Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I think he would improve every club in The Premiership being honest, if Moyes went off and signed him for £5mil he'd probably score 15 goals at United next season, City would be debatable but everyone scores goals at City, I just don't know would he get the appropriate game time. Chelsea he's another obvious one, their strikers don't score granted I expect Jose or whoever to go out and get a top top striker there's no question Darren's scrappy goals would be vital for them. Arsenal is where I think he'd fit in best as they tend to be very poor in terms of converting chances, however I don't think Wenger's ego would let him sign him, even though he did sign Carzola at 28 this year.

I think one of the big teams could take a punt on him but he'll would only get a bit part role. The fox in the box role is a luxury that very few teams can afford, especially when he seems to me to be unwilling/unable to do much else. Perhaps Stoke or Fulham who will play a traditional 442 with wingers and a strike partner for him could get the best out of him. Teams seem to be moving away from this way of playing though.

Edited by El-Reacho

I think he will end up at Stoke. They will pay good wages. Just keep him in the box while they continuously throw the ball in the mix. Will suit his style of football well I think. 

Edited by PieFacE

Yes I can see him at Stoke as well, the perrennial ex-England international forward's graveyard. He can receive the long throw-ins and get the knock-downs from Crouchy.

We should hold out for £8m for him to pay for a proper hard defender.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

He's still a proven goalscorer, that won't have been forgotten. They always pull big money, and his fitness is good at 29, (no history of serious injury) so I expect he still has a good value. Someone will take a punt on and I think £8M will be a very good price worth paying for a player capable of taking care of the goals.

A well drilled defence and a decent supply line to Bent could be the difference between relegation and survival or mid table and Europe.

I think he would improve every club in The Premiership being honest, if Moyes went off and signed him for £5mil he'd probably score 15 goals at United next season, City would be debatable but everyone scores goals at City, I just don't know would he get the appropriate game time. Chelsea he's another obvious one, their strikers don't score granted I expect Jose or whoever to go out and get a top top striker there's no question Darren's scrappy goals would be vital for them. Arsenal is where I think he'd fit in best as they tend to be very poor in terms of converting chances, however I don't think Wenger's ego would let him sign him, even though he did sign Carzola at 28 this year.

How on earth would Darren Bent improve Man Utd?

If Darren Bent played a game for united, as it stands, one of RVP, Rooney, Hernandez or Welbeck (all of which are better or more complete playes by some distance) would not be in the team.

Edited by Woodytom

Fair play to him, pleasant comments those. I appreciate that he hasn't kicked up a stink, either in public or behind closed doors. I believe him too and think I may have misjudged him.

He didn't do himself an awful lot of favours when he spoke out post West Brom, but we weren't exactly in the shit at the time. He's handled it like a gentleman, I hope he gets a good move and that we all get paid

If Darren Bent played a game for united, as it stands, one of RVP, Rooney, Hernandez or Welbeck (all of which are better or more complete playes by some distance) would not be in the team.

He get's goals, Rooney is unhappy and wants a move, Hernandez is apparently in search for first team football and Wellbeck scored a grand total of 1 Premier League goals this season, one less than Bent. I just think that he'll probably be available at around £5mil and Moyes could do a lot worse than sign a proven Premier League goal scorer who probably wouldn't mind sharing the load if he could win a few medals. Also, United score more scrappy goals than any other team in the world so would suit him down to the ground.

He get's goals, Rooney is unhappy and wants a move, Hernandez is apparently in search for first team football and Wellbeck scored a grand total of 1 Premier League goals this season, one less than Bent. I just think that he'll probably be available at around £5mil and Moyes could do a lot worse than sign a proven Premier League goal scorer who probably wouldn't mind sharing the load if he could win a few medals. Also, United score more scrappy goals than any other team in the world so would suit him down to the ground.

Rooney has been unhappy for yonks. Hernandez may be in search of first team football (so is Bent) but he still comes on and scores goals (unlike Bent). Welbeck offers more than goals. Bent isnt putting in the performace Welbeck did in the Bernabeau.

Man utd dont need goals, they dont need to share the goals out. By putting in Bent, you take out a more complete player who will offer a lot more to the team than Bent. Darren bent will go to a team that is midtable at best. He will score a few and he will have dry spells. The team he goes to will still be a midtable team at best come the end of the season. He is a kevin Phillips. He will get you goals but do very little else. Unfortunately, to be successful in the premiership, you need your striker to give you more than just goals in spurts.

I'm not saying United will be interested I'm just saying in my opinion he would do very well for them. I see what you are saying Woodytom and by the way Everton is a great shout DDID. I think Wellbeck has been hopeless all season bar that one game in Madrid. It wasn't so long ago that people were slating Heskey saying a strikers job is to score goals, now don't get me wrong I didn't rate Heskey but that's what Bent does, and let's fact it if Moyes' United team start the season like his Everton team did most years he'll be under immense pressure from the "fans". I just think going out and buying Darren Bent would make so much sense for them granted he's not hard working but he knows where the back off the net is and that's all that matters at United. Plus I think Bent would put himself about more at United as he wouldn't be a big fish at all.

I'm not saying United will be interested I'm just saying in my opinion he would do very well for them. I see what you are saying Woodytom and by the way Everton is a great shout DDID. I think Wellbeck has been hopeless all season bar that one game in Madrid. It wasn't so long ago that people were slating Heskey saying a strikers job is to score goals, now don't get me wrong I didn't rate Heskey but that's what Bent does, and let's fact it if Moyes' United team start the season like his Everton team did most years he'll be under immense pressure from the "fans". I just think going out and buying Darren Bent would make so much sense for them granted he's not hard working but he knows where the back off the net is and that's all that matters at United. Plus I think Bent would put himself about more at United as he wouldn't be a big fish at all.

Did you see him playing for Spurs? His goals scoring record for us was just as good as it was for you, but our fans largely think he's average. What does it matter if he gets goals but the team is worse? So much of the play broke down due to him being rubbish at football. There is no way DB can play in a decent possession side. He's a bottom half of the league player, where teams set up to feed him. In a decent side when opposition teams play a deep block, he's next to useless. No top side would be interested in DB. I've watched you recent games and Lambert has you playing some brilliant passing football, where everyone works hard to make angles and keep the ball. It's really progressive stuff and the reason why decent sides wont be interested in Bent. Mid to bottom half of the league teams, that will look to play wingers to cross the ball and hit teams on the break will be interested. 

• Like 2

There was at least one poster on here highlighting that Heskey brings more to the table that just his sheer lack of goals - cant think who it was though  ;)

• Like 1

Did you see him playing for Spurs? His goals scoring record for us was just as good as it was for you, but our fans largely think he's average. What does it matter if he gets goals but the team is worse? So much of the play broke down due to him being rubbish at football. There is no way DB can play in a decent possession side. He's a bottom half of the league player, where teams set up to feed him. In a decent side when opposition teams play a deep block, he's next to useless. No top side would be interested in DB. I've watched you recent games and Lambert has you playing some brilliant passing football, where everyone works hard to make angles and keep the ball. It's really progressive stuff and the reason why decent sides wont be interested in Bent. Mid to bottom half of the league teams, that will look to play wingers to cross the ball and hit teams on the break will be interested. 

I'm not saying he would be the focal point of the attack at all, I'm saying with so much confusion over the current striker force at United, Rooney wanting out, Hernandez wanting more game time, Wellbeck scoring 1 goal in the league all year, and obviously the pressure Moyes is going to be under to get the team performing immediately, that he could do a whole lot worse than sign a striker with over 100 Premier League goals, I'm not saying make him the first name on the team sheet, I'm seeing him have a far more reduced role if anything, but I could see value in bringing him on with 30mins to go at 0-0. I'd argue Moyes has struggled to sign a good striker in all his years at Everton, looked like he was onto something finally with Jelavic but that didn't work this year, so the tried and tested route of Bent, in my opinion seems like it could be a good idea, granted I obviously don't think he will end up at United, I was merely stating that for £5mil they could do a lot worse.

Can't see us getting more than £5m for him. Shame it didn't work out here under lambert, still think he and Benteke could've been a good partnership. Not sure where he will go. Everton crying out for a striker but depends on new manager

There's no way the champions of England will be looking at Darren Bent.

Their managers old club Everton perhaps. They do have a few quid, they're not as broke as everyone suggests and they do crave a goalscorer.

yes was about to post that, wouldn't surprise me

Tbf to Folski he hasnt said that Man Utd are/would be after him. He is saying that Bent would be a good addition to them.

But he's wrong. If he was right perhaps they would look at him, same difference.

The Spurs fan summed it up best for me and it's something we all know too well, despite the 15-20 league goals he brings you're playing with 10 men for a large portion of the time. Even worse, when the ball does come to him he's about as much use as a Heskey.

Not the right player for us, certainly not the right player for Manchester United.

Â