Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board have proven to be a bunch of bottlers who will be happy enough for Premier League mediocrity.

I honestly can't see what Hughes has to offer that is so inspiring? We're going backwards imo.

You say it like they have nothing to lose if they take a gamble and it goes wrong. Look at other clubs who didn't bottle it, went all out to win something, didn't, and then imploded. If we can't afford to keep up then it will have to do. I wouldn't have picked Hughes either but we could do a lot worse.

I properly hate the way people jump down on MH and are already saying we are stuping for mid table who's to say we won't get an amazing season next year with him in charge did well at Blackburn and only had one season at fulham

At least give him a chance first if it even is going to be Hughes

If Ancelotti was still at Chelsea or at a club we would not been having this debate and I think Hughes would be 1st choice.

We finished 9th last season and you really thought we could get Ancelotti.

But Ancelotti isn't at a club, he's out of work and has clearly stated he wants to stay in England. He even went as far as saying the West Ham job would interest him to some degree if I remember correctly.. so.. we get Hughes, Fulham gets Carlo? Good stuff! :(:(:(

If Ancelotti was still at Chelsea or at a club we would not been having this debate and I think Hughes would be 1st choice.

But take a look...Ancelotti is out of a job at the moment so we are having this debate.

I properly hate the way people jump down on MH and are already saying we are stuping for mid table who's to say we won't get an amazing season next year with him in charge did well at Blackburn and only had one season at fulham

At least give him a chance first if it even is going to be Hughes

Exactly my point, everyones getting worked up with rage without even giving him a chance. Complete nonsense being spouted by a few on here.

I think Hughes could be a great signing. He is up and coming and could potentially be the next alex ferguson. I am surprised how some posters expect us to get the best managers in europe when we are nowhere near that level and even if we did get Ancelotti we aren't suddenly going to finish in the top 4 which the same posters would then start saying how shit Ancelotti is.

Ok I read England as London now if Carlo if offered both jobs on the same money can u really see him coming to us over them, nah get real london has way more pull than a lot of people realise Hughes will be good for us I feel

:)

But take a look...Ancelotti is out of a job at the moment so we are having this debate.

How do you know that Ancelotti would come anyway he may of turned us down, we don't know, whoever in charge we need to back him look what happens at times when we did not support the team last season

will people stop complaining & moaning and get behind whoever becomes our manager.

If it is Hughes, people have been talking about him for the Chelsea job, and also eventually being the next Man Utd boss....

and some Villa fans think he's not good enough for us :? :?:

be more positive guys!

The player won't be back until the start of July in any case, so what is the problem if he doesn't join until then?

The problem is we have such an imbalanced squad right now we need all the time we can get in the transfer window. There's also the fact we've got a tournament coming up around July.

will people stop complaining & moaning and get behind whoever becomes our manager.

If it is Hughes, people have been talking about him for the Chelsea job, and also eventually being the next Man Utd boss....

and some Villa fans think he's not good enough for us :? :?:

be more positive guys!

People once talked Keane for the United job.

How do you know that Ancelotti would come anyway he may of turned us down, we don't know, whoever in charge we need to back him look what happens at times when we did not support the team last season

No matter who is manager, there will be nay sayers. Thing is we still have not officially named a manager, so ofr the time being people can debate between Ancelotti, Hughes, Moyes, etc etc. all they want. The only problem I see is people attacking the board before any real appointment has been made.