James Collins

AngelGabriel

Richard has been such a critic and is onboard with what is happening, so he is either being misled, or is a fool, or has gone soft

Well I know which one my money is on :winkold:

Personally I'll be asking the bookies for the odds on a completely different outcome :mrgreen:

Said it before, but would still keep Collins over Dunne.

From what I have seen so far from pre season Dunne is looking even slower than before. Collins has been looking strong and hasn't even been launching the ball a lot.

So where have you seen dunne pre season ?

Last night???

Yup. I am a Dunne fan but he really looked off the pace at Philly. Hopefully its just the heat. But yeah, he got caught out pretty bad in that one run for sure.

He looked off the pace all through the Euro's too. Makes far too many silly and costly mistakes Dunne and he's not getting any younger. If we can offload him I would, much rather keep Collins. However I do feel we have to get rid of one, and Collins because of his age looks the more saleable.

don't for a second think its sell to buy... i do however think its more of a case of avoiding having high salary players on the books that are unlikely to play regularly....

JC is on a salary that would mean he was a certain first team starter to justify it...

If Vlaar were to come in, we would have dunne, clarke, vlaar, baker and lowton, as well as JC. as such, if PL is favouring dunne, I can see that JC would become a very expensive benchwarmer, if he made the bench...

Sunderland sign Collins and Warnock

SUNDERLAND boss Martin O’Neill has snapped up Stephen Warnock and James Collins.

The defenders cost Black Cats £4million from O’Neill’s former club Aston Villa.

Meanwhile, Villa have been told to flash the cash if they want Ron Vlaar.

Feyenoord boss Ronald Koeman blasted: “They have so much money but do not pay for him.”

Hope this is true, even though the fee for both is low, that free's up a lot of wages for better players.

If true they won't be playing tonight, or would they?

We'll see, James Nursey said the other day that these two were signing for Sunderland too. Hope it's true. Massive loss on transfer fee's we paid though.

Why on earth did they even fly to the US ??

£4m for two guys who cost us £12m ?

Plus Cuellar £8m

So MON has bagged three players for £4m after spending £20m of Lerners money on them

Jeez randy must be fuming

£4m is better than nothing next summer, I'm just happy someone is interested in signing them. Wouldn't surprise me if there wages together would cover 3 or 4 new signings. Doubt the likes of Vlaar and co won't be on anything close to those two.

If this is true, I might jizz in my pants!

A bit disappointing when you look at the total fee talked about, but then if they'd been playing well enough to command decent money then we wouldn't be so keen to see the back of them!

I almost feel sorry for Sunderland!

If this is true, I might jizz in my pants!

A bit disappointing when you look at the total fee talked about, but then if they'd been playing well enough to command decent money then we wouldn't be so keen to see the back of them!

I almost feel sorry for Sunderland!

MON will get the best out of them as he did here, but probably not for a full season ;)

he'll almost have our old back four there now. we know he's a great motivator and he'll get his squad to overacheive, but it'll be interesting to see how he gets on up there with players he signed for us that have ostensibly failed since he left.

wages? if all the players he's taken off us are going to play for the same or similar wages as they were on here does that mean the maccams feel they can generate more money than us for wages just based on bigger gates?

Â