Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Aston Villa have told talkSPORT Darren Bent is not for sale at any price.

We need to decipher this a bit methinks; we were (reportedly) informed that Downing "won't be sold for anything less than a mega offer" and he went for £20m. I suppose it's arguable whether that amount qualifies as "mega" or not; not for me, which leads me to say if we're told that Bent "won't be sold at any price" does that mean we'll probably sell for anything over £30m?

http://tinyurl.com/7deryl5

Now they're saying something similar regarding Bent. It's like they want him to be sold.

So, how would you convince players to stay?

Aversion therapy. Stick Bent in a Liverpool shirt whilst repeatedly electrocuting him (non-lethal voltage, of course). Play "You'll Never Walk Alone" whilst his eyes are strapped open and he's forced to watch footage of World War II.

Of course, this might mean he'll never be able to play against Liverpool for us again, but it'd at least be worth the entertainment to see the OS list Bent as "out with a funny gulliver-related injury".

:lol:

if bent was to be sold i would move heaven & earth to get in dempsey & zamora from fulham,both would add to this villa side however i really dont think we can get the best out of bent untill we get better midfield players in

Robbie Keane would not be a replacement for him, Bellamy could be......

.. Yeah 32 year old Bellamy will be the perfect replacement :|

Bellamy would score us goals in the short term and would not be a loan signing, which i see as of been no benefit to anyone more than L pool, especially if it was Carrol.

"Why would Bellamy come to us?" Because L Pool want Bent, they would have to make a sacrafice to get him.

L Pool are serious shit IMO, their public image (world wide) has been shattered, their fan base will be affected by this Suarez crap and the way they stuck the t shirts on...... a big buy now make be an attempt to divert media attention away from their arrogant behaviour towards one of their own......A no class club if ever there was one.

Bellamy would score us goals in the short term and would not be a loan signing, which i see as of been no benefit to anyone more than L pool, especially if it was Carrol.

"Why would Bellamy come to us?" Because L Pool want Bent, they would have to make a sacrafice to get him.

L Pool are serious shit IMO, their public image (world wide) has been shattered, their fan base will be affected by this Suarez crap and the way they stuck the t shirts on...... a big buy now make be an attempt to divert media attention away from their arrogant behaviour towards one of their own......A no class club if ever there was one.

What contract would we put him on? 2 year? 3 year? he isn't worth it at all at the age of 32.. it's short term like you said when currently we have a better player (imo) on a long contract and if there is any potential deal with liverpool they'll try and pull a fast one by including him in a deal to lower the price.. that's before we even consider whether Bellamy would want to even come here (I highly doubt it)..

What contract would we put him on? 2 year? 3 year? he isn't worth it at all at the age of 32.. it's short term like you said when currently we have a better player (imo) on a long contract and if there is any potential deal with liverpool they'll try and pull a fast one by including him in a deal to lower the price.. that's before we even consider whether Bellamy would want to even come here (I highly doubt it)..

Price stays the same and he comes on loan then? Either way we hold all the cards, lets just see how well they are played..........

I think McLeish would like nothing better than to sell the top name player who he has FAILED to get anything out of and does not suit his dull, anti-football tactics.
I think Lerner would be similarly delighted and also, depending upon club and terms etc, I suspect that the player would not be averse either

Of course he'd be delighted. He gained £40m TV payments last year + Young and Downing money and makes a profit on Bent.

Win, win for Lerner. He's a fraud.

How is Lerner a Fraud? He spent £64m buying the club, then invested over £200m of his own money? What fraudelent acitivity has he done, I'm really at a loss here..

So let's say Darren Bent wants to leave, in the same way Gareth Barry, Milner, Young and Downing wanted too. What would YOU do to stop them wanting to leave? Offer a bigger contract? They did that. Show "ambition"? They don't have the money to compete the same way the top 6 do.

You're not necessarily forced to convince anyone to stay.

When a player still has several years left on their contract you can always just tell 'em that they're staying, like it or not. Yes, there is a potential downside to that, but there is also an upside ... perhaps a very long-term upside.

So let's say Darren Bent wants to leave, in the same way Gareth Barry, Milner, Young and Downing wanted too. What would YOU do to stop them wanting to leave? Offer a bigger contract? They did that. Show "ambition"? They don't have the money to compete the same way the top 6 do.

When a player still has several years left on their contract you can always just tell 'em that they're staying, like it or not. Yes, there is a potential downside to that, but there is also an upside ... perhaps a very long-term upside.

I bet you're itching to give us an example. Hmm, I wonder what that could be?

I bet you're itching to give us an example. Hmm, I wonder what that could be?

Just dont go there ffs, Levy is a very good chairman, he, IMO is the primary reason Spurs are where they are,

Â