James Collins

AngelGabriel

all our defence looked good today as Swansea are a good team until getting into final 3rd and they looked clueless then. though COllins gave a typical stupid free in last 30 seconds i thought would cost us

• 3 weeks later...

Think Collins' time is up in the starting line up. Has had some good games for us but has looked a liability for the last year or so in some games. Our right side of defence is not the strongest with him and Hutton in there.

Hutton and Collins, positionally my God it's horrific between them.

Surely Cuellar would be a better option to cover Hutton, Carlos reads the game very well and is a good defender compared to our other CB's when run at and dragged wide. I guess the reason may be the fact Dunne prefers to cover as well and wouldn't leave us with a dominating CB in the air. Apart from that, I really don't see what Collins offers.

Hutton and Collins, positionally my God it's horrific between them.

Surely Cuellar would be a better option to cover Hutton, Carlos reads the game very well and is a good defender compared to our other CB's when run at and dragged wide. I guess the reason may be the fact Dunne prefers to cover as well and wouldn't leave us with a dominating CB in the air. Apart from that, I really don't see what Collins offers.

Always thought that's what Cuellar used to do well at right back. Read the game so well and because he is a natural centre half, always used to come inside to cover Collins.

collins might not be the best, but it would make no sense to sell him, the first team is string thin already, and i am not keen on playing youngsters in such an important position as central defence, its risky, clark doesnt yet impress me

collins, like warnock, need to hit the gym, and toughen the f**k up!

drop him, sell him, shoot him... whatever

he's awful and he brings the whole back line down to his level. dunne is a very good defender when he's allowed to do his own thing, when collins is beside him he's responsible for cleaning up after him, waiting for him to fall over or dive in and miss a tackle

how he hasn't been dropped is beyond me

collins is shit, and he has always been shit. that 1 good defensive season under MON he had cuellar practically playing as another CB to cover all his mistakes, he had petrov who would sit deep protecting the defense and he had james milner who would be back helping defend and then 10 seconds later up the pitch scoring a goal.

for the first goal he was yet again marking no one. there were 2 liverpool players standing 6 yards out and he just stood there and watched as one of them scored.

iirc it was about the 80th minute - him miscontrolling the ball into huttons path, taking the ball off huttons toes (very much to the bewilderment of hutton) before misplacing a 10 yard simple pass down the line - probably a new low in a very shit season for me

Â