Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we totally discounting hughes on a sky sports understands ? Or is there a club statement - still think hughes is most probable maybe randy doesn't want to be seen as poaching - please not rafa or mclaren

This is what I dont get, Sky sprts are saying that sky sources have heard and then they suddenly change that into avfc say that hes not in the running, talk about twisting words..

I think we should be looking at Mat Kendrick because avfc seem to tip him off first, if hes got nothing to say about it, then I wont believe it tbh

Kendrick has been quiet since this afternoon.

SSN have just said Fulham have released a statement saying nobody can approach Hughes until his contract has officially expired at the end of June. I doubt we will want to wait that long.

I dont think theyve got this right, I think he can talk to other clubs but he will not be released from duties till end of June

Ancelotti, Hughes are ruled out..

Moyes, Benitez and Deschamps are the front runners and riders..

I would expect Moyes to turn it down, Benitez will jump at the chance and Deschamps is the man we all want.. :hooray:

I might just be pissing in the wind here but would you like Deschamps as the new Villa manager

considering all we are going by regarding ancelotti is a poor excuse of a google translator from the ever reliable sky italia think its wrong to say he is ruled out. or maybe im just clutching at straws over the tenner i put on a few hours ago...

Now everyones talking Mclaren!!.........ffs, STOP. My blood pressure can't take much more of it!

This whole 24hrs has been so bloody surreal!

Well at least there was BGT semi finals to keep us all sane..

Flip some of the acts this week have been dreadful.

SSN after reporting ALL day that Hughes was coming to Villa, have now had to do an about turn and report that he's not on the short list!

Fulham have issued another statement that under the terms of MH's contract he and his agents are not free to talk to any other clubs until notice has been served. In this case 30th June.

Villa do well to deny approaching Hughes because this sounds like a veiled threat.

I love this Drama....!

Has any one got a link to Villa saying thats they do not want Hughes as Manager....?

Pat Murphy would be the most reliable source..!

Pat Murphy has insisted that Mark Hughes is not on the agenda on 5 Live.

Pat murphy is as bad as the sky sports reporters, where are they getting this info from, I think theyre just making it up tbh...

there basing the fact that MH said there had been no contact, he would say that, fulham would go mental if they thought there was an illegal approach?!

Im defo not ruling Hughes out, just because slysports say hes not in the running! The local media will know before those mugs. The more I think about Hughes as the new manager the more Im warming to it. Very hungry to succeed, feels he was shit on by City so has a point to prove and I think he will be committed to the cause, which is something we need. Ancelotti is too much of a Holywood signing who would stick around for a year or two and then be off.

It sounds like we know who we want. Why would we rule out Hughes unless we are certain of other targets we want? It sounds like we could be deep into it already with someone else. Maybe anyways. I dont think we have not been doing nothing regarding a potential replacement for GH for the last month.

I would expect Moyes to turn it down, Benitez will jump at the chance and Deschamps is the man we all want.. :hooray:

Well only 5% of the poll on this site wants him. Not sure that constitutes 'the man we all want'.

Ancelotti ruled out? Where?

Ancelotti ruled out? Where?

Sky Italia apparently?