Go off line for a while, take a couple of valiums and cheer the **** up. :bang:

Yeah, I just noticed that RM's odds are drifting too. I still think there's someone else out there that hasn't been heavily linked, who we will end up with, and we may be pleasantly suprised!

SSN though, is it just me or since it's removal from freeview, it's turned into Talksport on the tellybox?

if martinez rejects us, i'll be very worried about our boards ambitions. This time last week it was #carlo2villa.

I actually think if he rejects us it wont be the fact that were not big enough its the fact he's on a good thing at Wigan currently has a chairman he works well with used to play for the club and is emotionally attached thats my ten cents on the matter fair play to the bloke tbh not much loyalty in football anymore i think thats why Coyle wont join us either if we go for him next.

So why talk in the first place and why have we been knocked back a few times already.

:o

Because both Roberto and Whelan are gentleman who have a good relationship with each other and perhaps they have an agreement between them where he will not deny him the chance if a big club comes calling.

Roberto would be stupid to knock us back immediately of course he's going to talk to us to begin with and mull it over.

All this dithering while other clubs get their transfers done

like last summer. you think it was a coincidence to appoint amanager after the transfer window closed. but sorry, i'm not allowed to question oh great god randy. ask browns fans.

True

Unfortunatly, Liverpool with Henderson, like Andy Carroll and Man Utd with Phil Jones.. are paying for potential.

Downing is the finished article. His fee wouldn't be as inflated as a young England-hopeful.

I think we'd be offered, realistically, £15m for Downing. But as we paid £12m for him, I hope we'd tell them where to go.

Am I in the manager thread?

If it really is true. That we only needed to provide 60m to get Benitez and didnt because of that reason then I'm really disappointed with Randy. 20m of it will come from Young.

Where would the other £40m have come from though?

from RL, its been 2years since he spent properly on transfers. Bent, Ireland, Makoun didnt cost much more than Milner and Gardner. Its our last Summer to splurge before the requirement come into play. Its a huge Summer and one which will define our future direction under RL.

**** you talk sport!!! "Downing and Young off so up to 4 playerts out" Talkshite more like, Young yes but thats an easy one

Even though most of it is bollox, its only bollox to us.

To most people outside the club, looking in, it paints the club in a bad light, and Randy in an even worse one.

This is why its of the upmost importance we appoint a manager that has been succesful at the top

Or we could just not get sucked into talksport and their way of angering fans into a reaction... much like they've done to you :winkold:

Piont taken :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

True

Unfortunatly, Liverpool with Henderson, like Andy Carroll and Man Utd with Phil Jones.. are paying for potential.

Downing is the finished article. His fee wouldn't be as inflated as a young England-hopeful.

I think we'd be offered, realistically, £15m for Downing. But as we paid £12m for him, I hope we'd tell them where to go.

Am I in the manager thread?

People don't realise the reason why young players are priced high is due to their age. They have a good resale value. Downing, not so much...

If it really is true. That we only needed to provide 60m to get Benitez and didnt because of that reason then I'm really disappointed with Randy. 20m of it will come from Young.

Where would the other £40m have come from though?

from RL, its been 2years since he spent properly on transfers. Bent, Ireland, Makoun didnt cost much more than Milner and Gardner. Its our last Summer to splurge before the requirement come into play. Its a huge Summer and one which will define our future direction under RL.

Time will tell,

If we were to end up with Martinez do you think he could bring Figueroa, N'Zogbia and Rodallega with him