Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

i have no idea how some fans would prefer hernandez over him, hernandez could be a flash in the pan, bent is a proven world class striker who's been banging them in for years at every club he's been at

Bent has been outstanding but world class? That term is banded around far too often, surely you have to have done something at the world level to be world class?

i have no idea how some fans would prefer hernandez over him, hernandez could be a flash in the pan, bent is a proven world class striker who's been banging them in for years at every club he's been at

No one has said that on here, although they aren't going to buy someone who is going to stunt the potential growth of Hernandez who looks like he could be one of the best strikers around in the future.

No one has said that on here, although they aren't going to buy someone who is going to stunt the potential growth of Hernandez who looks like he could be one of the best strikers around in the future.

look at the previous few pages in this thread, ffs you always say that to be a top class striker, you need to have more to your game than just goals, hernandez is the very definition of a poacher, he does absolutely nothing but get into good positions and score goals, bent has a lot more to his overall game than hernandez does and scores goals week in week out

I disagree that Bent 'only scores goals'. I think that's too simple a cliché to regurgitate. I've seen him come back deep, get possession and lay the ball off plenty of times. He is a superb finisher and he doesn't always run himself ragged in order that he be fresh when the chances come along, but he does on occasion do more than that. To ignore or not see that is to do him a dis-service.

I disagree that Bent 'only scores goals'. I think that's too simple a cliché to regurgitate. I've seen him come back deep, get possession and lay the ball off plenty of times. He is a superb finisher and he doesn't always run himself ragged in order that he be fresh when the chances come along, but he does on occasion do more than that. To ignore or not see that is to do him a dis-service.

I have another name for it which is equally accurate but less polite :D

Bents hold up play is fantastic and its very underrated. Other than that he mainly just makes fantastic runs and scores goals. Enough for me.

If we're ahead and winding downthe clock Heskey and Bent are two of the best players to have on the pitch as they can hold the ball up superbly. Unfortunately we pass it to Collins/Dunne who has to hastily give it to another attacker or give it to Friedel insteadof Heskey/Bent.

Bent has more to his game? all he does is score goals. At times yesterday he was watching the crowd.

He can sit on the bench fingering his bum for all I care if he ends up banging in a goal or two,

Bent has more to his game? all he does is score goals. At times yesterday he was watching the crowd.

He can sit on the bench fingering his bum for all I care if he ends up banging in a goal or two,

As long as we have Ashley Youngs feeding him.

Pardon my French, but I was so **** proud of us the other **** day and DARREN was incredible! The goals, the effort, the skill, the passing...the WIN! **** HELL I WAS ON CLOUD 9! I wish we could play like that all the time! LOVE ASTON VILLA, they made me proud that day, and once i saw the formation I felt it in my bones, even said it to mates around me, AND IT HAPPENED!

If all he does is scores goals and wander round up the field, explain why he was clattered in our own half against Wigan, after working hard to get the ball back? When there were several Villa players further up the field?

Â