Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I repeat... BBC Radio 5 Live ie Pat Murphy is reporting that

Mark Hughes is going to be offered the Spurs job because Chelsea are hunting Redknapp.

Please let this be true.

Mark Hughes is going to be offered the Spurs job because Chelsea are hunting Redknapp.

Was Pat Murphy correct about Hughes's contract last night? I do not believe he was.

If that's the case then I would have assumed that Anchilotti would have been offered the Spurs job.

Bring back MM petition anyone? He still reads, maybe we could put a blanket ban on abuse towards him.

Got a sneeky feeling that there's a lot more left in this than the press believe. It would surprise me if Lerner didnt make an attempt for Ancelotti, Moyes and/or Jol before making an appointment.

Was Pat Murphy correct about Hughes's contract last night? I do not believe he was.

True but the guy was specifically talking about Hughes in the Villa context... we've all been to bed since then

and as the saying goes.... 24 hours is a long time in football....

I'm just saying maybe things are a bit more complicated than any of us know.

IF it turns out to be Hughes then it could of been worse but also could of been better.Underwhelming if it happens especially when you have the likes of Ancelotti supposedly available, not very often that calibre of manager is out of work.

And if Hughes does get the job first thing he should do (but I don't think he will/would) would be to **** off out the club Ireland and Warnock, pair of utter utter C****.

Win Percentages

O'Neill at Aston Villa - 42.11%

Houllier at Villa - 39.00%

Mark Hughes

Blackburn Rovers - 43.62%

Manchester City - 46.75%

Fulham - 32.56% (A lot of draws lower percentage)

?

so his last club his win ratio is less than either MON or houllier

great

and to be fair about it lets also include the stats for MON and houllier at their previous clubs

without proper calculation i see

houllier averages a win ratio around 52.5% including his villa reign his points per game is 1.82

MON averages a win ratio around 53% including his villa reign his points per game being 1.83

sorry? what was hughes again?

he averages in his years as a manager around 10th place, i would say that is pretty average myself?

hughes has been a manager for 11 years

ancelotti has been a manager for 16 years only a 5 year difference

there is also only around 4 years difference in age ancelotti is 52, hughes being 48 so calling hughes a "young up and coming manager" is the same as calling ancelotti a young up and coming manager

there is a huge difference on their success ancelotti is head shoulders knees and toes above hughes

Rumour is that Sky Italia have said that Ancelotti has turned down Roma and will become Villa manager.

About 20 odd pages late mate, was posted before Hughes was sacked.

Hughes advisor is on TalkSport now saying he has not had any contact with Villa, that it is just paper speculation.

Rumour is that Sky Italia have said that Ancelotti has turned down Roma and will become Villa manager.

About 20 odd pages late mate, was posted before Hughes was sacked.

Hughes advisor is on TalkSport now saying he has not had any contact with Villa, that it is just paper speculation.

Bet he didn't say Hughes wasen't interested in comming to Villa though...