dudevillaisnice

The yak is a bit like Berbatov in that respect, and le Tiss before them. Yes they don't really work hard and could be preceived as "lazy" but they are natural finishers. As good as gabby's finishing is becoming, I don't think we have anyone inour team who is on that natural finishing ability as the likes of Yak etc.

but I often quote Clive Aallen in this context he scored 49 goals in a season as a paocher yet Spuds never won anything

sometimes the amount of goals do hide the problems this type of player can bring in that you rely on him too much

I woudl rather have all the players contribute and have 2/3 players on 10-15 goals than one player dominate the scoring

Everton is the team I fear most who's behind us so far this season. If they can start to grind out results they are team hard to beat. They haven't been fashionable the last few years, but they're still up there. They play their game and they're mostly very good at it. They haven't had a good start this season, yet they're only 4 points behind us and with Manure next they very well be just one point behind.

Comparing player by player is fun but pretty meaningless. We play in different ways and few of Evertons players would suit our style, and few of ours would suit their style. If you compare them player by player as such, I don't think there's that much difference. And neutral as I am I'd say that we've got the slightly better squad. 8)

Everton is one of few teams that I have nothing against and it's always been that way. I think it started when Lineker played for them. And I always liked Southall. Two of my favourite none Villa-players. So if anyone else but us should break the top 4 I'd say it's them.

Because he has been injured. We have missed him badly. He weren't fully fit yesterday, hence he was on the bench. He has started every game he has been fully fit. He is incredibly consistent so that has no truth.

Alex Nyarko was signed by Walter Smith, not Moyes, and to be fair, he was pretty decent, just a bit odd in the head.. :lol:

Per Kroldrup just didn't suit the league. Especially that 4 nil against you lot at Villa Park, the only game he started at us - any surprise. Although you did get flippin lucky cos Baros did the most blatant handball I think I have ever seen :cry:

Everton are a one man team. Not worried by them this season

The fact that I can't figure out which "one man" you are referring to suggests you may be wrong.

Yes, I rather see them as a very well organised team, like us, not a one man team. Maybe they only have one real star, but as they play well as a team I wouldn't call them that. But that one star to me would be Cahill and Arteta, at least, and that's more than one for me. :P

To be fair, we did play some fantastic football last season. Compared to the usual dross I'm used to seeing. I think Pienaar had a lot to do with it.

Yes, maybe you did I didn't see you that much, but from what I saw you weren't that fashionable. Not dull, more effective and wearing the opposition down. Which is a good way to play if you have the players who can do that. Unlike us who let's the opposition have more posession and then hit them on the counter attack.

Alex Nyarko was signed by Walter Smith, not Moyes, and to be fair, he was pretty decent, just a bit odd in the head.. :lol:

Per Kroldrup just didn't suit the league. Especially that 4 nil against you lot at Villa Park, the only game he started at us - any surprise. Although you did get flippin lucky cos Baros did the most blatant handball I think I have ever seen :cry:

And how is Andy van der Meyde doing? Don’t get me wrong; Moyes and Smith have bought some great players (Gravesen, etc, etc); but like any club (Villa being pretty guilty) of buying some utter dross. The notion that a £6m doesn’t suit the league and plays only one game, suggests that at times the scouts get it spectacularly wrong...

Cahill, remove him and they fall apart

Well i disagree. As AG pointed out they had him issing for a huge chunk of last season and finished 5th.

They are no more a one man team with Cahill as we are a one man team with Ashley Young.

In fact I'd argue we are more reliant on Ashley Young than Everton are on Cahill.

Everton managed a good season without cahill last year, after recent results id hate to see us without Petrov, we do fall apart without him

Everton are only one point worse off than they were last season so they havent started that bad!

Â