Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Just brilliant. So great to have a real genuine goal scorer for the first time in way to many years. If only O'Neill had signed him from Spurs who knows what might have happened.

People may say we paid too much for him but if we hadn't we would have been relegated I'm certain which in my book makes him a bargin.

bent is gonna be an animal for us next year. If we get defence sorted we'll put on a push for the top 5 (though 6-8th will be the likely finishing spot unless we really click)

Have to say always thought he was a good player bit since joinign Villa he has sown me something else. No OTT but id rather him than Dzeko, Torres or Carroll especially at cut price we got him for :D

Have to say always thought he was a good player bit since joinign Villa he has sown me something else. No OTT but id rather him than Dzeko, Torres or Carroll especially at cut price we got him for :D
That's not OTT at all. Dzeko is good but in this league Bent is much better. The Torres of a coupe of years ago was sensational but that was a long time ago now, and Carroll has never been that good. The only reason why he's suddenly mentioned among the best is because of his price tag.

Dzeko doesn't appear to be good in the English game. He's slow as hell and loses track of the ball easily.

The only player who came close to Bent in value for money is Suarez. Brilliant player. Just imagine if we had both in our squad. We would be scoring goals for fun.

He's scored every time he's played against Arsenal. He's a **** machine. Something likes 18 shots on target for Villa and 9 goals. **** how many times he touches the ball - that aint his job. Scoring goals is. And boy has he. Most away goals this season I believe.

My Dad goes to the games with me and he likes the old-fashioned workhorse type centre forwards. He wasn't taken in by Darren Bent at all after seeing him play 6 or 7 games for us. I kept telling him, don't worry about his work rate, just be happy with the fact that this guy will score us at least 20 goals a season.

Now, my Dad thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread :D

I've said it time and again. I don't care if he does sweet FA for the whole game as long as he puts the ball in the net once or twice.

He is the best signing this club has made for a very, very long time.

Â