fifa 12

fifa09don

Cheers for the heads up. I have just picked up the matte black 250GB 360 with Fifa 12 for £190 at Gamestation. Not too bad, although that deal you got with Amazon sounds bloody good for all that. Think I'll stick with this though as I can't be bothered to fuss about. Just need to set it all up now, which might take a while.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big upgrade on 11 IMO. The defending will take some time to master but that's as it should be. I'm doing OK with it as it goes, but my defending style is to stand off and pick my moment anyway. Loving the new online league system. Got work tonight but I'll be back later to play until the early hours. :)

On another note, I got this from Game (£42.99 for the standard game!) because I wanted to make some trade in's and they said they were doing 20% extra if you trade in for Fifa, but I still only got £19 for Deus Ex, Red Dead, Dragon Age and Pro Evo 2009. I'd have thought Deus EX should be at least £15 by itself. Crooks.

what level are you all playing at?!

Im on world class (was on legendary on 11) and its **** boring!

cpu always has 60% possession, even though I can get that down to 50% now.. but when i have possession, i cant do anything cos the **** AI players stand there scratching their **** knackers whilst poor old Pato is being raped by a pack of wasps!

fml :cry:

Had a great time playing online last night against a mate. Villa vs Man City over 3 games 1-0 and 2-0 to the Villa till he sneaked a 2-1 victory. I like how it tracks the games you've played head to head with a points system.

Couple of notes on tactical defending online:

I was getting great results with hoof balls from deep to Gabby, my opponent was having a horrid time getting close enough to any ball that was dropping to chest level and below leaving Gabby with loads of space to run through on goal only for Joe Hart to make a poxy save (most of the time). Wasn't getting comparable results from lobbed through balls but that may be due to having them set on manual. Crossing is on semi.

Defending a person is drastically different than defending the AI. Had some difficulty at first but a button mash of (on PS3) L2 + R2 + X with a quick release of X to get in range and a jab at the nudge button led to some nice ball nicking.

dont play offline because as you said, its boring

my only gripe with the game is the head to head seasons, which retard thought it would be a good idea to pick your kit before you even know who you're playing against? i even hate the fact that a home team is wearing a away kit and vice versa, let alone the kit clashes. also, is there no way of seeing whether you have a green conection either?

Enjoying this so far, feels a lot more fluid than 11.

Just had my first online seasons match, was getting spanked 2-0 first half but came back to win 4-2 :)

Fifa 09 was the highpoint in the series, so much so that I switched from Pro Evo- which made a complete balls of the transition to Next Gen consoles. Fifa 10 was good - but flawed. FIFA 11 was just a bit of a mess, but I'm sure it would have been great had they finished it.

On testing out the two demos, I think Pro Evo might edge it this year. The new defensive system in FIFA just seems poor. Players planting their feet and shoulder charging thin air. Obviously once you master it, I'm sure it's fine. But if part of the plan is to offer an authentic simulation of the game, having something that looks so weird shouldn't have got past the developers.

On another note, I got this from Game (£42.99 for the standard game!) because I wanted to make some trade in's and they said they were doing 20% extra if you trade in for Fifa, but I still only got £19 for Deus Ex, Red Dead, Dragon Age and Pro Evo 2009. I'd have thought Deus EX should be at least £15 by itself. Crooks.

Which is why you should get the trade-in prices from CEX online, then take them to Gamestation and get them to price-match.

Which is why you should get the trade-in prices from CEX online, then take them to Gamestation and get them to price-match.

Or just take them to HMV instead, they do really good prices on trades, save you a lot of hassle. They've got an app called HMV replay, gives you their prices. They often do deals on new games aswell, trade in Gears of War 3, get FIFA11 for £4.99, that type of thing.

Plus, Gamestation always smells of sweaty teenagers.

Sure enough, I'd have been £8 better off doing that. And I'd have bought the game somewhere else for cheaper, so I'd actually be £11 better off. FFS.

The non-fullback members of the Villa squad all look p. amazingly good, especially Petrov, Albrighton and Bannan. We're pretty low-rated compared to the FIFA 10 glory years though, Fulham appear to have far more 80+ players than us

I've been taking it easy on pro difficulty with assisted passing and semi assisted shooting, default 4-4-2 with Gab behind Bent - Win, loss, draw in the first three games after an ignominious pre-season 4-5-1 experiment, but I'm creating chances and I just done Hereford 3-1 in the league cup with Fonz going goal mental

The non-fullback members of the Villa squad all look p. amazingly good, especially Petrov, Albrighton and Bannan. We're pretty low-rated compared to the FIFA 10 glory years though, Fulham appear to have far more 80+ players than us

I've been taking it easy on pro difficulty with assisted passing and semi assisted shooting, default 4-4-2 with Gab behind Bent - Win, loss, draw in the first three games after an ignominious pre-season 4-5-1 experiment, but I'm creating chances and I just done Hereford 3-1 in the league cup with Fonz going goal mental

I'm doing the same but do 4-3-1-2 with zog behind gabby and bent. Also find it massively helpful to the defensive side if you assign one of your midfielders as a CDM as they seem to cover the gaps well

Shifted out Dunne, Collins and Petrov as there really slow and replaced them with a couple of Brazilians, 1 called Manoel who has insane stats for a CB and a CDM called Willians who is like a South American Reo Coker ;)

Just lost 5-2 on Ultimate Teams.

All 5 goals were the same. Pick the ball up in midfield and use the LB pass to do a 1-2 with a first time pass. The awful AI on the game means the players don't track the runners and he's in for a 1-on-1 everytime. What's the point? What possessed EA to keep the LB pass in the game?

Absolutely loving this game. The new matchmaking system is excellent! No more playing against Barcelona every game!

Really love the gameplay too.. so superior to every other Fifa. Well done EA.

Stephen Ireland is awesome too! :lol:

Â