Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Who would win the league if all matches ended 0-0.

My mate text that exact question, to one of those "ask any question" services. Their reply that was, it was so unlikely to happen, that it no contingency has ever been put in place.

I don't think they just give the title to Arsenal, because they are listed top alphabetically. No way a league title, and all the money that is associated with that (plus Champions League places etc) would be awarded by such an arbitrary manner.

If two teams are level on points, GD, GS, and head-to-head then Premier League rules state that they would have a playoff. I'd guess that they would have some sort of play-off tournament where games have to be decided, via penalty shootout if necessary. (I haven't quite worked out how this would work with 20 teams though.......)

If two teams are level on points, GD, GS, and head-to-head then Premier League rules state that they would have a playoff. I'd guess that they would have some sort of play-off tournament where games have to be decided, via penalty shootout if necessary. (I haven't quite worked out how this would work with 20 teams though.......)

Each team would have to play two legs against each other team. It would probably be quite difficult to decide which results were best from that so I'd suggest awarding 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw.

• Like 2

I don't think they just give the title to Arsenal, because they are listed top alphabetically. No way a league title, and all the money that is associated with that (plus Champions League places etc) would be awarded by such an arbitrary manner.

Well yes, if it actually happened (even if it was two teams tied on everything else) then I don't believe they would put it down to alphabetical order. They'd have a play off or something.

But I'm sure I've read before that technically, that's how it's decided. Either that or a coin toss (seriously).

But yeah you're right, if the situation actually transpired I'm sure they'd settle it some other way.

Well yes, if it actually happened (even if it was two teams tied on everything else) then I don't believe they would put it down to alphabetical order. They'd have a play off or something.

But I'm sure I've read before that technically, that's how it's decided. Either that or a coin toss (seriously).

But yeah you're right, if the situation actually transpired I'm sure they'd settle it some other way.

How about every team sends their "hardest" four members of staff (we could send Benteke, Keano, Roncrete and The Rock), and we have a Premier League Battle Royal? 

I reckon Guzan would batter any of them.

• Like 1

Presumably you'd give the top 12 from the previous season byes into the second round.

Deciding the relegation and European places, though, would be difficult.

The easiest way is to rank by round exited and then rank of the team which knocked you out.

A more elaborate multiple-elimination tournament is also plausible.

• Like 1

I was very bored at work today and realised that a lot of girls had given me a blow job before I actually had sex with them. Is this common practice? When I say before I don't mean like 2mins before I mean I'd have been with them, got my Bj, then had sex with most at a later date but not some, all swallowed as well. I feel like I should be doing research on this topic a la Masters of Sex. :D

Â